Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM show live from Cruise to the Edge all week (MP3s inside)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^Cool, thank you!

I just asked on the FB group when Saga's last show is - they should really be livestreaming it!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^Cool, thank you!

I just asked on the FB group when Saga's last show is - they should really be livestreaming it!
    Most welcome. Unfortunately, the Ian Crichton interview didn't happen today. It turns out the ship was anchored off the coast of Belize, which is in a different time zone than the first part of the cruise. This caused some havoc with the guest scheduling. But Eddie said he will try to get Ian on another day this week.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    Most welcome. Unfortunately, the Ian Crichton interview didn't happen today. It turns out the ship was anchored off the coast of Belize, which is in a different time zone than the first part of the cruise. This caused some havoc with the guest scheduling. But Eddie said he will try to get Ian on another day this week.
    ^ This is somehow really funny. You'd think for a cruise everyone would stick to one time zone for the duration. I wonder if it's causing havoc with the performances, peoples' excursions, etc?

Thanks for posting.

^ This is somehow really funny. You'd think for a cruise everyone would stick to one time zone for the duration. I wonder if it's causing havoc with the performances, peoples' excursions, etc?
    Not sure. There may be an "official" time zone recognized by the cruise, however individuals' clocks/watches/"smart" devices might not be in sync with it.

We did a non-music cruise that went to Panama and Costa Rica, and I remember that they did change the time when it crossed into the central time zone. They did announce it and it was pretty well publicized on the boat. I think part of the reason was the ship stopped at ports in these countries, and since most people did shore excursions, it made sense to switch to the local time for people going on shore.

Times changed with the different zones on past CTTEs. That's how it works on the water, apparently.

Really enjoyed the segment with Martin Barre. That guy has a great sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Really enjoyed the segment with Martin Barre. That guy has a great sense of humor.
    Same here. Also thoroughly enjoyed Carl Palmer's appearance. He's become an Elder Statesman of Prog and is a great speaker and storyteller (although he may have gone into a bit too much detail about his health issues). It must've been a thrill for Portnoy and Thal to be able to sit down next to their childhood heroes and ask them questions.

Same here. Also thoroughly enjoyed Carl Palmer's appearance. He's become an Elder Statesman of Prog and is a great speaker and storyteller (although he may have gone into a bit too much detail about his health issues). It must've been a thrill for Portnoy and Thal to be able to sit down next to their childhood heroes and ask them questions.
    Just had a chance to listen to the Carl Palmer section. Agree very good interview.

I should point out that SiriusXM is having a free streaming promotion until the end of the day tomorrow (Wednesday 2/7). No account is required, you simply go to their site, click "Listen Online" and the web player will open. Eddie Trunk's show is on the Volume channel which is under Talk & Entertainment > Entertainment. It's a talk channel where the subject is music (they don't actually play any). I find it very refreshing and interesting, and it's become my favorite channel in the year or so it has existed.

http://www.siriusxm.com/

Packed show on the last broadcast from CTTE! Never thought I'd ever hear Trunk talking to Steve Hogarth, but it actually happened. Good stuff. Enjoy...

Day 3 - Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Billy Sherwood (Yes), Derek Sherinian (Sons of Apollo, Black Country Communion), Dave Cureton and Adam Gough (IO Earth), Ben Woods and Luis Villegas (Heavy Mellow)

Packed show on the last broadcast from CTTE! Never thought I'd ever hear Trunk talking to Steve Hogarth, but it actually happened. Good stuff. Enjoy...

Day 3 - Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Billy Sherwood (Yes), Derek Sherinian (Sons of Apollo, Black Country Communion), Dave Cureton and Adam Gough (IO Earth), Ben Woods and Luis Villegas (Heavy Mellow)
    Another good one today. Hogarth and Sherwood were both cool, and Sherinian has played with so many people that I like over the years, his interview was quite insightful. Like you, I never thought I would see the day where Eddie Trunk interviewed a member of Marillion, but I thought it came off quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    He better know who Kings X is. He used to work for their label.

Trunk got off the Rush boat after Signals and started to like them again after he finally interviewed them.
    100 percent true. He knows next to nothing of Rush in the late 80s to 90s. I don’t consider him a big fan, he prefers Kiss, Judas Priest and UF0 to Rush.
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

The eons are closing
    Yup Trunk likes Turbo Lover more than Time Stand Still. lol
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Trunk is obviously a huge music fan, and it's not that surprising that he would take on this challenge to cover a new genre. He self admittedly is not a huge prog fan, but his interest in the genre seems like a natural progression of curiosity... just as many fans of rock got into hard rock, then jazz fusion or progressive rock.
    He comes across pretty genuine and his questions all seem relevant enough. I also thinks it's a positive thing for the genre to have Trunk expose some of this stuff to more mainstream hard rock audiences.

It would be ironic that if over time he actually got the prog bug and really started listening to this kind of music.

Thanks.
    Always enjoy hearing about the epiphanies Eddie has when venturing out of his comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullhead View Post
    Trunk is obviously a huge music fan, and it's not that surprising that he would take on this challenge to cover a new genre. He self admittedly is not a huge prog fan, but his interest in the genre seems like a natural progression of curiosity... just as many fans of rock got into hard rock, then jazz fusion or progressive rock.
    He comes across pretty genuine and his questions all seem relevant enough. I also thinks it's a positive thing for the genre to have Trunk expose some of this stuff to more mainstream hard rock audiences.

It would be ironic that if over time he actually got the prog bug and really started listening to this kind of music.

His focus is a bit too narrow probably for that to happen. He was on the cruise last year and it doesn't appear that he's expanded his horizons a heck of a lot. I'll give him credit for trying.

Listened to a number of the interviews, enjoyed the Hogarth and Sherwood discussions esp. Yes Trunk seems to have the same limited knowledge of the genre/artists, but really no matter. He asks good general questions and is respectful. Appreciate that he’s continuing to provide exposure to the music and overall it’s pretty entertaining radio.

.... and he's a big KISS fan. well, you can't have everything

Indeed.... Thanks for posting these!
    I was on the 2017 CTTE and it was so unique to be sitting only feet away from these Proggers as Eddie interviewed them.

Quote Originally Posted by BEE View Post
    Indeed.... Thanks for posting these!
    I was on the 2017 CTTE and it was so unique to be sitting only feet away from these Proggers as Eddie interviewed them.
    We caught his interview with Alan that year and it was definitely enjoyable. When I returned an old high school friend was all fired up to tell me he's a regular listener and liked knowing I was on-board that week.