Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, what's so great about... Steely Dan?

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    "It would take one to know one".
    I was married to one for a decade.

I denied you attention months ago after you pulled a few textbook PD moves on another thread; consider this response a nugget, a gift, from a savvy empath, 'cause you ain't gonna see another one.

Just like she'll never see or hear from me again. Nothing drives a narcissist/borderline more crazy than simply ignoring them. Benign indifference, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I was married to one for a decade.

I denied you attention months ago after you pulled a few textbook PD moves on another thread; consider this response a nugget, a gift, from a savvy empath, 'cause you ain't gonna see another one.

Just like she'll never see or hear from me again. Nothing drives a narcissist/borderline more crazy than simply ignoring them. Benign indifference, if you will.
    But you just gave me attention twice. I have news for you - you're exactly as you describe me to be. LOL. You are seriously damaged. Grow up. A gift? We're about the same age, and you'd need about half your life to catch up.

Jefferson James
    But you just gave me attention twice. I have news for you - you're exactly as you describe me to be. LOL. You are seriously damaged. Grow up. A gift? We're about the same age, and you'd need about half your life to catch up.
    This is what's so awesome about personality disorders -- they are totally predictable and follow routine patterns. Like clockwork.

I gave you attention once, in one post, not twice. PDs create their own version of reality but the reality is, I gave you one response, not two (until this one). A classic PD technique -- make something up as fact and then defend it aka gaslighting.

"You have news for me" -- superiority complex.

PDs are always projecting, so of course I am exactly like I say you are and I'm damaged and, really, all I need to do is simply grow up and we'll be pals. I think everyone who knows me here would say you and I are very similar in our approach, right?

This is like shooting retarded ducks with water balloons.

I'm so proud of yourself; supply denied, clownfish.

This is what's so awesome about personality disorders -- they are totally predictable and follow routine patterns. Like clockwork.

I gave you attention once, in one post, not twice. PDs create their own version of reality but the reality is, I gave you one response, not two (until this one). A classic PD technique -- make something up as fact and then defend it aka gaslighting.

"You have news for me" -- superiority complex.

PDs are always projecting, so of course I am exactly like I say you are and I'm damaged and, really, all I need to do is simply grow up and we'll be pals. I think everyone who knows me here would say you and I are very similar in our approach, right?

This is like shooting retarded ducks with water balloons.

I'm so proud of yourself; supply denied, clownfish.
    You insulted me without doing it to my face. So you referenced me in 2 prior posts, asswipe. That's cowardly, and covers about 3 personality disorders. When you get your M.D., then we can talk about your diagnoses, and even then, you wouldn't be able to do it from afar. So, stand down, big man.

You are childish. Like a predictable 12 year old.

Jefferson James
    You insulted me without doing it to my face.
    That's the way messageboards work, son.

That's the way messageboards work, son.
    That's the way that uneducated dummies think they work. It's the way of cowards, which is the way uneducated dummies are prone to act. Thanks for feeding my need for attention.

Jefferson James
    You're welcome. I can stop the feeding any time. You can't. It's all too deeply personal for you. Lighten up, Sally.

You're welcome. I can stop the feeding any time. You can't. It's all too deeply personal for you. Lighten up, Sally.
    roflmao. What a maroon.

Any predictions?

Here's mine…

Jefferson James
    Gruno, you love this stuff and you know it. I don't have MIL blocked 'cause I enjoy watching him react in predictable ways time after time after time, and I hope he doesn't get banned 'cause every messageboard needs a good tool around to keep things interesting.

Gruno, you love this stuff and you know it. I don't have MIL blocked 'cause I enjoy watching him react in predictable ways time after time after time, and I hope he doesn't get banned 'cause every messageboard needs good tool around to keep things interesting.
    Yes, I enjoy seeing when a troll implodes on a message board.

Don't worry, there will always be another troll to take his place -- you can count on that!

Gruno, you love this stuff and you know it. I don't have MIL blocked 'cause I enjoy watching him react in predictable ways time after time after time, and I hope he doesn't get banned 'cause every messageboard needs a good tool around to keep things interesting.
    Once a coward, twice a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Yes, I enjoy seeing when a troll implodes on a message board.

Don't worry, there will always be another troll to take his place -- you can count on that!
    I notice that your biggest contribution to this board is that of being a sideline commentator on the behavior of others. Yet, you're ignoring the behavior of your crony, the Kompost-ed one, as well as your own. You're like an old wash woman. I see you do this time and time again. You're like that annoying little nit in the lunch room in junior high school who likes to instigate. If you think about it (I know it must be difficult for you), that makes you the troll.

Dude's telling me he going to stop giving me attention, yet he keeps replying to me. There is no better display of stupidity and childishness than that.

My feelings are hurt. Or, it's indigestion. Damn, I shouldn't have had chili, but I do like me a Steely Dan compilation, or two, yep.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

My feelings are hurt. Or, it's indigestion. Damn, I shouldn't have had chili, but I do like me a Steely Dan compilation, or two, yep.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.
    Oh, my sweet little Deacon Blue Alabammy mammy, resorting to that low level brain activity becomes you.

Oh, my sweet little Deacon Blue Alabammy mammy, resorting to that low level brain activity becomes you.
    So won't you smile for the camera -- I know I'll love you better

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I hereby invite musicislife to crawl back under the bridge from whence he came.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

So won't you smile for the camera -- I know I'll love you better
    Bull. You know you love me now. I can feel your eye burn through me.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I hereby invite musicislife to crawl back under the bridge from whence he came.
    Welcome to the gang bang. Don't tell me you love the Dan too.

I gotta give you props, MIL. I have never seen as many responses in a thread to someone who doesn't deserve any.

Must be your sentence structure.
    Last edited by progeezer; 03-14-2017 at 02:33 AM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Jefferson James
    Let's all act like adults here and get back on the topic of how two hippies who met in Bumfuck, NY invented jazz.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I gotta give you props, MIL. I have never seen as many responses in a thread to someone who doesn't deserve any.

Must be your sentence structure
    In my meaningless opinion the dude is a classic PD, maybe narcissistic, maybe borderline, definitely sociopath, and these types are heavy, heavy manipulators. Moths and moths ago MIL responded to one of my as per expected brilliant insights and I immediately saw thru his tactics. I spent a year figuring out what happened to me in my former relationship and I learned enough to identify some of her traits and ways in others, and if I didn't know better (I don't) MIL could be ex.

The reason so many respond to MIL is because he attempts to re-direct the conversation in a variety of ways that, at the end of the day, are provocative. I learned my lesson: it's futile "arguing" with a PD because no matter what, they are always right. Being right matters a lot to these people, it's important to them.

Not saying MIL is one of them but I am saying his style reminds me of my ex. Maybe he wants her phone number?

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I listened to Pretzel Logic last night, and it didn't do much for me. It is surprising, considering how much I like the surrounding albums. It felt a bit forced to me, and many of the lyrics uninspired.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

In my meaningless opinion the dude is a classic PD, maybe narcissistic, maybe borderline, definitely sociopath, and these types are heavy, heavy manipulators. Moths and moths ago MIL responded to one of my as per expected brilliant insights and I immediately saw thru his tactics. I spent a year figuring out what happened to me in my former relationship and I learned enough to identify some of her traits and ways in others, and if I didn't know better (I don't) MIL could be ex.

The reason so many respond to MIL is because he attempts to re-direct the conversation in a variety of ways that, at the end of the day, are provocative. I learned my lesson: it's futile "arguing" with a PD because no matter what, they are always right. Being right matters a lot to these people, it's important to them.

Not saying MIL is one of them but I am saying his style reminds me of my ex. Maybe he wants her phone number?
    Did you get your MD since you last polluted this thread?

Let's all act like adults here and get back on the topic of how two hippies who met in Bumfuck, NY invented jazz.
    If you're gonna quote me, einstein, at least get it right.