Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    NJ is set to vote by the end of October and all indications it will pass. Fingers crossed.
    That is excellent new! Fingers crossed indeed. Hopefully it passes, NJ becomes a wealthy state, and NY becomes envious and does the same. It'll be good for Progstock too!

And congrats, Canada! I think I know what you'll all be doing at 4:20 today...

Here is what a pot store in Quebec will look like:

"Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

From a CNN article:

"I'm having a plaque made with the date and time and everything. This is never actually going to be smoked. I'm going to keep it forever," said Ian Power, who was among the first to buy marijuana in St. John's, a city in the country's easternmost province of Newfoundland and Labrador."

Also Ian Power, five days later: "I ended up smoking it because my other weed was gone, and Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii was on TV."
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Here is what a pot store in Quebec will look like:

Thank goodness we wont be having this in Ontario...just another government bureaucracy that will be difficult to get rid of. No chance of competing with the black (or current ) market.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

It was the only way to legalize...to make sure the government gets the lion's share. I will be curious how these stores will fare, and how the black will too. I think most regular lifelong users will just keep on seeing their "guy" and these stores will be more for the "social smoker" as it were. For myself, I gave up years ago because the THC bombs out there were making me paranoid. I may give some of the milder strains available in these establishments a try...or not. Still undecided...

It was the only way to legalize...to make sure the government gets the lion's share. I will be curious how these stores will fare, and how the black will too. I think most regular lifelong users will just keep on seeing their "guy" and these stores will be more for the "social smoker" as it were. For myself, I gave up years ago because the THC bombs out there were making me paranoid. I may give some of the milder strains available in these establishments a try...or not. Still undecided...
    For the most part I agree...I'm not against the taxation of pot as this was the hook for legalizing it. As you say, the regular users will still be seeing their guy, which begs the question of how a government outlet with it's high (no pun intended) paid employees, be able to survive with only the social smokers clientele.
    Dave Sr.

^I don't care about the illegal market. In New York it's never been less than scary and inconsistent, IMO. I'd be happy for there to be something regulated.

^^ If any of you are familiar with Pennsylvania's Liquor Control Board, you'll understand how ridiculous and antiquated such a system can become.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm going with the cheapest source. Didn't order of the Ontario online site because I'm receiving an oz in the mail today for half the price of the government store. As long as the online dispensaries are running, I'm a customer. I would go to Quebec and maybe grab a gram or two at the storefront (not available until April in Ontario).

For me personally, a great day for Canada!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^I don't care about the illegal market. In New York it's never been less than scary and inconsistent, IMO. I'd be happy for there to be something regulated.
    In Ontario it is still regulated through government controlled suppliers, however, it will be retailed through licenced privately run stores. Unlike the Quebec government run stores, they will be free to establish their own pricing and operating hours. You need this flexibility to compete with the current system that has no rules.
    Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ If any of you are familiar with Pennsylvania's Liquor Control Board, you'll understand how ridiculous and antiquated such a system can become.
    same here in Ontario...that's why I'm glad we are taking the high ground in retail.
    Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    In Ontario it is still regulated through government controlled suppliers, however, it will be retailed through licenced privately run stores. Unlike the Quebec government run stores, they will be free to establish their own pricing and operating hours. You need this flexibility to compete with the current system that has no rules.
    Either system would still be a huge improvement here.

I am of the opinion that the formula that proves the most successful on a provincial level will be eventually adopted nationwide... This is all uncharted waters at this point. We live in interesting times.

https://phys.org/news/2018-10-thc-am...0study%20finds
    <sig out of order>

Interesting...And yet in that short film I posted they quickly show different strains and it looks like the THC and CBD levels vary greatly from one to another.

Interesting...And yet in that short film I posted they quickly show different strains and it looks like the THC and CBD levels vary greatly from one to another.
    It looks like they were showing that each individual product could have significantly varying THC levels. They couldn't guarantee absolute percentage. But at any rate, I think a bigger factor could be the other compounds that vary from strain to strain. The terpenes may play a larger role in what sort of high you experience. I used to be the same way with paranoia, but finding the right strain could make a huge difference for you (which should be easy since you now have stores and presumably the clerks can guide you to the right product). I avoid anything that makes me paranoid...since I'm prone to anxiety attacks!

Edit: looking at that video more closely, some strains do appear to be as much as double the THC content of others (assuming I read the labels correctly and those were indeed strains of cannabis and not some other type of cannabis product). I'd try that product around the 1:25 mark that is about 50-50 THC and CBD.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 10-17-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    <sig out of order>

Banned

Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    For the most part I agree...I'm not against the taxation of pot as this was the hook for legalizing it. As you say, the regular users will still be seeing their guy, which begs the question of how a government outlet with it's high (no pun intended) paid employees, be able to survive with only the social smokers clientele.
    I’ll tell you how. 40 bucks for a 1/8 z great quality organic from a regulated business. Or illegal market produced shit for the same cash and possibly tainted with rat poison and glyphosate. Of course you can get cheaper shit, but it ain’t sensi.

Banned
    In Washington State the THC % was right on the label.

As of today (from somewhere on Facebook):

"Utah and Missouri legalized MMJ.

Michigan fully legalized - recreational and all!

North Dakota’s legalization measure failed.

Virginia: Elaine Luria won a seat in the House. She's challenged the VA over its refusal to recommend medical cannabis to patients.

Texas: Rep. Pete Sessions lost to Colin Allred. Sessions has blocked every single bit of cannabis legislation from advancing to the floor for consideration.

New Mexico: Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham has been elected governor. She's said she's open to signing a bill to fully legalize cannabis in the state

Minnesota: Rep. Tim Walz was elected governor, and he's very pro-cannabis.

California: Gavin Newsom has been elected governor. As lieutenant governor, he became one of the first mainstream Democrats to endorse legalization

Voters in at least 14 counties across Wisconsin have embraced various marijuana reform policies in the form of non-binding advisory questions.

At last count, a total of five Ohio cities approved local marijuana decriminalization initiatives."
    <sig out of order>

So, on September 4th, my son got hired at Tweed, the biggest grower around. Their plant is 10km from our home (5 miles). It's been a blast talking to him about it every night. I could telly you tons of stories about it but too long to type. He started as a trimmer. He wore a lab coat, plastic covering hair hands feet etc. One guy dumps the harvested weed on to a conveyor belt ...it gos to a tumbler where most of the leaves and stalks get tumbled off. Then when it comes out the other end, my son's job was quality control, quickly cleaning any stalks or leaves that made it through the tumble, and then placing the buds on trays and stacking them up for packaging. His supervisor's only instructions "just get rid of anything you wouldn't want to see in a bag you bought" LOL He said that just what falls on the floor in a day could keep him smoking for life, but it's all waste. All about purity, and contaminent free. When it's harvest they process hundreds of pounds a day. lol.
    So one month in, he sees a job posting for "sanitation supervisor". Only been there a month, but what the heck, he applied. Got the job! Now he works 10pm-7am... and supervises a team of 5 employees who have to purify the tumbler machines every night so they are ready for the trim room when trimmers show up for work at 7am. He sits at his computer and has to log every last piece of equipment as it gos through the wash and sanitizing process. It has to be meticulously logged for gov't reasons and purity reasons, but mostly because those machines are a sticky mess after a day's work lol. Got a salary now at 40k a year! He said now since legalization, the opportunities will be countless as there are very few people in the world with the expertise of the managers here and they will have to go across Canada (and later the world ) to open up marijuana facilities. They joked with him saying he's the second sanitation supervisor in canadian history, after the guy in their Smith Falls plant. Looks like he got in at the right time.
    Lastly he says he works with all kinds of millionaires...theoretical...guys making $15 an hour...but own stocks in the company they bought dirt cheap at the beginning. My son is already in management but is yet to qualify for stock options till he hits 3 months! lol cheers boys

^ Very interesting - good on him! Can he just scoop up a few handfuls of that "waste" from the floor and shove it in his pockets, or are they scanned before leaving? Or does he get free smoke as an employee? I'd love to do this kind of work, even though it does sound like they're on top of things. It probably smells good!

"But the government must love me 'cause they keep me out of work
    They must be saving me for something special
    Maybe it's the job of rolling spliffs for Captain Kirk
    Or giving Miss Lovelace a pubic hairdo"

- Roy Harper

What a proud poppa you are, paisan!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cool story Lino!

Legalization passed in Michigan on Tuesday (I voted yes of course). It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Very interesting - good on him! Can he just scoop up a few handfuls of that "waste" from the floor and shove it in his pockets, or are they scanned before leaving? Or does he get free smoke as an employee? I'd love to do this kind of work, even though it does sound like they're on top of things. It probably smells good!

per
    I have worked in prescription drug manufacturing for many years. Even though pot is now legal in some states my guess would be that from the FDA’s perspective it would still be considered a “controlled” substance to produce which would mean strict regulations and accounting for any and all product. When we make a controlled substance, every ounce of it has to be accounted for and everything is very tightly controlled. I imagine that cannabis production would be similar. From what Lino describes pharma is pharma, but it sounds like a cool job and a great opportunity for his son to get in on the ground floor.