Thread: Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Might have to buy a Ford next time around:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/mar...ion/index.html
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I like how they try to blame this on MJ:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/10...y-pot-law.html
    The blame really lies with the Feds. If the Feds were true to the Constitution, then weed would be legal in the country, even though the States would be able to make their own laws. Thus there would be so many States that would be legal and people wouldnt be moving to CO. In fact, what has happened in CO in the last 2 years will soon be reduced ad other states go legal. Maybe the homeless will now move to Uraguay, the first truely legal country. It has a more moderate climate than CO. When CA goes legal in 18, the homeless will take over Venice beach.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Might have to buy a Ford next time around:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/mar...ion/index.html
    Even a freaking wall can't keep that shitty mexican weed from entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    The blame really lies with the Feds. If the Feds were true to the Constitution, then weed would be legal in the country, even though the States would be able to make their own laws. Thus there would be so many States that would be legal and people wouldnt be moving to CO. In fact, what has happened in CO in the last 2 years will soon be reduced ad other states go legal. Maybe the homeless will now move to Uraguay, the first truely legal country. It has a more moderate climate than CO. When CA goes legal in 18, the homeless will take over Venice beach.
    Exactly.
    <sig out of order>

Cough, cough, weeze!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Cough. I'm high on life right now........

And I'm crosseyed right now.......

It's Fry Day........

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm likely going to have to give up my moderate use of pot 1 or 2 times a week (including Fry Day - lol). I've gained more than 20 pounds in the last five years. I get uncontrollable munchies and eat everything not hammered down in my house. I went to a medical weight loss clinic this week and I'll be on a very strict diet, including protein shakes. I really hate having to give it up but my physical health will weight more heavily than smoking pot. Even though I only smoke 1 or 2 joints a week - it won't be that easy to just quit - but I will.

To all your other smokers, enjoy! Tonight I'll smoke some very nice black hash before my diet starts in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm likely going to have to give up my moderate use of pot 1 or 2 times a week (including Fry Day - lol). I've gained more than 20 pounds in the last five years. I get uncontrollable munchies and eat everything not hammered down in my house. I went to a medical weight loss clinic this week and I'll be on a very strict diet, including protein shakes. I really hate having to give it up but my physical health will weight more heavily than smoking pot. Even though I only smoke 1 or 2 joints a week - it won't be that easy to just quit - but I will.

To all your other smokers, enjoy! Tonight I'll smoke some very nice black hash before my diet starts in a few weeks.
    This is what you do. You take one good hit and go for a brisk 2- or 3-mile walk. When you get back, you'll be really buzzed from the increased blood flow and, if you pig out, well, you already burned off all those calories.

Or, just eat better.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    This is what you do. You take one good hit and go for a brisk 2- or 3-mile walk. When you get back, you'll be really buzzed from the increased blood flow and, if you pig out, well, you already burned off all those calories.

Or, just eat better.
    1 egg a day. Steel cut oatmeal. 20 minutes full body sun, mid day, covered the rest of the day. Garlic, onions and crucererous veggies. Yogurt. Vigorous exercise. Cut sugar.

I've lost 20 lbs over the last 6 months. I cut out bread, rice, pasta, starches, sugar, fruit juice, etc. I mostly eat protein (meat, fish, eggs, cheese) and leafy greens (spinach, kale). I only drink light, pisswater beer. At the health club I mainly do cardio workouts (30 mins. stationary bike, stair stepper). It was simply a lifestyle change.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I've lost 20 lbs over the last 6 months. I cut out bread, rice, pasta, starches, sugar, fruit juice, etc. I mostly eat protein (meat, fish, eggs, cheese) and leafy greens (spinach, kale). I only drink light, pisswater beer. At the health club I mainly do cardio workouts (30 mins. stationary bike, stair stepper). It was simply a lifestyle change.
    Sounds good, what about a probiotic like yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Sounds good, what about a probiotic like yogurt.
    I avoid yogert. If you read the ingredients, sugar is listed. I prefer to take a probiotic pill. A good snack is cottage cheese. Just plain old cottage cheese, without fruit and crap.

Banned
    I avoid yogert. If you read the ingredients, sugar is listed. I prefer to take a probiotic pill. A good snack is cottage cheese. Just plain old cottage cheese, without fruit and crap.
    Sounds good. There are yogurts which dont have sugar, but cottage cheese is good and the probiotic pill.

I remember in the 60s and 70s a "diet plate" was a hamburger patty, some greens, and a scoop of cottage cheese. Basically, that's what I have for dinner every night, but I'll alternate the burger patty with chicken breast, or a New York Strip, or liver. And we are going off the rails on a crazy train......

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I unfortunately have more than 20 to go and I gained a bunch of weight in the last five years. A starting point is 20. I'm going to make a lifestyle change but don't you get the munchies when you smoke? What do you do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    but don't you get the munchies when you smoke? What do you do about that?
    I don't have a lot of food in the house. I don't have crackers, cookies, and chips and crap. I'll eat some cold cuts or something and drink water.

Since we're talking about munchies.......

I haven't had pizza in over a year. I'm dying to eat pizza. But I'm not gonna order one from a store I'll make my own pizza.

Banned
    I don't have a lot of food in the house. I don't have crackers, cookies, and chips and crap. I'll eat some cold cuts or something and drink water.
    Honestly, the very first thing to stop is smoking. There is nothing more damaging to the cardiovascular system than smoke. At the end of the day, motion and metabolism helps lose weight and smoking defeats that. Smoking gurantees CBN intake and CBN is demotivating. Vapes work at temps which dont boil off CBN. Tobacco vapes operate at too high of a temp and therefore get combustion. Combustion of THC turns some of it to CBN. CBN can be boiled off without combustion, but that's better for muscle relaxation and sleep.

Who would ever have guessed this would turn into a discussion about food?
    <sig out of order>

I'm trying to cut down on the snacking and increasing my walking. Baby steps but it might be getting me somewhere.

Back on topic, here's a very civilized approach from the Swiss on mellowing out

http://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/switzerland-marijuana/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'm trying to cut down on the snacking and increasing my walking. Baby steps but it might be getting me somewhere.

Back on topic, here's a very civilized approach from the Swiss on mellowing out

http://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/switzerland-marijuana/
    Interesting, hemp based medicinals high in CBD should certainly be over the counter. Additionally it acts as a moderator to a high which was too intense and accompanied with anxiety.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I love Rick Steves!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    F you, American Banks and the "Patriot" Act!:

Pot Was Flying Off the Shelves in Uruguay. Then U.S. Banks Weighed In
    https://nyti.ms/2w48Js7