Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Modern Fusion of the more Rock variety

right out of the gate, Jazz Grunge is a different beast than the first album from Matalex. replacing Steve Smith and Jeff Andrews are former members of Triton, Jost Nickel (drums) and Arnd Greise (bass). if you like heavy jazz rock/fusion, this will do it. I haven't seen any Triton on utube so I'll include one I've posted b4

Matalex - Beauty Of The Beast (Jazz Grunge/1996)

Matalex - Jazz Grunge (Jazz Grunge/1996)

Triton (selected tracks from Boomerang) 1992

i.ain't.dead.irock

I love Jazz Grunge!!! I also bought the live album of Jazz Grunge Tour Ď96, but the studio album is special. Iíll have to listen to Triton. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matalex also made an album together with Jean Paul-Bourelly
    https://www.discogs.com/Matalex-Feat...elease/1061048

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I love Jazz Grunge!!! I also bought the live album of Jazz Grunge Tour ‘96, but the studio album is special. I’ll have to listen to Triton. Thanks.
    that live album from 96 is damned good though with those ass kickin' versions of X-Perience and Apples Blues. Triton had three but they're not easy to acquire. I gotta couple that I can wave
    i.ain't.dead.irock

thought I'd go ahead and post these two up. a great live album that doesn't seem dated at all.
    I love the funkiness and synth play on X-Perience

Matalex - X-Perience (Live '96)

Matalex - Apples Blues (Live '96)

i.ain't.dead.irock

Gianluca D'Alessio's Sunrise Markets, featuring Gavin Harrison (2 tracks), John Giblin (1 track) and a couple of Italian musicians, contains a selection of short, mostly instrumental tracks, which combine progressive rock, fusion, progmetal chords and slightly shredding parts. According to Burning Shed it's his second solo-album.

Some might watch the clips on his youtube-channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XUo75nBLOIPJGn

One of the new bands I am pretty stoked about is Arch Echo, A bunch of classmates that created this band, great cd btw, start to finish, beatiful, over the top and stellar musicians.

https://archecho.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.archecho.com/videos/

There is a common thread in this thread... What makes so many of these bands great is the drummer. This is especially true with Special Providence, Impact Fuze, and Nova Collective. Not that the guitar, keys and bass aren't great themselves... but sometimes the drummers don't get the spotlight they deserve. I think we should all give a round of applause to the drummers... please clap in 7/4 time while you stomp your feet in 5/4. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    There is a common thread in this thread... What makes so many of these bands great is the drummer. This is especially true with Special Providence, Impact Fuze, and Nova Collective. Not that the guitar, keys and bass aren't great themselves... but sometimes the drummers don't get the spotlight they deserve. I think we should all give a round of applause to the drummers... please clap in 7/4 time while you stomp your feet in 5/4. Thanks!
    I completely agree! One of the common things in 90% of the music I love is that it all has great drumming. Usually, if an album is frothed on by many here at PE and I check it out and it does not have great drumming I become the lone voice of dissent. I just cant take mediocre drumming
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

These are good !

Electric Outlet is a collection of veteran German studio musicians who have mastered their craft providing backing tracks and live work to many artists over a variety of musical styles. The band includes Marcus Deml, (guitars - Kingdom Come, Saga, Bobby Kimball), Tom Aeschbacher (keyboards), Ralf Gustke (drums - Chaka Khan, Xavier Naidoo) and Frank Itt, (bass - Pili Pili, Errorhead and Bobby Kimball).