Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Styx drummer sued for throwing drumstick into audience

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The judge ruled against her, but did find them guilty of Mr Roboto.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    [Feeling sorry for her, I let her have it. Big mistake.]

No, I think in that situation you did the right thing.
    Yeah, I know.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The judge ruled against her, but did find them guilty of Mr Roboto.
    I used to know someone who grew up listening to the classical music his parents played in the house. He said the first rock song he ever heard was Mr. Roboto. I wanted so desperately to play him Chuck Berry Is On Top, Dressed To Kill, Hot Rocks, Revolver, Black Rose, The Who By Numbers, Difficult To Cure, Demons And Wizards, and A Day At The Races. I mean, you gotta play the top shelf stuff for someone under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    That's what can happen if you don't pay attention.
    Whether she wins or loses, the bitch should be banned from rock shows.
    Sucherman is a very talented drummer and a really nice person............this lady is just looking for a quick payday.
    Agreed and they were out of line posting his home address in the article too. That's real low.

"..loss of enjoyment of life". Holy fuck.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I know. Imagine getting clocked upside the head with a Stratocaster.
    You can't expect that every single concert attendee is watching and paying attention to everything that's happening on stage at any given moment, with all the cheering, moshing, whatever. It's gotta hurt (a Strat upside the head).
    I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but watch the Rainbow Rockpalast video. At the end of the encore, Blackmore pile drives the neck of his Strat into the stage, basically shredding the neck, he then starts swinging the guitar body around by the guitar cord, and I'm pretty sure he actually manages to wack someone in the front row with it!

When you're doing stuff like that, it becomes real easy for things to get out of hand. Anyone remember back in the late 80's, when Sebastian Bach got sued for throwing, I believe, a bottle (which hit a woman in the head) into the crowd at a Skid Row concert?

I don't think the problem is attention, I think it's 1. sometimes it's hard to get out of the way when something comes flying at you, and 2. in the case of things like drumsticks/guitar picks/whatever, some people are more interested in getting the souvenir to take home, rather than anyone's safety (including their own). When I saw Loudness about 10 or so years ago, I was right in the front of the crowd, , and some butt burglary more or less climbed over me and about three other people to get a couple of Akira Takasaki's guitar picks off the mic stand.

^ I'm being serious, no sarcasm. Forget people who are looking at there phones and don't see a piece of wood heading right toward them. It's easy to get distracted by almost anything when you're in a crowd of thousands.

I mean, whenever you see a highlight of drunk asses trying to catch a ball hit into the stands and people are fighting over it and bodies are flying, and kids are getting hurt, I'm surprised there aren't more riots in the stands.

If she wins the suit, she'll be exceedingly rich for such a young wo-man.

Jefferson James

Re: Paul Stanley Pre-Smashed Guitars

Off topic but urgent: you can save yourself $1,200 by buying a previously-smashed guitar courtesy of Paul Stanley. The pre-smashes are a steal at $4,300; I just ordered Highland, California – July 23, 2015.

I remember a kid getting killed stage diving from a balcony. The fans below wanted no part of catching his 200 pound frame and they just parted like the Red Sea and he smashed up on the floor ending his life. I think it was in Dallas if I remember right.

Check this video out at the 3:33 mark onward…

I was at this 2014 invite-only acoustic show where Gene Simmons throws his bass into the crowd. The bass lands right by the person who is recording this:

Watch the damn concert instead of texting on your phone and you'd see the drum stick. I don't know why some people even bother to go to concerts anymore.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Back in '86 on the Asylum tour, I got hold of the neck of the guitar he threw into the crowd. One of the strings wrapped around my finger and was slicing through... blood squirting out. I grabbed the other guy who was holding the lower portion and I told him, "guitar is yours; I want my finger." I still have that scar.
    Since you still have that scar, your finger can probably be viewed as a Kiss product. You may be sued for using it without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    "..loss of enjoyment of life". Holy fuck.

neil
    Listening Styx causes that often.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Listening Styx causes that often.
    Not for me. I love Styx. Their albums from 1975-1978 (Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces of Eight) were incredibly imaginative, big, and powerful. Tommy Shaw still looks, sings, plays, and performs like he did 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Not for me. I love Styx. Their albums from 1975-1978 (Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces of Eight) were incredibly imaginative, big, and powerful. Tommy Shaw still looks, sings, plays, and performs like he did 30 years ago.
    These are my favorites as well. The earlier (Wooden Nickel) albums have some great tunes scattered throughout. From Cornerstone on, it was a case of diminishing returns.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post

Apparently this incident happened two years ago. Is that right? And she is just suing now?

Ohhhhh... This is the drumstick:

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Apparently this incident happened two years ago. Is that right? And she is just suing now?
    I thought an article stated that she sued around when it happened but the lawsuit just became public now.
    Last edited by yamishogun; 02-04-2017 at 01:44 PM.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Feeling sorry for her, I let her have it.
    What?
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    What?
    The drumstick that Neil threw. Ron felt sorry for the girl because she got whacked in the face by it, so he let her have it instead of grabbing it for himself.

Todd Sucherman is a monster. Saw a free Styx concert after a Mets game last summer and defo enjoyed it.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973