I found the other day a 2CD compilation (Esoteric Records) of Keith Christmas. Brighter Day (1974) and Stories From The Human Zoo (1976) both released on the Manticore label back then. I had never heard of him, but as I am big Folk fan I checked out his earlier career and found also Pigmy (1971) which is so far my favorite record by Keith Christmas.
He comes from the British 60's folk scene, recorded his first solo record in 1969 and got a career boost when David Bowie asked him to play acoustic 6 string on Space Oddity. He recorded then two records for B&C records . Fable Of The Wings (1970) and Pigmy (1971) The first side of Pigmy is classic acoustic folk with orchestra arrangements featuring Keith particular high voice. The second side is more interesting IMO and goes slightly into Prog fields with two longer tracks. Song For A survivor a long jam and 'Forrest and The Shore' a great atmospheric track featuring organ and choir.
He met then Pete Sinfield and Greg Lake who signed him to Manticore where he released the two before mentioned records, which are less interesting compared to Pigmy. Good traditional songwriting produced by Sinfield and or Lake supported by some musicians from the prog field Mel Collins, Ian Mc Donald, Ray Warleigh, Ian Wallace among others. His voice reminds me Keith Reid.