Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to synphonic(Greg Walkers website)?

What happened to synphonic(Greg Walkers website)?

Has anyone else noticed that the synphonic site is down? Did Greg go out of business? Weird. I'm wondering what happened to the site. Maybe it's just down for maintenance. Does anyone know for sure?

It went to the Off-Topic section.

Oops. I didn't see that one somehow. Oh well. Mods can feel free to close this one then.

He's moving to a new URL

Sent Greg an email 3 days ago and have not heard back.

Anyone have contact or recent order?
    Last edited by Camelogue; 05-22-2020 at 09:09 AM.

I ordered from Greg a month or so ago. It took him a while to respond because I think he said found my email in his spam folder.

Greggy was supposed to get a new update out but has yet to. I think he's taking it easy these days.

Recently, within a 2 or 3 month period, I was buying CDs from Greg every 2 weeks. Around 3 weeks ago, I sent an email to ask about a couple discs in his online catalog in advance of placing another order, but never heard back from him. Hope he's OK.

I too have sent him emails recently seeking to order, with no reply. Color me concerned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    I too have sent him emails recently seeking to order, with no reply. Color me concerned.
    I just talked to Greg and he indicated that he sent your order 3 days ago. He has had a few issues with E-mail communication and he will send you another message from a second number just in case.

He also suggested for all customers above to check their Spam folder as this could be a snafu on either end of the links. He's fine and is still taking orders and sending them as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    I emailed him a 2 week ago about an LP I was looking for. He responded in 2 days. None available. He contacted me about a week later saying he was able to get me one. Got it in about 5 days or so. VERY happy.

yes he's ok!!

Greg's a great guy and he always sends me my order before payment. But I've been a customer for nearly 30 years so he probably trusts his old customers. It's just too bad he can't get somebody to update his website. It looks very 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Greg's a great guy and he always sends me my order before payment. But I've been a customer for nearly 30 years so he probably trusts his old customers. It's just too bad he can't get somebody to update his website. It looks very 1999.
    Yep, we're old customers! Spray us down with dat Dustbuster!

As mentioned previously he does have a lot of stuff listed on discogs, as well as some stuff on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    As mentioned previously he does have a lot of stuff listed on discogs, as well as some stuff on Amazon.
    Yes but it is usually at a higher price.

^ Well, that's because those sites take a cut.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    He has indicated in the past that he is working on a new website that will be more modern and user friendly in the sense of searching and locating potential purchases. I, for one, am looking forward to it. He is still updating his current site on a regular basis, that's why the main page has the "Ongoing Updates" message.

I will post when I hear back from Greg.

I always wish he had a "regular" commercial type web site with shopping cart & checkout instead of the emailing & seeing what he has in stock business.

Banned
    I always wish he had a "regular" commercial type web site with shopping cart & checkout instead of the emailing & seeing what he has in stock business.
    That's exactly the type of web site he has been working on and I hope to see it completed in the near future. What I do is call and run my purchase list by him over the phone; he checks the inventory right then and there and once it's set, he mails it. This way, no delay or supplementary mail exchanges over alternates, etc. The issue is reaching him by phone, which depends on his schedule. Usually late in the day or early evening is better.

Agreed. He used to at least send out emails with the new items he had. Since those went away and there doesn't seem to be a way of checking his site for new items, I gave up visiting. I don't always know what is out there to ask about it.

But do you guys still receive his emails with updates? He used to send them once a month but then he slowed down. The last one I got was from two years ago.