Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham Recording New Album

Maybe the coolest Christine track on the new one, and the best guitar solo!

They aired an interview segment and two in-studio performances on CBS's morning show today. I thought it was very interesting that they seemed to intentionally give zero camera time to Neale Heywood. At least I think it was him on guitar based solely on his guitar rig. Every now and again you'd see his shoulder or sleeve come into frame. I wonder why they did that.

Like the idea a lot---always was a big fan of Christine---thought she's never come out of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Wow, quite a philosophical song for Christine! I don't think she's ever done a song that wasn't a variation on "Ooh, I love you, thank you for loving a little girl like me!" since, at least, "Homeward Bound" on "Bare Trees."

EDIT: I guess "Don't Stop" is sort of just a general feel-good anthem, so that one's excepted.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Wow, quite a philosophical song for Christine! I don't think she's ever done a song that wasn't a variation on "Ooh, I love you, thank you for loving a little girl like me!" since, at least, "Homeward Bound" on "Bare Trees."
    I believe her song "Heroes are Hard to Find" was about their former manager--the one who sent a fake version of the band out on tour the year before. Her songs on that album generally have a little more bite, and I think it's one of the more overlooked FM albums.

I like most of her songs on this new album, but overall it could have used a few gauzy Stevie Nicks songs to round things out. I always felt like their three songwriting styles complimented each other well. Lindsey's songs here are okay, but I'm not liking them as much as some of his other solo work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

AGREED!!! This one kicks major ass! Great way to end a good album.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Not unlike most big pop/rock acts, they're almost always better together than they are solo. The writing team of Buckingham, Nicks and McVie with the best ever rhythm section won't ever be bested by an alternative version.