Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why is that a big deal? You can grow it and buy it from the illegal market. Same as now.
    Easier said than done in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Easier said than done in some places.
    Right...I don't know where to buy weed in the illegal market, and haven't in quite some time. I can only hope that NJ follows through on their promise.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Right...I don't know where to buy weed in the illegal market, and haven't in quite some time. I can only hope that NJ follows through on their promise.
    They'd better! I'm hoping for a great shop right on the other side of the Tappan Zee.

Even it’s legal to grow your own, you have to worry about it being found out because other thieves will rip you off. So being legal for cultivation doesn’t alleviate security concerns.
    Except it's very unlikely I'd be "found out" by anyone who'd want to steal from me and I'd likely have enough to give away....as would many others. So I think it will become ridiculously easy to get, removing the need to steal.

I do know several low-lifes that have been aware for years that I have valuable musical instruments/equipment here and have not broken into my house yet (knock wood).
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Except it's very unlikely I'd be "found out" by anyone who'd want to steal from me and I'd likely have enough to give away....as would many others. So I think it will become ridiculously easy to get, removing the need to steal.

I do know several low-lifes that have been aware for years that I have valuable musical instruments/equipment here and have not broken into my house yet (knock wood).
    Well it’s good for you, but I wouldn’t extrapolate those thoughts to all. It’s doesn’t seem like a smart move for society in general to blow up the illegal market that way. While I agree that what you say is possible, I don’t agree in general that people give stuff away free when they can make money. It’s the stuff that matters, and the legal sales are most likely provide society weed of known ingredients and percentages of key cannabinoids, including organic. It’s good for you, but it’s not good for me or those people who live in states that will never legalize.

Well it’s good for you, but I wouldn’t extrapolate those thoughts to all. It’s doesn’t seem like a smart move for society in general to blow up the illegal market that way. While I agree that what you say is possible, I don’t agree in general that people give stuff away free when they can make money. It’s the stuff that matters, and the legal sales are most likely provide society weed of known ingredients and percentages of key cannabinoids, including organic. It’s good for you, but it’s not good for me or those people who live in states that will never legalize.
    Of course I think it should be legalized everywhere and I'm not sure why I'd be involved in giving it away across state lines as that would invite other problems. Just because it becomes legal here (assuming it does) does not mean, were I to begin growing it, I'd want to be advertising that fact. There are lots of friends, relatives, and coworkers who probably wouldn't really be on board with that idea so I think it's best to be discrete. Sure, maybe some money would still change hands or perhaps some bartering would take place. Personally I'd be happy giving some away to the few friends I have who would be interested. But when it becomes ubiquitous the value will be extremely low. I do hope there will be a legal (taxed and regulated) market that exists eventually for the reasons you mentioned. For that I'd be willing to pay considering the benefits provided.
    <sig out of order>

The police are acting as if they've never had any previous input into the process and they even get the facts of the bill wrong (each adult in a household does not get to have their own set of plants):

https://vtdigger.org/2018/01/09/poli...gal-marijuana/
    <sig out of order>

It passed the Vermont Senate now:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-bill-governor
    <sig out of order>

Too bad NJ can't get this shit done quickly like VT can!

Too bad NJ can't get this shit done quickly like VT can!
    This has actually been in the works for a few years. It has taken way too long. The only reason it got done this quickly (or so it might seem to outside observers) was that most of the debate was done in previous sessions. This was pretty much all queued up and ready to go this legislative session.
    <sig out of order>

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Waiting for July legalization in Canada.

Does anyone know if it's legal to buy seeds online?
    <sig out of order>

Does anyone know if it's legal to buy seeds online?
    There a famous Canadian advocate that served time in a U.S. prison for selling seeds but I'm not sure if this applies across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    There a famous Canadian advocate that served time in a U.S. prison for selling seeds but I'm not sure if this applies across the board.
    Well...that's not very encouraging, lol.
    <sig out of order>

Well...that's not very encouraging, lol.
    The Seedman of Alcatraz they called him.

lol

I should start checking out hotels in Bennington.

<sig out of order>

My dope smoking update. Down to one night a week and lost 5 more pounds over the holidays, 30 overall.

The NY thing is excellent! Here's hoping...

Vermont Lawmakers Send Marijuana Legalization Bill to Governor’s Desk

Governor immediately uses it to roll a huge joint

My dope smoking update. Down to one night a week and lost 5 more pounds over the holidays, 30 overall.
    Congrats man! How are you losing that weight? I keep gaining weight and I went from a skinny guy to a fat skinny guy in a few years. My metabolism flipped me the bird as I was eating 1/2 of a large pepperoni pizza. mmmmmmm......pizza.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Congrats man! How are you losing that weight? I keep gaining weight and I went from a skinny guy to a fat skinny guy in a few years. My metabolism flipped me the bird as I was eating 1/2 of a large pepperoni pizza. mmmmmmm......pizza.
    Thanks a lot! I cut our all sugar drinks (Coke, Gatorade, etc). I actually cut out all refined sugar and eat lots of fruit in its place. I also cut down on bread, just protein for lunch and dinner (and veggies) and then, as mentioned, lots of varied fruit for snacks. I was drinking a huge amount of sugar drinks and sweets before. When I light up on Saturdays I do have an ice cream bar and chips (but only once a week). I keep all tempting things out of my house.

Keep at mozo.

I bought a wok last week. Made an awesome stir-fry for lunch today. And now I've got a bucket o' beers in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Keep at mozo.

I bought a wok last week. Made an awesome stir-fry for lunch today. And now I've got a bucket o' beers in front of me.
    Thanks Vic!