Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hands 1977 s/t album

Ernie had another Hands side project; Fission Trip with KCs Ian Wallace.
    CD is called Volume One.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpu "Recreational Music". Vocals on six of nine tracks now. Song titles, lyrics, and vocal delivery all suggest Phish although there are parts that remind me of Zappa or some of the fooling around Parliament used to do. Instrumentally it's essentially a continuation of the last album although the verse/chorus song structures require more straight-ahead sections and leaves less space for the interesting interludes I enjoyed in "Project Pu". This is still fine but less enjoyable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Listened to Magpu's "Project Pu" last night. It is more varied than my memory and the article make it out to be. I’d say it’s more rooted in jam band than fusion, and the influences come from everywhere. Some Zappa, some Krautrock, even a bit of avant-prog. I'm not sure why I thought of Happy the Man before, unless they came off more that way live, because I don't hear it on the CD. It’s spacier than I remember the live stuff being. Not particularly dark or dissonant, the more active parts are fairly upbeat. Entirely instrumental with some vocal samples. Tracks all have silly/dadaist titles and they all run into each other so it's an hour of continuous music. Pretty good, would play again.
    Sounds cool. Thanks Sean for the notes!

I just joined, so bear with me. A lot of people have been wondering about Shroom (now ShroomAngel Records), and I am here to tell you I am alive and active. We did lay low for a while, but we've kicked out some goodies lately and have more on tap. Most of our long out of print back catalog can be obtained in the form of custom made CD-R's featuring full artwork front, back, spines, and discs - housed in miniature gate fold album style cardboard jackets. They look good, very pro, and are sanctioned by artist and label. This includes all the out of print Hands/Prism titles, Arabesque, Intra, Aurora, and more. News and information can be found in real time via our Facebook page - Shroomangel Records - so check it out. You can contact me to order titles direct (including all currently available albums and cd's) so send me a note at shroom@trinicom.com or visit me on Facebook. I'll come visit here more in the future to drop news of new releases and other bits. For now - look for HONEST JOHN on Lion Productions in association with ShroomAngel, released on vinyl only in ltd. supply. A killer hard rock beast from 1975, if you like "downer bluesy, heavy rock similar at times to Trapeze, you'll love this one. Also working right now on Spiney Normen, a 70's gem that features mellotrons, vox jaguar, mini moog, keys, heavy acid guitar, flute, and psyched out vocals...not to be missed! We also plan to release Hands "Strangelet" on vinyl soon, probably this year.

^^Thanks for the information.
    I was curious about Spiney Normen and found "Bringing It All Back Again" (great title), a compilation you once released featuring one track from this band.

1. I'm Lookin' - Hooker
    2. Last Chance - Jeremiah
    3. Loser - Honest John
    4. It's All Gonna Be Alright - Heyoka
    5. Coming Your Way - Sanctus
    6. Feel - Rare Breed
    7. The Second Door - False Prophet
    8. The Sound of Younger Times - Spiney Normen
    9. Airchitecture - Arabesque
    10. Dragonfly - The Trolls
    11. Come On - Wave
    12. Too Many Ways - RPM
    13. Make Me Crazy - Wolfpak
    14. The Seer - Stan Lassiter Grupe

Yes that is a pretty cool CD. I still have plenty of them here. Out of all that stuff, pretty much just the Spiney, Honest John, Hooker, and Heyoka are released or will be. Some of the projects just never really materialized. Honest John is due any day, on vinyl, through a licensing deal I made with Lion Productions.

Quote Originally Posted by ShroomAngel View Post
    I just joined, so bear with me. A lot of people have been wondering about Shroom (now ShroomAngel Records), and I am here to tell you I am alive and active. We did lay low for a while, but we've kicked out some goodies lately and have more on tap. Most of our long out of print back catalog can be obtained in the form of custom made CD-R's featuring full artwork front, back, spines, and discs - housed in miniature gate fold album style cardboard jackets. They look good, very pro, and are sanctioned by artist and label. This includes all the out of print Hands/Prism titles, Arabesque, Intra, Aurora, and more. News and information can be found in real time via our Facebook page - Shroomangel Records - so check it out. You can contact me to order titles direct (including all currently available albums and cd's) so send me a note at shroom@trinicom.com or visit me on Facebook. I'll come visit here more in the future to drop news of new releases and other bits. For now - look for HONEST JOHN on Lion Productions in association with ShroomAngel, released on vinyl only in ltd. supply. A killer hard rock beast from 1975, if you like "downer bluesy, heavy rock similar at times to Trapeze, you'll love this one. Also working right now on Spiney Normen, a 70's gem that features mellotrons, vox jaguar, mini moog, keys, heavy acid guitar, flute, and psyched out vocals...not to be missed! We also plan to release Hands "Strangelet" on vinyl soon, probably this year.
    Awesome! Glad you're here. You guys are responsible for releasing some of the best archival material from our country - and our state! Keep them coming, I know there's more out there! As well, there's dozens of American LPs still not on CD. And no one knows about them sadly. All privately pressed to zero audience even in the 70s and 80s.