Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hackett & Howe: Best Instrumentals

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    Lot's of great tracks mentioned.

Howe's "Sharp on Attack" from the first Guitar Speak comp is a nice rocking track.
    Agree.. always like that track.. kinda makes you wonder about the story of how Howe doesn't like to play on stage with other guitarist.. here he did a tour with this group correct?

I'll just weigh in with my favorite track for each

Steve Howe - Surface Tension A wonderful classical styled piece
    Steve Hackett - Riding The Colossus A rocking instrumental

Oh, and, welcome Rajaz. Neil Gaiman fan?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I always enjoyed the Howe instrumental album Spectrum from 2005. Tony Levin on bass.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Agree.. always like that track.. kinda makes you wonder about the story of how Howe doesn't like to play on stage with other guitarist.. here he did a tour with this group correct?
    You are right. I thought it was just one night but looking at the live cd it looks like it was a short 7 date tour in in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    But there is some really good playing on it, as you'd expect. 'Sketches In The Sun' and 'Hackett To Bits' are good instrumentals.
    I hadn't heard GTR since 1987 until a GTR thread came up last year. When I listen on youtube, I thought it was as good as Asia's Astra and better than Aura with a singer as said above who sounded pretty generic then. Once again, as with Asia, I didn't even know then Steve Howe was on it and was vaguely aware then that Hackett was in Genesis as I didn't get into 70s Genesis until around 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    It's a good rocker as is "pennants."

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Oh, and, welcome Rajaz. Neil Gaiman fan?
    My guess would be he's a Camel fan. Maybe both. Who knows.