Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81

Thread: Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM show live from Cruise to the Edge all week (MP3s inside)

  1. #51
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    .... and he's a big KISS fan. well, you can't have everything
    From all my years of being a KISS fan it seems that half of KISS fans can't stand Trunk, half of the rest think he is ok, and the remaining fans like him. As a KISS fan I can't stand Trunk. As a music fan I can't stand Trunk.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,444
    i guess for both Kiss & Trunk the same is true... you love to hate them... or hate to love them...

  3. #53
    I've heard a number of Rush interviews Trunk has conducted, and he seemed to be pretty up to date on them. Seems like he was pretty good with classic rock and prog. I dont know how much extreme metal he may have digested over the years. That stuff can be a bit more obscure than classic rocks and classic prog.
    I got nothin'

    ...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

  4. #54
    I really enjoyed the "H" interview and the Carl Palmer interview, it's interesting that both Phil and Allen are having such a hard time and Carl is still blasting away. I think Carl's health regiments are a little extreme for me, but they sure have maintained Carl. Different strokes, or perhaps some people are just luckier as far as overall health goes. I don't think Phil did himself any favors working and playing so hard back in the seventies and early eighties, but I do know that i always enjoyed watching him, and still do.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i guess for both Kiss & Trunk the same is true... you love to hate them... or hate to love them...
    I'm a little closer to the indifference scale myself. I'll usually pay attention if there is someone I'm interested in being interviewed (which in my case isn't often.) The only way I'd even find out about it is if someone posts it here or somewhere else.

    And then I'm usually in for the Mystery Science Theater value so I guess that means it was entertaining in an odd sort of way.

  6. #56
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,218
    Hey devoidzer0, how have you been recording these?

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey devoidzer0, how have you been recording these?
    I use a program called Total Recorder to record the audio from SiriusXM's web player in Chrome. It basically records system audio (what you hear). You can also set timers and schedule automatic recordings.

    The best program I've found for this purpose is Audio Hijack Pro, but it's Mac only, and I no longer own one. Still, Total Recorder is fine and gets the job done.

  8. #58
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    I use a program called Total Recorder to record the audio from SiriusXM's web player in Chrome. It basically records system audio (what you hear). You can also set timers and schedule automatic recordings.

    The best program I've found for this purpose is Audio Hijack Pro, but it's Mac only, and I no longer own one. Still, Total Recorder is fine and gets the job done.
    Cool. thanks, I may have a use for this.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    From all my years of being a KISS fan it seems that half of KISS fans can't stand Trunk, half of the rest think he is ok, and the remaining fans like him. As a KISS fan I can't stand Trunk. As a music fan I can't stand Trunk.
    True Kiss fans get it.

  10. #60

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,047
    Cool, thanks for posting, I always enjoy listening to these.

  12. #62
    Thanks so much for posting , I really enjoyed the first day, especially Steve Howe who seems so engaging these days, he is very open to discussing almost anything and does not seem to hold grudges, although a good dig here and there are very obvious as I'm sure there have been many, many trying times with the history and members of the band. I found the Michael Sadler, and the Larry Morand interviews also very interesting. I'v been a Saga fan since the beginning of their popularity in North America, way back in the days that you really needed to have all your antennas up to discover new music. You really have to hand it to the DJ's back in the day, and especially the radio stations (WMMR, WYSP, for me) and Program Directors who were able to introduce all the bands and new music without limitations. That is something we will never see again, sadly. I was also impressed with Larry. I didn't expect the promoter to be so into the music and the bands, he must have a great job. I think Trunk does a great job at what he does, I have Sirius and make an attempt to listen to the Volumn channel when I can but I find most of the shows are a bit out of my range. I do give credit where credit is due for bringing the cruise closer to me, as much as I would love to be there, I don't see that happening for a variety of reasons.

    P.S. Thanks for cutting out all those commercials, more commercials on Satellite radio which I pay extra for than used to be on free radio, but I digress.

  13. #63

  14. #64

  15. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,047
    Trunk almost seemed giddy to be interviewing Steve Howe.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Trunk almost seemed giddy to be interviewing Steve Howe.
    He must've been significantly less giddy to interview Steve Hackett, as he let two progheads ask most of the questions (though that is probably to the listener's benefit, especially those on this board).

    Here is today's final broadcast from CTTE, and a packed one it was! Who knew the former editor of RIP magazine (Lonn Friend) would be such a prog nerd?

    Day 4 - Alan White (Yes), Mike Portnoy (Sons of Apollo, Neal Morse Band), Billy Sherwood (Yes, Circa, Conspiracy), and Steve Hackett (Genesis), with questions from Roie Avin (The Prog Report), Lonn Friend (rock writer), and live audience

  17. #67
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,218
    Was it just me, or did the first show cut out during the Howe interview?

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was it just me, or did the first show cut out during the Howe interview?
    I listened to it all the way through, the whole interview is there in the MP3 file. You might have issues streaming from the Dropbox link. Instead, you might want to try downloading the MP3 to your PC first by clicking Download from the top menu and then selecting "direct download."

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    He must've been significantly less giddy to interview Steve Hackett, as he let two progheads ask most of the questions (though that is probably to the listener's benefit, especially those on this board).

    Here is today's final broadcast from CTTE, and a packed one it was! Who knew the former editor of RIP magazine (Lonn Friend) would be such a prog nerd?

    Day 4 - Alan White (Yes), Mike Portnoy (Sons of Apollo, Neal Morse Band), Billy Sherwood (Yes, Circa, Conspiracy), and Steve Hackett (Genesis), with questions from Roie Avin (The Prog Report), Lonn Friend (rock writer), and live audience
    I am only half way through broadcast #2 so have not made it that far yet.

  20. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was it just me, or did the first show cut out during the Howe interview?
    I made it through the whole thing, but mine cut out half way through the Jordan Rudess interview so I had to close it out and reload it.

  21. #71
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,218
    Thanks, probably either downloading or refreshing will help.

  22. #72
    Member mnprogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    546
    thanks for sharing those devoidzer0

  23. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    142
    Eddie's record label is amazing, loads of odd and obscure stuff. About 15 years I got two CDs from Trunk of John Baker's compositions for the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

  24. #74
    ^ Thatís Jonny Trunk.

  25. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,047
    I have now listened to all 4 days (mostly on my computer at work) and have once again really enjoyed these. Love him or hate him, Eddie is a great interviewer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •