Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Prog issue with Sean

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    So, they decided to deprive the only customer they had. I'd never buy anything from that FYE again!
    Exactly what I was thinking!

As to the price debate above, my two cents: first off, Brit mags rule...not full of those blow-in cards, big hi-quality pics, tons of material.

It takes me several weeks to read everything through. It's worth it to me.

American mags are no comparison.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Is there any way to purchase issues online in electronic format without owning an iPad or iPhone? I've got a PC and a droid phone - would love to pay for this issue and read it online as it's nowhere to be found in the local shops.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    Is there any way to purchase issues online in electronic format without owning an iPad or iPhone? I've got a PC and a droid phone - would love to pay for this issue and read it online as it's nowhere to be found in the local shops.
    I think it's only available for iPads and iPhones, but I could be wrong, perhaps they've made it available for other devices recently. I used to have an iPhone and would buy the download versions but when I switched to a droid phone, that was the end of it.

I do occasionally buy issues via my girlfriend's iPad.

Edited: Super cool to have Sean and his record collection featured! Hoping it translates to more people coming here to hang out.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    I downloaded it onto my Nook so it is available in other formats.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Borrowed, no, those are all mine. When it came time to put the albums up it was such a hurry no thought was given to the order. I picked them more based on looks.
    I would have completely obsessed over this.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I haven't sean it.

The new issue arrived in my mailbox today (Steven Wilson/raven cover). I'm actually not quite done the 'Sean' issue (as it shall ever be known) yet! Subscription to this mag really is the way to go, if you're like me and want every issue. No trying to find it, no fuss, and very little waiting IMO. Seems to arrive much quicker than it does to the stores.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I downloaded it onto my Nook so it is available in other formats.
    Cool, thanks. I grabbed the Nook app for PC and snagged the Steven Wilson issue today. Shame they don't offer back issues.

The Steven Wilson article was pretty cool. I'm not the hugest fan of his, but I really respect how he does things. I was once the songwriter for a band where all my bandmates were far better musicians, so I really respect Wilson.

Nice little article on Glass Hammer as well.

I know I'm late to the party but I finally got my hands on this issue. GREAT story and picture, Sean! Way to represent! Loved it.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

I finally got a copy yesterday (now my son buys them and gives them to me w/he's read it (a role reversal from before). Great article and as previously mentioned, nice photo, Sean!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks! It was nice to be asked.