Thread: For fans of D.F.A.

For fans of D.F.A.

This is a recording of their wonderful Sardinian (scholarly) tune 'La Ballata de S'isposa 'e Mannorri' apparently from the studio Kataweb in 2006 (i.e. prior to their final album), notable especially for the inclusion of low contr-alto female vox which nowadays is very rare.

This was one of the truly great progressive bands of the 2000s. They need to be celebrated. This was the prog-fusion band who even convinced the staff at the Wire mag to revisit "prog".

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Wonderful! I really miss those guys.

4th is one of my top 5 albums of the 21st century so far
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Nice find ! Thanx!
    Yes, that DFA album was one of the best italian albums of the 2000s

Thank you for that one. I'm a huge fan of D.F.A., I always hope there might be at least some leftovers to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    This is a recording of their wonderful Sardinian (scholarly) tune 'La Ballata de S'isposa 'e Mannorri' apparently from the studio Kataweb in 2006 (i.e. prior to their final album), notable especially for the inclusion of low contr-alto female vox which nowadays is very rare.

This was one of the truly great progressive bands of the 2000s. They need to be celebrated. This was the prog-fusion band who even convinced the staff at the Wire mag to revisit "prog".

Thank you Scrotum Scissor for the links and info. Great musicians. I miss them a lot.

They were such a special band to watch live. I really miss them.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I miss them too. Was lucky enough to see them at FMPM in Montreal after Fourth was released.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

The live video was fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Been ages since I played their albums, I'll pull them out for a revisit.