Thread: Jeff Lynn’e ELO 2024 Tour

Jeff Lynn’e ELO 2024 Tour

Grabbed 2 tickets to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at MSG for next September. For a band I thought I would never see, now I’ve seen them twice at Radio City Music Hall and at MSG a few years ago so it’s nice they/he is returning. Love the music and the visuals are always stunning.

Got to see these guys while we still can.

Who is in his band now. Any original members? Would love to see Bev Bevan, Richard Tandy or Mik Kaminski touring with him. Hope they play something from their first 3 albums like Kiuama.

Yes, I know they will play Roll Over Beethoven as an encore.
    Last edited by nodak; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:38 AM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nodak View Post
    Who is in his band now. Any original members? Would love to see Bev Bevan, Richard Tandy or Mik Kaminski touring with him. Hope they play something from their first 3 albums like Kiuama.

Yes, I know they will play Roll Over Beethoven as an encore.
    The original members you cite haven't played with ELO for 40 or so years. Richard Tandy, their keyboard player, have performed with them in recent history but missed the last tour.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Yeah it’s all Jeff Lynne and session guys now, not the original ELO by a long stretch but still it’s damn good.

I've gone 3 times now and I really need something (besides 'FINAL TOUR') to pull me out and above for these prices; but I doubt the setlist will change much. in fact I pretty much only went last tour for the 'Standing in the Rain' opener: Out of the Blue was the very first record I bought with my own money and it remains a top 20 album for me. I'd fly across the ocean and may a thousand bucks for a special full LP of that

but as it stands it's a show that's full of great songs and hits. it looks great. sounds great (I wonder how much is piped in tho, honestly. I mean ELP were amongst the very first to receive 'live tape' backlash. the industry has caught up to them!)

Quote Originally Posted by revelogicPA View Post
    I've gone 3 times now and I really need something (besides 'FINAL TOUR') to pull me out and above for these prices; but I doubt the setlist will change much. in fact I pretty much only went last tour for the 'Standing in the Rain' opener: Out of the Blue was the very first record I bought with my own money and it remains a top 20 album for me. I'd fly across the ocean and may a thousand bucks for a special full LP of that

but as it stands it's a show that's full of great songs and hits. it looks great. sounds great (I wonder how much is piped in tho, honestly. I mean ELP were amongst the very first to receive 'live tape' backlash. the industry has caught up to them!)
    I saw them on the last U.S. tour they did and had similar thoughts. It almost sounded too perfect. They did have a bunch of musicians on stage including backup singers, so maybe it was all done live, but the sound was so pristine that I had my doubts. It was a great show though, with great production, lights, and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw them on the last U.S. tour they did and had similar thoughts. It almost sounded too perfect. They did have a bunch of musicians on stage including backup singers, so maybe it was all done live, but the sound was so pristine that I had my doubts. It was a great show though, with great production, lights, and sound.
    Now - I am not going to bat for anyone, but Jeff has mentioned in the past that his aim is to re-create the records EXACTLY. He has the string players and singers, reinforced by samplers but not according to him, straight up recordings - there is a keyboard player playing those reinforcements... going from memory, but watching the Wembley concert video, it seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by vmartell View Post
    Now - I am not going to bat for anyone, but Jeff has mentioned in the past that his aim is to re-create the records EXACTLY. He has the string players and singers, reinforced by samplers but not according to him, straight up recordings - there is a keyboard player playing those reinforcements... going from memory, but watching the Wembley concert video, it seems right.
    That is most likely the case then. They are very good at re-producing the studio sound for sure.