Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evohé

When their website first went up, the band wrote they decided against a CD release and chose instead to give away their music free: http://evohe.eu/2017/02/13/le-retour/ They've since pulled the full length tracks and now there are only excerpts on the site: http://evohe.eu/les-morceaux/ I wonder what made them change their mind? Especially because there was only enough money to do a fairly bare bones release, as I understand from this thread. Anyway, I couldn't help ordering a physical copy, even though I've still got the downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Just received this in the post this morning. Haven't heard a note yet, but basically the LP has a track called "Sharga" (16mn) on one side, and the short version of "K'A" (18mn) on the other. The CD has the long version (43mn) of "K'A". Don't really get why they didn't include "Sharga" as well, but then I don't get the whole vinyl revival at all anyway (apart from the cool large sleeves).
    So compared to the earlier downloads, four pieces are missing: Sharga (2017 version), Seth and Aïra (two versions). They could've filled out the CD a bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I was willing to pay for the extra mp3 download but the site doesn’t say what’s in it, and it wasn’t working yet last time I checked.
    Yeah, I tried to buy the download just now and it's "not available for download yet". The download for the Zig Zag album they released in 2014 is also not available yet. So I guess that either they never will be available, or the label is going to wait until the physical format is sold out before they are made available.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Yeah, I tried to buy the download just now and it's "not available for download yet". The download for the Zig Zag album they released in 2014 is also not available yet. So I guess that either they never will be available, or the label is going to wait until the physical format is sold out before they are made available.

In the french-speaking forum thread I gave in my previous post, they're considering better than MP3 files.

EDIT:
    Ordered both Zig Zag and Evohé.
    Last edited by Trane; 01-14-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Vapeur Mayuve just set up its own Bandcamp (

https://vapeurmauveproductions.bandc...9g_tkeWnhYRxag

..... and for those asking about the downloads, they're thinking of setting up better than MP3 quality.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ok stuff for me to check out.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

..... and for those asking about the downloads, they're thinking of setting up better than MP3 quality.
    Excellent. I'm a bit confused by your post though: Bandcamp always offers flac downloads. Surely that doesn't mean I get transcoded mp3s if I buy a Vapeur Mauve release?

As far as Evohé is concerned the Bandcamp page lets you buy one track off the album for €0.99. You can't buy the actual album there as a download or physically. Pretty pointless I'd say.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    Excellent. I'm a bit confused by your post though: Bandcamp always offers flac downloads. Surely that doesn't mean I get transcoded mp3s if I buy a Vapeur Mauve release?
    I'm still quite ignorant about the real goals of Bandcamp... I use it to discover whatever's on offer, and buy the physical album (generally the CD, but in this case, I can't avoid buying the vinyls) whenever possible

As I said, VM wants better than MP3, and AFAIK, FLAC is better , right??

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    As far as Evohé is concerned the Bandcamp page lets you buy one track off the album for €0.99. You can't buy the actual album there as a download or physically. Pretty pointless I'd say.
    give them a chance to build up, will you??

They set their Bandcamp page up on Jan 21,that's three days ago.

I'm not saying that they'll allow you to listen to the whole album for free, but in the case of the albums reissued that are OOP (Absalom, Nirvana and Jimmer Glynn, the whole thing seems to be on offer)

I am waiting patiently
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hopefully, the two albums (Zig Zag as well) will be waiting for me in Brussels when I get back there Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I am waiting patiently
    the Bandcamp track is the same as the YT track, but double the length.

I'm not saying that they'll allow you to listen to the whole album for free, but in the case of the albums reissued that are OOP (Absalom, Nirvana and Jimmer Glynn, the whole thing seems to be on offer)
    I'm not worried about being able to listen to it all for free, but I would like to be able to buy a download. And I don't think it's a matter of them having chance to build up, I think it is policy. They have full downloads available for purchase on Bandcamp of the the two albums they have issued that are out of print physically, and not on the four that are in print, just like their web site; I doubt this is coincidental. Well, it's up to them of course. I wouldn't much care if they were putting the full album on the CD release, but they're not, just an alternative version.

Bandcamp Profile

That's not how BandCamp works, even in setup.

It is unlikely that they didn't have time to put the entire album up for sale. They chose to only upload one song. That's why there is only one song listed.

Will they go back and upload more? Maybe, BUT it means they have to go back and DO it as opposed to doing it and not having it stream (for example, like what Cuneiform does where you can see, say 10 tracks are on the album, but you can only listen to 5 of them unless you buy it)
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

thx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    I bought the LP on Music Research Library (USA). It's a single sleeve, with no CD.
    It's a bootleg.

[EDIT] Or not.
    Last edited by unclemeat; 01-29-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    It's a bootleg.
    No, it is NOT a bootleg
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Listening to and enjoying this a whole lot! This is just amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    No, it is NOT a bootleg

fyi
    cf the comments on the Magma Zeuhl group on fb, jan 26

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...-s54tRTUpM00Ao

Chris Tang : "I confirm that Jean Christophe Alluin said . The US version is a bootleg . The musicians of the band EVOHE had not be informed about this release . The French record ( on my label ) is official . I did it with the permission and the help of the members of the band . The sleeve is released by one of them . and the titles been remastered ."
    Last edited by unclemeat; 01-29-2019 at 01:23 PM.

fyi

Chris Tang : "I confirm that Jean Christophe Alluin said . The US version is a bootleg . The musicians of the band EVOHE had not be informed about this release . The French record ( on my label ) is official . I did it with the permission and the help of the members of the band . The sleeve is released by one of them . and the titles been remastered."
    Wow. Very surprised to read this and thank you for updating me. The guy that released it has a hip little record shop in Providence, RI. Very shocked to read the accusations. jeez.
    Last edited by Steve F.; 01-29-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Is this going to be available as a CD or download?
    Ian

fyi

Chris Tang : "I confirm that Jean Christophe Alluin said . The US version is a bootleg . The musicians of the band EVOHE had not be informed about this release . The French record ( on my label ) is official . I did it with the permission and the help of the members of the band . The sleeve is released by one of them . and the titles been remastered ."

Although it is not technically a bootleg (nor a counterfeit), it is a pirate.
    The US label claims to have rights and has already sent me some correspondence with the band. I am waiting for direct confirmation from the band.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    The US label claims to have rights and has already sent me some correspondence with the band. I am waiting for direct confirmation from the band.
    So, Ken & I reached out to the label and asked them to provide some sort of statement, and Ken & I received the following message:

-------------------------------------

Hi Steven,
    I’m the keyboard of Evohe. Just to confirm that we gave both Vapeur Mauve and Music Research Library permission to print our Music. None of their LPs and CDs are fake. You can enjoy from any of them ��

Be Happy, Life is Beautiful.

Stephane Consalvi

-------------------------------------

so it would appear that someone is talking shit about someone else unfairly....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    it would appear that someone is talking shit about someone else unfairly....
    To sum up : someone claimed it was a "bootleg" ; this was confirmed by the French label. And today is denied by the musicians and the US label.
    Last edited by unclemeat; 01-30-2019 at 05:19 AM.

I concur that the reissue is legit (I checked with Vapeur Mauve, and they're quite aware), but it has "no mix"

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha
    Non ce n'est pas une version pirate mais bien une officielle alternative;
    Aucun mix n'a été fait et le pressage moins complet, du coup la version Vapeur Mauve vaut vraiment plus le coup (et elle contient un cd d'enregistrements différents )

Slightly different chiming from the actual label meister

(sorry, still in French)

Quote Originally Posted by Chien de feu
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha
    Non ce n'est pas une version pirate mais bien une officielle alternative;
    Aucun mix n'a été fait et le pressage moins complet, du coup la version Vapeur Mauve vaut vraiment plus le coup (et elle contient un cd d'enregistrements différents )
    Enfin pas si officielle que celà .

En fait le gars Américain qui a sorti l'album est avant tout un disquaire fan de Prog et Zeulh . Il avait contacté l'un des musiciens pour savoir s'il pouvait utiliser les morceaux mis sur le Souncloud du groupe et les partager sur des blogs et Forums US . Celui ci a donné son accord , mais il n'avait jamais été question au départ de sortir un album .
    Pour sortir celui ci le disquaire en question a créé un label Music research Library .

Jamais il n'a informé les musiciens de cette sortie ni ne les a consulté pour la pochette ou le son . j'ai eu l'info par le forum Progressive Ears ou je suis inscrit et j'en ai averti les musiciens .
    Les musiciens qui n'ont pas été rétribué pour cette sortie .Pochette un peu baclée avec en plus des commentaires sur celle ci qui ne plaisent pas au groupe.

"Evohé's complex compositions conjure bleak, moody athmospheres ; dark progresive motifs and dissonant, morbid imagery, suitable for horror, tension and dramatic action. "Evohé has decided to wake people once and for all..."

de plus comme le dit Bruno le son qu'ils ont repiqué sur le soundcloud n'a pas été mixé et édité tel que .

En bref une version cheap
    in other words, the store owner had the OK from one of the musicians to use the tracks for a soundcloud for sharing and discovery on different sites in the US, not for an official disc release.

Chien De Feu posted here as FireDog2 in November last year

Looks like the French dramatic style pioneered by Ange is still alive!!!