Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017

I never heard of Jay Bruce until the Indians picked him up at the trade deadline, but what a pick-up this guy has been.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He's been around a while, had a good career with the Reds, 250 hitter with 30 HR & 95 RBI.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

On a night when Miguel Sano crunches two home runs, Byron Buxton upstages him with this. 13.85 seconds! I couldn't get to first base in that time.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I never heard of Jay Bruce until the Indians picked him up at the trade deadline, but what a pick-up this guy has been.
    Hated to see him go.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

What is sometimes overlooked, is that he has a helluva arm too. Be wary of trying for the extra base when he is fielding.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Joey Votto is a guy falling far under the radar this year, due to being on a club with atrocious pitching. He is an MVP candidate on a contending team.
    Batting .315 with 32 HRs, 86 RBIs, 100 walks, a MLB best OPS of 1.045, and second in fielding of NL 1rst basemen. Great season, considering he
    knows the season is a lost cause!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Tag sale in Flushing!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Red Sox with another come from behind win against the Yankees
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Red Sox with another come from behind win against the Yankees
    Give some credit to shitty relief pitching.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Tag sale in Flushing!
    Happy Grandy may get a ring.

)) Robles still a Met. WTF? ((
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

If Grandy ever plays for the Giants, he will be the first player ever to play for the 4 major teams (not including 19th century early teams) to be NYC (area) teams.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Not sure a fashion statement will have the desired effect. The players have had a gripes with the owners & they settled it by going on strike.

That said, the umps better make sure that they are performing at the "high standards" of which they speak. Otherwise baseball would be better served by looking elsewhere for "on-the-field rule enforcers."

You see, it ALWAYS takes two to tango.

They need to focus on being less about showing up players and getting calls right.
    Ian

A junior league player (ages 12-15) for Pennsylvania, in their World Series championship game, the center fielder, just made perhaps the greatest catch I have ever seen at any level of the game in my almost 70 years of watching baseball. I've watched the replay a bunch and shake my head every time! The only highlight of their beatdown by Chinese Taipei.

This will most assuredly make ESPN's major league web gems tonight as #1, and will light up you tube as well.
    Last edited by progeezer; 08-20-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

What the hell happened to the Diamondbacks? They're not putting up much of a fight against my Twins this weekend. I thought this series would be a battle, not a blowout sweep.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What the hell happened to the Diamondbacks? They're not putting up much of a fight against my Twins this weekend. I thought this series would be a battle, not a blowout sweep.
    That's the beauty of baseball. It's unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Fuck 'em. Let 'em wear their wristbands. Can't wait until they're all replaced by robots - especially Hernandez.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    A junior league player (ages 12-15) for Pennsylvania, in their World Series championship game, the center fielder, just made perhaps the greatest catch I have ever seen at any level of the game in my almost 70 years of watching baseball. I've watched the replay a bunch and shake my head every time! The only highlight of their beatdown by Chinese Taipei.

This will most assuredly make ESPN's major league web gems tonight as #1, and will light up you tube as well.
    Nice catch but there's been bettered this season. I can't wait fir the LLWS to finish and get off TV.
    Ian

I have a very strong feeling that they've given up in Flushing. A while back I thought they were going to make a serious run against the league leaders. Now I think the only team they're threatening is Philadelphia.
    Look out below...........

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    They saved their energy for the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I have a very strong feeling that they've given up in Flushing. A while back I thought they were going to make a serious run against the league leaders. Now I think the only team they're threatening is Philadelphia.
    Look out below...........
    When you're based in a place called Flushing, it tells you everything you need to know.

When you're based in a place called Flushing, it tells you everything you need to know.
    Between 1962-1968 the Mets were widely known locally as the Flushing Toilets.

Pretty wild one in Detroit today. Terrible calling of balls and strikes, hit batters, fights, multiple ejections and an umpiring crew who completely lost control of the game. They can take their white wrist bands and stick them up their asses.

The only consistent offense the Metropolitans have, Michael Conforto, most likely is out for the season. Reason: dislocated shoulder swinging the bat.

Possibly related, there's word that in Terry Collins' office the furniture is bolted to the floor and nothing breakable is allowed. This includes every remaining player.

But we all must look for the proverbial silver lining and I've found it. Their translator. Hummana-hummana!

(Sorry. I can't seem to post a photo/video. Trust me. Melissa Rodriguez Strozza.)