Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Something else I haven't experienced myself but recently heard about from someone who did experience it first hand, is some kind of MJ oil that's great for putting you right to sleep. I'm pretty sure that's preferable to taking something like Ambien. This was from someone who had access to a selection of MMJ products.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Malcolm Gladwell's article in the most recent issue of The New Yorker is very interesting. Gladwell looks at the issue not as an advocate for or against prohibition, but as someone who can't help but see that the "data are messy" in regards to cannabis. The scientific community has had little opportunity to do research. Think how much the we know about caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and opioids and then consider that comparisons have been made between THC and all four of those much better understood substances (pro-cannabis advocates suggesting it's on the more benign end of the spectrum; the opposition suggesting it's on the other end). Regardless of where you stand on the issue--for both personal and societal reasons, I favor legalization--I think we can all agree that there is just not enough known about THC, CBD or cannabis in general.

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...fe-as-we-think
    As long as people continue to judge cannabis with an absolute, then they will find something wrong. But the biggest wrong is that the government hasn’t permitted independent research like the Israelis have done. The messy aspect has more to do with bad politic driven pseudo-science. However, there is no doubt that the cannabinoids are patented by the NIH for the neuroprotective properties. Now seen as critical for helping TBI. TBI or traumatic brain injury. Those patents were not based on smoking studies. However Tashkin at UCLA used a huge sample size to of folks who smoked heavily for 40 years show that smoking pot has a negative correlation with lung cancer, even though the chemicals were much more dense than tabacco. But cannabis has antioxidants, the same observation made in patent application for neuroprotection. The biggest downside of pot, is that illegal weed contains whatever unknown evil. But who tests alcoholic drinks for what crap is in them including weed killer used to produce grain.

Banned
    Also conservatives tend to be against anything that expands conciousness thus outlawing marijuana and psychedelics and not alcohol or nicotine.

Banned
    I’ll take a look at the viddy later but offer this in defense (not, mind you, that I care if Gladwell is right or not): the article acknowledges its own lack of science. Gladwell isn’t suggesting that pot causes schizophrenia; he’s suggesting we aren’t sure what it’s widespread usage causes. That’s a problem everyone needs to recognize.

Edit: I really can’t conceive of an interpretation of that article as “scaremongering.”
    If we don’t know what pot does by now, we are stupid. Which came first the chicken or the egg, or pot or the schizophrenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Also conservatives tend to be against anything that expands conciousness thus outlawing marijuana and psychedelics and not alcohol or nicotine.
    And higher education.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    If we don’t know what pot does by now, we are stupid. Which came first the chicken or the egg, or pot or the schizophrenia.
    The problem is it’s all anecdotal or ad hoc data. We need intensive, across the spectrum, peer-reviewed studies. This should not be a controversial opinion nor should it be something cannabis advocates oppose (I would think).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The problem is it’s all anecdotal or ad hoc data. We need intensive, across the spectrum, peer-reviewed studies. This should not be a controversial opinion nor should it be something cannabis advocates oppose (I would think).
    Or you could ask yourself if...you have personally had a REAL negative experience or known anyone that did, as the result of consuming pot. I first smoked weed in 1960, so we are talking 58 years. In all that time, I have never encountered a serious situation with pot users. I have, on a very few occasions, seen and experienced an adverse affect regarding cannabis, but that was primarily edibles, which I feel is a much different topic, and should be approached with some form of caution.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    And higher education.

Higher education......

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'd be more inclined to explore other methods of ingesting cannabis than smoking it if I didn't feel like I was illicitly buying "paraphernalia" for smoking an illicit substance, and like I needed to hork it down in whatever is the easiest, fastest method.

Banned
    They are there, I’ve read them and they aren’t easy reading. Unfortunately, science isn’t really black and white, and never will be. As long as the US government only allows government sponsored research, the science will be biased towards political opinion. It is better to have more scientists not tied to government policies. There have been so many “pier reviewed” studies that are bull shit. Even Tashkin whose US funded study of carcinogens in smoke was effectively fake news when it concluded the worse, weed worse than tobacco. Turns out Tashkin back tracked after viewing the stats from huge sample sizes of people who had smoked for 40 years. That’s just an example.

Banned
    "If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ."

https://allthatsinteresting.com/jesus-cannabis-oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

or anything that is logical.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Banned
    William F. Buckley - Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.

^^
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    William F. Buckley - Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
    William F. Buckley, Jr. - A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'.

Benjamin Disraeli - Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress; having rejected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress ror the present, and makes no preparation for the future.

John Kenneth Galbraith - The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

William E. Gladstone - Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.

John Stuart Mill - Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Wow! This thread has moved so far from it's original intent. That is, discussing getting high. I'm surprised the mod's have no jumped in.

Yikes!

They jump in when someone gets offended. Skins grow thin as skulls get thicker. Universal truth #37

Banned
    ...and i wonder who will get "shocked and offended"? Hmmmm let's see.

Welcome to the post Jegheist world.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.