Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IQ-Scrape across the Sky [first live Blu-ray]

IQ-Scrape across the Sky [first live Blu-ray]

I have never purchased a Blu Ray DVD from the UK. What is the likelihood that there will be a version that is playable on a US Blu Ray player?

Is it me, or does the audience in the "One Million Demons" clip seem depressingly small for a band as great as IQ?

Anyway, the lads sound great as always, if I had a job I would totally buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    Is it me, or does the audience in the "One Million Demons" clip seem depressingly small for a band as great as IQ?
    Their live audiences are usually depressingly small, though they tend to only play in the UK and small European countries like Holland.

That said, who knows what the deal was for that particular gig? Maybe they booked the camera crew but then a nasty storm hit and half the ticket buyers decided to stay home? Shit like that has happened to them before.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroProg View Post
    I have never purchased a Blu Ray DVD from the UK. What is the likelihood that there will be a version that is playable on a US Blu Ray player?
    a) A Blu-Ray is not a DVD.
    b) The one disk PROBABLY works in the UK and US (and others) but I recommend buying from a US vendor like Wayside or Laser's Edge that will let you know if it won't work on all players.

It is the fourth DVD by IQ filmed in The Boerderij. The capacity of the venue is 750.

We will have it on our site on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    a) A Blu-Ray is not a DVD.
    b) The one disk PROBABLY works in the UK and US (and others) but I recommend buying from a US vendor like Wayside or Laser's Edge that will let you know if it won't work on all players.
    The Blu-Ray sold by my favorite vendor (Burning Shed) is all-regions. It has been confirmed by the support team.

Just love these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Just love these guys!
    That Mike Holmes -- always entertaining!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    The Blu-Ray sold by my favorite vendor (Burning Shed) is all-regions. It has been confirmed by the support team.
    I should have shut my mouth about this item being sold at Burning Shed, I didn't have the chance to order it, so now it's out of stock!!!

My copy purchased from GEP is marked both ABC and 0, while the 5.1 sound is perfect there is no video signal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    My copy purchased from GEP is marked both ABC and 0, while the 5.1 sound is perfect there is no video signal at all.
    It was filmed at 25fps and is incompatible with certain brand machines, particularly older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    It was filmed at 25fps and is incompatible with certain brand machines, particularly older ones.
    There is only one supplier that put a disclaimer on this product because of that incompatibility issue if this product doesn't play on my player I expect a refund.

Well, you finally got me to put it in my player. Plays great on my $600 OPPO. Outstanding in fact.

Ok, 1 blu-ray play later.....damn. I only wanted to test the disc and ended up watching the whole thing. Highly recommended, but I guess you may need to be wary of incompatibilities.
    Last edited by Jimmy Giant; 01-24-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: got sucked in again!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

There is only one supplier that put a disclaimer on this product because of that incompatibility issue if this product doesn't play on my player I expect a refund.
    So do I but GEP is silent despite multiple e-mails.

I don't quite understand why use a technology that is guaranteed to not work on some players?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    So do I but GEP is silent despite multiple e-mails.

I don't quite understand why use a technology that is guaranteed to not work on some players?
    This problem occurs first with the Big Big Train Blu-Ray months ago when they realize that some US customers weren't able to read the disk. It looks like the problem affects those who have older players. see here :

http://www.bigbigtrain.com/Stone_And...l_Briefing.pdf

This problem occurs first with the Big Big Train Blu-Ray months ago when they realize that some US customers weren't able to read the disk. It looks like the problem affects those who have older players. see here :

http://www.bigbigtrain.com/Stone_And...l_Briefing.pdf
    Uh oh, I have that disk, uhh...

<<This problem occurs first with the Big Big Train Blu-Ray months ago when they realize that some US customers weren't able to read the disk. It looks like the problem affects those who have older players. see here :

http://www.bigbigtrain.com/Stone_And...l_Briefing.pdf >>

It happened with lots of BD releases before that. I agree it seems to be because of fundamental flaws in the technology -- never happens with DVDs as far as I know. Frustrating for vendors too I'm sure.

Ember
    Strange that some European companies seem able to avoid this problem.

My old reliable Oppo BDP-80 (2010) plays the IQ (and BBT) Blu-rays flawlessly. I have a Sony BDP-590 (from 2013) that both discs crap out on.

As with the BBT disc, it's more complicated than the age of the player. There is evidence that these discs will fail on all Sony players, regardless of age. It is likely they will play on all Oppo players. At least one person with an older Panasonic had success with the BBT title. It's more a queston of whether the engineers were trying for a "universal" player when they designed it.

I have not made it all the way through the IQ disc yet, but the surround audio mix is very well done -- extremely clear, each player very distinct, with an intimate, close-up surround effect that's enveloping without being artificial. The audience is behind you, but the band is arrayed in a surt of U shape. Video is clean and stable and rationally shot.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

My old reliable Oppo BDP-80 (2010) plays the IQ (and BBT) Blu-rays flawlessly. I have a Sony BDP-590 (from 2013) that both discs crap out on.

As with the BBT disc, it's more complicated than the age of the player. There is evidence that these discs will fail on all Sony players, regardless of age. It is likely they will play on all Oppo players. At least one person with an older Panasonic had success with the BBT title. It's more a queston of whether the engineers were trying for a "universal" player when they designed it.

I have not made it all the way through the IQ disc yet, but the surround audio mix is very well done -- extremely clear, each player very distinct, with an intimate, close-up surround effect that's enveloping without being artificial. The audience is behind you, but the band is arrayed in a surt of U shape. Video is clean and stable and rationally shot.
    Do you have many drops in the sound in the IQ disk?

Orcopian
    I have a fairly average Sony blu ray player that is at least 5 years old and it plays this new iq disc, the bbt bu Ray and also the most recent yes blu Ray remasters absolutely fine- these are all discs that have been reported to have had problems playing on older players especially Sony. I'm no expert but it seems to me that the issues are more about international regions than the make of player? I also have a cheap toshiba blu Ray that plays all these discs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

My player with no video for IQ is a 2012 Panasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    I'm no expert but it seems to me that the issues are more about international regions than the make of player?
    Isn't Region 0 supposed to work in players from all regions?

BarryLI & possibly others: Be sure to check if your player has the latest firmware. I have a older Panasonic player (2010) and it plays the BBT BluRay & others mentioned
    with no problems. I downloaded & updated the firmware on my player about two years ago. It takes some minimal effort, but it's a lot cheaper than buying a new player.