Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collecting John Wetton Recordings

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    Definitely his two albums with Family, especially Fearless.

If you don't have District 97's One More Red Night, which features him singing Crimson tunes with one of the hottest younger prog bands, you definitely check that out.

Mogul Thrash is worth a listen as well.
    I agree the live album with District 97 is well worth owning. I also have one of Wetton’s solo live albums called “Chasing The Dragon” from the mid 90’s which I think is quite good as well.

On a related note, can anyone recommend the best Wetton band DVDs? I've got several of the recent Asia DVDs and I enjoy them a lot but I would like something from his solo band. Amazon lists a few: some Anthologies, Amorata, Notes from the Underworld, etc.

There is a John Wetton band 2CD/DVD box set with Amorata in it that you might like. I haven't watched the DVD in a long time.

Library Jon

Uriah Heep- High and Mighty ( I think he's also on Return to fantasy but doesn't sing on it).

Isn't there a live album by Qango that features JW?

Also, fearless and bandstand by Family and one of the Mogul Thrash albums.

I just got Eddie Jobson's Four Decades 2-CD set. The concert is well known over here I believe, but I must say that I think John sings beautifully on it. Of course he didn't have to sing a whole show, so he could prepare well for Rendezvous 6:02, Carrying No Cross, In the Dead Of Night and Ceasar's Palace Blues. The drum-sound still isn't what you would expect from a professional recording, but it's better than recent previous live-recordings from UK.

Wetton sings on two tracks from Exiles, the CD David Cross released in 1997:

One collaboration that may not be so well known is John's appearance on the Japanese fusion band RX's album "Elements":

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    he sings lead vocals on the track 'Over And Over' on Ian McDonald's album Driver's Eyes (1999)
    The name of the song that John Wetton sings on is actually Forever and Ever. There is no song Over and Over on this album!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    On a related note, can anyone recommend the best Wetton band DVDs? I've got several of the recent Asia DVDs and I enjoy them a lot but I would like something from his solo band. Amazon lists a few: some Anthologies, Amorata, Notes from the Underworld, etc.

He did a DVD with Ken Hensley that's really enjoyable