Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohé

When their website first went up, the band wrote they decided against a CD release and chose instead to give away their music free: http://evohe.eu/2017/02/13/le-retour/ They've since pulled the full length tracks and now there are only excerpts on the site: http://evohe.eu/les-morceaux/ I wonder what made them change their mind? Especially because there was only enough money to do a fairly bare bones release, as I understand from this thread. Anyway, I couldn't help ordering a physical copy, even though I've still got the downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Just received this in the post this morning. Haven't heard a note yet, but basically the LP has a track called "Sharga" (16mn) on one side, and the short version of "K'A" (18mn) on the other. The CD has the long version (43mn) of "K'A". Don't really get why they didn't include "Sharga" as well, but then I don't get the whole vinyl revival at all anyway (apart from the cool large sleeves).
    So compared to the earlier downloads, four pieces are missing: Sharga (2017 version), Seth and Aïra (two versions). They could've filled out the CD a bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I was willing to pay for the extra mp3 download but the site doesn’t say what’s in it, and it wasn’t working yet last time I checked.
    Yeah, I tried to buy the download just now and it's "not available for download yet". The download for the Zig Zag album they released in 2014 is also not available yet. So I guess that either they never will be available, or the label is going to wait until the physical format is sold out before they are made available.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Yeah, I tried to buy the download just now and it's "not available for download yet". The download for the Zig Zag album they released in 2014 is also not available yet. So I guess that either they never will be available, or the label is going to wait until the physical format is sold out before they are made available.

In the french-speaking forum thread I gave in my previous post, they're considering better than MP3 files.

EDIT:
    Ordered both Zig Zag and Evohé.
    Last edited by Trane; 4 Days Ago at 10:45 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones