Thread: RIP Overend Watts

RIP Overend Watts

I always liked Mott the Hoople. Overend Watts has died. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter...-watts-dies-2/

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Oh no -- not another loss! Today I learned about Jaki from Can, Maggie Roach and now Overend Watts. May they all Rest In Power.

Oh no that's too bad, one of my first musical loves as a 70's teen. I was only reading an old interview with Overend when flicking through a 20 year old Mojo the other day. Their live album is still one of my all time favourites. I'm pleased I got to see them reunite for that anniversary gig at The Hammy Odeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Overend

Man, Mott was just an ass-kicking band back in the day. Brain Capers, All the Young Dudes, and Mott were pretty much perfect hard rock albums.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Oh no, loved this band. Sad news.

R I P Overend.

He's Walking With A Mountain. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Mott the Hoople in early 1971 open up for ELP at the Loew's theater in Providence. Heaviest band I'd ever heard at the time. I thought Overend was way older than the other guys as his hair was dyed grey.

I clicked on the link in the first post above, read the obit, then noticed a link for other musicians who died this past year. I was stunned (well, not really) to see that a kid who sat next to me in sophomore homeroom at Classical High in Providence, Preston Hubbard (we called him Prep), had died. I knew he was in the Thunderbirds, played with various acts, and was a serious drug user, but it's still a shock to see that he is dead. Short, chunky kid who later got tall and thin, played bass in local Providence bands. Once his band, Napalm Sunday, which also featured Tommy Dickie, later of Boston band Susan, played at a school dance. Man, they were good. Wow, Prep Hubbard gone.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

R.I.P. to one of the most visually distinctive and musically un-ignorable bassists in rock. Love Mott The Hoople with all my heart.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973