Thread: New album Randy McStine feat. Adam Holzman

New album Randy McStine feat. Adam Holzman

Here's another Pledge I didn't read about over here yet (maybe it's in the large "what's new" ect. threads).

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...r=project14701

Hello! Thanks for visiting. Blank is my new solo record, and I’m quite proud of this one. If you are already a fan of my work, you’ll find familiar elements, but put together in ways I haven’t explored in-depth before. If you’re here for the first time, welcome.

Blank consists of eight songs. I would describe it as my take on if Brian Eno produced a Nick Drake record, and brought a few pals in to add some spice. I played and sang everything, with the exception of keyboardist Adam Holzman (Miles Davis) and saxophonist Jesse Molloy (Panic! At The Disco) as my featured guests. Blank also features lush string arrangements from Dave Gregory (XTC).

This record is my statement to hit the personal reset button. My name hasn’t graced an album cover since I was in my early teens, and with all I’ve been incredibly lucky to do with others since, I feel the time is right to restate my name and redirect my efforts.

I’m offering some very personal, exclusive experiences for this pre-order, and for those who want to explore deeper, I think you’ll be pleased!

Thank you for your support. I can’t wait for you to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Here's another Pledge I didn't read about over here yet (maybe it's in the large "what's new" ect. threads).

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...r=project14701

Hello! Thanks for visiting. Blank is my new solo record, and I’m quite proud of this one. If you are already a fan of my work, you’ll find familiar elements, but put together in ways I haven’t explored in-depth before. If you’re here for the first time, welcome.

Blank consists of eight songs. I would describe it as my take on if Brian Eno produced a Nick Drake record, and brought a few pals in to add some spice. I played and sang everything, with the exception of keyboardist Adam Holzman (Miles Davis) and saxophonist Jesse Molloy (Panic! At The Disco) as my featured guests. Blank also features lush string arrangements from Dave Gregory (XTC).

This record is my statement to hit the personal reset button. My name hasn’t graced an album cover since I was in my early teens, and with all I’ve been incredibly lucky to do with others since, I feel the time is right to restate my name and redirect my efforts.

I’m offering some very personal, exclusive experiences for this pre-order, and for those who want to explore deeper, I think you’ll be pleased!

Thank you for your support. I can’t wait for you to hear this.
    pledged

not trying to hijack the thread, but speaking of mcstine, i see that he's playing guitar for (or, really, with) jane getter at the NJ Proghouse on Feb 3. Holtzman is also in the band. julie slick (belew power trio) is opening. it's a risky commitment to drive there and back from upstate ny in the middle of winter...but...have to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    pledged

not trying to hijack the thread, but speaking of mcstine, i see that he's playing guitar for (or, really, with) jane getter at the NJ Proghouse on Feb 3. Holtzman is also in the band. julie slick (belew power trio) is opening. it's a risky commitment to drive there and back from upstate ny in the middle of winter...but...have to consider it.
    Thanks for the info. Maybe that created the link between Randy and Adam (who is Jane's husband as you might know).

Great to see this pledge went from 20% to 71% in two days!

Great to see this pledge went from 20% to 71% in two days!
    it seems someone (not me) spent $5000 on the "private concert". if that person is looking for additional people in the audience and is in upstate NY...well...i'd be more than happy to fill an empty seat.

but seriously, nice to see the huge bump, however it happened

I am quite surprised to see this thread on here!

There are 16 days left in the campaign, and it is currently 80% funded. I hope to not hit the panic button, but we'll see how it goes.

This is the first song on the album called The Master. I played everything on this one, and I suppose it's worth pointing out that all of the ambient sounds are guitars ("No Synthesizers!" as Queen used to say).

Thanks for the support. -Randy

Thanks for the info. Maybe that created the link between Randy and Adam (who is Jane's husband as you might know).
    That is correct. Jane regularly works with Alex Skolnick as a co-guitarist, but she had some tour dates booked in Europe earlier in 2016 for which he was unavailable. Rather than just getting someone who could handle the guitar parts, she also wanted someone to sing lead on a couple of songs that Corey Glover (Living Colour) had contributed to in the studio. My name was passed along, and it was a great fit. The band for Europe also featured Stuart Hamm on bass, which led to a separate tour I did with him during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-Fi Resistance View Post
    I am quite surprised to see this thread on here!
    I've been asking myself this question the whole day: "Why?"

I've been asking myself this question the whole day: "Why?"
    As in you're wondering why I'm surprised?

As in you're wondering why I'm surprised?
    Yep. Maybe you're surprised because you think Blank may not appeal to progressive rock-fans ("Nick Drake produced by Brian Eno"), I don't know, but as a long time visitor of this forum and a producer of a couple of fine albums, which were praised over here, you shouldn't be surprised we're "following your steps closely"

Yep. Maybe you're surprised because you think Blank may not appeal to progressive rock-fans ("Nick Drake produced by Brian Eno"), I don't know, but as a long time visitor of this forum and a producer of a couple of fine albums, which were praised over here, you shouldn't be surprised we're "following your steps closely"
    Trust me, I'm appreciative of the coverage. I don't have a particularly active profile from a press point of view, so I'm not really sure how I'm viewed (or not viewed) here based on different musicians I work with.

Blank will likely appeal to the type of listener that has an appreciation and patience for space and the little details that unfold upon repeated listening. Nick Drake, Brian Eno, David Sylvian, Talk Talk, etc.

One last bump for this. There are 7 days left to contribute at www.pledgemusic.com/randymcstine. It is currently 86% funded.

Here's another tune from Blank called What You Become.

Available for pre-order (for those who haven't pledged): https://www.burningshed.com/store/si...duct/115/8521/

You can now stream, download, and purchase the album through Bandcamp, which is one of the most artist-friendly places to do such a thing.

https://randymcstine.bandcamp.com/album/blank

You can now stream, download, and purchase the album through Bandcamp, which is one of the most artist-friendly places to do such a thing.

https://randymcstine.bandcamp.com/album/blank
    One more bump for this one. I'm now shipping signed Digipak versions of the album via Bandcamp. If you're in North America, this will be your best bet for costs. I am shipping elsewhere too, but for better rates, Burning Shed has it covered.

Did you really have to take your shirt off?

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Did you really have to take your shirt off?

[emoji12]

It is clearly the only way to get some attention.

No! I'm enjoying my cd! The Fringe & Lo-Fi are also in the mix.