Thread: the Ed Palermo Big Band

the Ed Palermo Big Band

G'Evening Music Folks.....

Friday evening and I'm over at YouTube listening to some samples and just have crossed with 'the Great Un-American Songbook (vols 1&2)' by the Ed Palermo Big Band. Release date later this month on Cuneiform...... *Mister Feigenbaum* - comments?

Anyway... the song I'm listening to is 'the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys' by Traffic. VERY nice! Seems as if Palermo, with this release, is giving another nod to his musical 'inspirations'.... the British ones! Mentioned in the notes were bands Rolling Stones, Traffic, Jeff Beck, King Crimson and Jethro Tull. Interesting release coming it seems and I'm 'getting it' for sure.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Ed's great. Terrific musicality, and an excellent sense of humor. And even though he can't make a living doing the music he really loves - I have some vague recollection of hearing that he leads society bands as a musical day job - he's still able to have his own EPBB band, do gigs with it, and make records. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Anyway... the song I'm listening to is 'the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys' by Traffic.
    Which includes something very close to FZ's "Chunga's Revenge" as a countermelody during the initial vocal.

A fabulous musician & stellar human!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    G'Evening Music Folks.....

Friday evening and I'm over at YouTube listening to some samples and just have crossed with 'the Great Un-American Songbook (vols 1&2)' by the Ed Palermo Big Band. Release date later this month on Cuneiform...... *Mister Feigenbaum* - comments?

Anyway... the song I'm listening to is 'the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys' by Traffic. VERY nice! Seems as if Palermo, with this release, is giving another nod to his musical 'inspirations'.... the British ones! Mentioned in the notes were bands Rolling Stones, Traffic, Jeff Beck, King Crimson and Jethro Tull. Interesting release coming it seems and I'm 'getting it' for sure.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    Altoids all round folks, it's Friday....
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Caught him about a year or so ago doing mostly Zappa. Good fun, though the CD I picked up it a tad tepid, a bit polite.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes