Thread: James Corden/Jim Parsons Dust In The Wind remake

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

James Corden/Jim Parsons Dust In The Wind remake

Sorry if this is super old or already posted - someone posted on FaceBook, and I thought it was funny and also what I can only imagine is a loving tribute.
    I actually never watch Cordon's show, but this makes me more willing to check him out.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm not sure I 'get it' but it was a pretty good cover, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I'm not sure I 'get it' but it was a pretty good cover, all things considered.
    Just curious, have you ever seen the original video from Kansas? I thought it was a pretty funny parody.

Corden is a great singer & has been in at least one B'way musical in addition to being pretty funny.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Corden is a great singer & has been in at least one B'way musical in addition to being pretty funny.
    Working 2nd shift I am usually still up when his show comes on and catch it fairly regularly. Cordon is amazingly talented. The guy can do anything, and appears to have one of the most creative minds in the business. I don’t like everything he does on his show (maybe I am just too old), and half the time I have no clue who his guests are, but the guy is a significant talent.

It was featured in a movie too. Was it "old school?"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just curious, have you ever seen the original video from Kansas? I thought it was a pretty funny parody.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen the original video, actually.

This whole skit don't mean much unless you've seen the original, since it's a piss take on it.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've seen the original video. I don't get what's going on with the growing hair and dress, but yeah, definitely a good parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

This whole skit don't mean much unless you've seen the original, since it's a piss take on it.
    Thanks. My take on it is that everything that jumps out about the original video is taken to an extreme and becomes more and more exaggerated. To me the funniest part is when the Kerry Livgren guy looks straight at the camera, because the funniest part of the original video is how seriously they take it, and so it's funny when that guy looks straight in the camera deadpan. Not that they shouldn't have taken it seriously - it's just that Kansas, and prog of course, often takes itself more seriously than the mundane listener can understand and process!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks. My take on it is that everything that jumps out about the original video is taken to an extreme and becomes more and more exaggerated. To me the funniest part is when the Kerry Livgren guy looks straight at the camera, because the funniest part of the original video is how seriously they take it, and so it's funny when that guy looks straight in the camera deadpan. Not that they shouldn't have taken it seriously - it's just that Kansas, and prog of course, often takes itself more seriously than the mundane listener can understand and process!
    Yup, I think you hit the nail on the head!