Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kimara Sajn/+1 track - Love and Anger

New Kimara Sajn/+1 track - Love and Anger

Hi everyone,

This is from the EP we plan to release in May. We hope our PE peeps can get a burst of hopeful joy and encouragement from it. We're all in this together

Stay strong,

Kim and B.Sue
    Precognitive Records
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Completely awesome...love this song

Matt.

Luv it, just luv it!!. Thanks David for getting me a listen despite the "Your Country, My country", thing.
    Last edited by Staun; 02-07-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    The older I get, the better I was.

"It's been fun suffering with everyone".
    This song probably has my favorite vocal delivery of yours. And the harmonies are killin'!
    Great song, Kim!

Jefferson James
    I love this. Great song, Kim!

Thanks guys
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Jefferson James
    There's 46 hooks in there -- I counted. Really nice work, man. Commercially viable but still an intriguing arrangement. I love all the little keyboard hooks everywhere. The outro round of chords is an extra bonus.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

I'm glad folks are enjoying this!

It's the least sarcastic and most positive one on the album, so i thought i'd share it

There is a more sardonic one on the EP which was specifically completed for The Epileptic Gibbon's 10 anniversary podcast (a great UK show. If you don't know it, check it out). He asked if i'd make something special for him to celebrate. So i wrote and recorded this other one for that, it inspired me and spawned this new EP. It's a fun, if somewhat dark, affair. I hope people will like it. We'll find out, eh?

Ya ya. Thanks again for listening, everyone.

Kim

P.S: Kerry - 46 hooks

One gentle bump... and then blub blub blub...

Nice work Kim Mitchell I dig.

Kim Mitchell? Huh?

Thanks Frankie.
    Last edited by Polypet; 02-09-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Nice Kim! Reminds me of 70s George Duke/Todd
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Thanks Chris. That's certainly a compliment

Duke/Todd - now that would've been a great match up, eh? Happy if i evoked any of that spirit

K

This is just fantastic. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Kim Mitchell? Huh?

Thanks Frankie.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Mitchell

This is a very cool song! Definitely get a 70s Rundgren vibe from it, which is not a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I did look him up. Apart from us both being Canadians named Kim, though, i still didn't get the reference... maybe i'm being dense? It's been known to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    This is just fantastic. Bravo!
    Thanks, Kavus

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    This is a very cool song! Definitely get a 70s Rundgren vibe from it, which is not a bad thing at all.
    I wasn't going for that, of course - just doing my own thing - but i do love Todd. And, most certainly, a 70s Rundgren vibe is not a bad thing

Thanks to everyone here for listening. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Polypet; 02-10-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I wasn't going for that, of course - just doing my own thing - but i do love Todd. And, most certainly, a 70s Rundgren vibe is not a bad thing
    Oh, I didn't think you were intentionally going for a Rundgren sound. It's just cool that the style is reminiscent of some of what Todd was doing back then. This song is still its own thing.

Well, Todd is one of my favourite artists. I felt he was a kindred spirit back in the day when i first heard him with the Nazz. It never surprises me when people hear some of his energy in my stuff. We share lots of influences. That and his own music was deeply influential on myself and many others i know. So... yeah, it's good. I take it as a high compliment. Thank you

You know what they say: Kimliness is as good as Toddliness. Or something like that....

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    You know what they say: Kimliness is as good as Toddliness. Or something like that....

Good one.

Aw shucks, John

Not familiar with Rundgren, but this is a terrific song, very catchy! Hope we're still buds, and I didn't piss you off too bad with crap I've said. If so, apologies...