Thread: Phil Lesh and Firends - There and Back Again

Phil Lesh and Firends - There and Back Again

Picked this album up a while ago, and it's been in regular rotation in the office (the only place I get to listen to music these days!). Must admit I'm really enjoying it, and have been impressed by the quality (and concision) of the songwriting and the excellent performances. Sure there's a couple of clunkers on here (generally those rather too country-influenced for my tastes), but overall, this is an excellent album, and in the truly gorgeous 'Again and Again,' a stone-cold classic. I've always far preferred Lesh and Friends to the Dead, mainly on the grounds that PL & F seem to be FAR more together and less shambolic than the Dead ever where, and any band featuring the mighty Warren Haynes and Jimmy Herring can't be bad. I've long felt that this was Lesh's best line-up, and it's a shame they never made any other studio albums. Any other fans?

No?? Oh well...

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I actually bought this one from the cut -out bin a few years back. I think it's a pretty solid album. The song Rock -n- Roll Blues by Warren Haynes sounds like classic Grateful Dead to me. Any fan of the Grateful Dead (even casual fans) would like this album, IMO of course.

Saw these guys open for Dylan with Warren in the band. Endless noodling. Very dull. And I love jams.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I have the SACD of this , I love it. Great playing throughout. Besides the above mentioned Again and Again which is indeed a fantastic song , another one that I love is The Real Thing , this is the original full band version of a song that Warren Haynes plays solo acoustic quite often , including on the Live at Bonnaroo album , gives me chills every time I hear it.