Thread: Farmhouse Odyssey

Farmhouse Odyssey

This band has been mentioned here a couple of times, in the New Releases thread and then again in some other threads, but nobody has made a big deal of them and I think this is a very big mistake. They have 2 albums release to date and honestly, I can't decide which one is better. Young band from California, their music is an eclectic mixture of progressive rock, fusion and funk, but they have tracks where I hear a very distinct Canterbury influence. Head over to their Bandcamp page where you can stream both albums, but here is a sample from each of them:

The music is very complex and bound to reward the listener multifold as it gets played again.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    You can also download the albums free.

Checking them out now. Thanks for the tip.

neil

Listening to the most recent, Rise of the Waterfowl, excellent stuff!

neil

I really like this band and have been listening to them off and on for the past two years. Their two studio albums are rather dense but in a highly rewarding sort of way. There's excellent musicianship all around. Everytime I return to FO, they reveal something more of themselves, and for me and my own listening habits, that's a sign of musical longevity. The guys seem rather young, too, so I hope that translates to a long career.

Here is a video of them performing two songs, "Shipwreck" and "Sleeping Silent", at the 2015 Summer Arts and Music Festival (in California, I'm guessing).

Listening to their stuff on Bandcamp now. Sounds quite promising!

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    And excellent young band that has the potential to produce some truly astounding music in the future.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

There's a pleasant summery feel to what I've heard so far. I like it!

I’ve only heard a little of the newer one, and I need more time with it to let it sink in. But I like what I’ve heard so far. .
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...