Thread: Keith Emerson / Greg Lake tribute event in the UK - July 28th 2017

Keith Emerson / Greg Lake tribute event in the UK - July 28th 2017

Hi folks,

There will be a tribute concert in the memory of Keith Emerson and Greg Lake held in Birmingham's Symphony Hall, 28th July 2017

There will be some big names appearing (as well as my ELP tribute, Noddy's Puncture)... amongst them Rick Wakeman and Rachel Flowers also is coming over and whole host of others. Jim Davidson is organising it and it would be great to get it packed out..!

Please spread the word... all proceeds are going to charity.

To book please visit: http://bit.ly/2hjjvVz
    Or call: 01217 803 333

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi, my wife and I will be there, tickets already booked. I've not had the chance to see your band live, (other than on You Tube) so that will be a first for us. I'm sure it will be a fun evening. Looking forward to seeing Rachel as well of course.

Hi Tom. I've had the poster/flyer for the show that I downloaded from the Internet hanging on my office bulletin board for a while now. Wish I could be there. Saw some of your band's clips on YouTube. Wow! Looks like a good time.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Any idea if this will be recorded for future release in some form?

Hi folks,

Please don't forget this gig... it's in memory of Greg Lake as well...!

https://www.thsh.co.uk/event/keith-e...ration-of-life

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    Any idea if this will be recorded for future release in some form?
    The last I have heard is this event will not be recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    The last I have heard is this event will not be recorded.
    The venue and orchestra have conditions and restrictions.
    All proceeds are going to charity - so there's no money to pay what would be some pretty hefty fees..!
    You'll just have to buy a ticket and come along on the day...

Quote Originally Posted by noddyspuncture View Post
    The venue and orchestra have conditions and restrictions.
    All proceeds are going to charity - so there's no money to pay what would be some pretty hefty fees..!
    You'll just have to buy a ticket and come along on the day...
    I'm guessing that this is why we won't ever see a DVD release of the Keith Emerson Tribute concert from last year. The venue will probably try to claim more proceeds than will make it worhtwhile to release it. At least we have YouTube. Maybe we'll see/hear some phone footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I'm guessing that this is why we won't ever see a DVD release of the Keith Emerson Tribute concert from last year.
    The DVD from the The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert in May of last year is in production. I have heard they have gotten clearance from all the record labels and artists. Mari said on September 15th "The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD is well on its way to completion. Quite a wonderful array of artists."

(apologies for the cross-posting)

This "hommage" to Keith by Thierry Eliez & friends is wonderful - I really love how he allows the jazz spirit which had been such an integral part of the Nice, but which became somewhat constrained in ELP, to course through the music:

I wonder how Keith would have felt about this? - my feeling is that he was more interested in orchestral adaptations of his work. But, to my ears, this is the best adaptation of his work that I've heard. The improvisation before the Fugue section of The Endless Enigma is a particular highlight.

This is a really great clip from Thierry Eliez with a band.