Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Carrie Fisher

RIP Carrie. Was hoping you'd pull through.

Just heard this on the news. I'm speechless. RIP Princess Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    She wrote both the book & co-wrote the screenplay for the (somewhat autobiographical) film Postcards From The Edge w/Meryl Streep & Shirley McLaine.
    She was asked why she didn't play the lead in the movie, and she "because I've already played her".

Of course, for me, besides the original Star Wars trilogy, I remember her in The Blues Brothers, playing Jake's ex-fiancee, who spends the entire movie trying to kill both him and Elwood.

I remember seeing an interview with her, where she talked about the slave girl outfit she wore in Return Of The Jedi, saying that if you stood behind her and looked over her shoulder, you could see everything!

Such sad news, RIP. Was wondering what long term damage the heart attack on a plane would have left. Forgot about her marriage to Paul Simon, what a full and interesting life she led and hope she had some happiness in the end.

RIP.

She was a talented writer and very funny, as well as being immortalized as Princess Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with her, where she talked about the slave girl outfit she wore in Return Of The Jedi, saying that if you stood behind her and looked over her shoulder, you could see everything!
    In her one-woman show that she put on a few years back, she recounted a very funny story about a trip to Japan where she ran across an "anatomically correct" statue of Princess Leia in a very provocative post in the slave girl outfit.

She was great in her supporting role in "When Harry Met Sally".

Still saddened by the news...
    Last edited by Brave73; 12-27-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    She wrote both the book & co-wrote the screenplay for the (somewhat autobiographical) film Postcards From The Edge w/Meryl Streep & Shirley McLaine.
    She was doing a book tour for her latest The Princess Diarist, an autobiographical account of her life during the making of the original Star Wars trilogy. In it she reveals an affair that she had with Harrison Ford. She sent a copy of the manuscript to Ford before publishing and gave him a chance to veto it but he never responded. As I recall, from reading the Guardian a week ago.

She had some rough going, tough as nails. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    She was asked why she didn't play the lead in the movie, and she "because I've already played her".

Of course, for me, besides the original Star Wars trilogy, I remember her in The Blues Brothers, playing Jake's ex-fiancee, who spends the entire movie trying to kill both him and Elwood.

Well sure, her outfit was designed that way for Jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    She was a talented writer and very funny
    Which of her books is recommended?
    • The Princess Diarist
    • Postcards from the Edge
    • Shockaholic
    • Wishful Drinking
    • The Best Awful
    • Surrender The Pink

RIP. That metal bikini rocked! .

Didn't know her mom was still living. Sad situation for mom.

I'll always remeber her as the scorned woman who couldn't kill her ex with dynamite or a machine gun in a sewer tunnel. World's worst shot!

WOW! Be careful what you say. Steve Martin got slammed on Twitter for saying she was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen when he was a young man. He also sid it turned out she was bright and witty as well. Some women definitely have issues if they think he meant that most pretty women are stupid.

Debbie Reynolds rushed to the hospital after possibly suffering a stroke while planning her daughter's funeral.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/debbi...-share-vulture

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I'll always remeber her as the scorned woman who couldn't kill her ex with dynamite or a machine gun in a sewer tunnel. World's worst shot!
    Dynomite, a flame thrower, a shoulder mounted missile launcher, and a machine gun, I believe are the weapons "Mystery Woman" (that's how she's listed in the credits) in her failed attempts to dispatch Jake and Elwood. And the only reason the machine gun ambush in the sewer tunnel under the Palace Hotel Ballroom is because Jake took of his shades (only time he does in the entire movie, btw) and gives her the "puppy dog eyes", causing her to melt into his arms.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Debbie Reynolds rushed to the hospital after possibly suffering a stroke while planning her daughter's funeral.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/debbi...-share-vulture
    http://abc7ny.com/entertainment/actr...ports/1676897/
    **When reached for comment, Reynolds' son, Todd Fisher said she was 'not ok.'**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    WOW! Be careful what you say. Steve Martin got slammed on Twitter for saying she was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen when he was a young man. He also sid it turned out she was bright and witty as well. Some women definitely have issues if they think he meant that most pretty women are stupid.
    PE and Twitter are two different things.

Wow, I have to admit that's actually rather funny in a dark sort of way.

DEBBIE REYNOLDS DEAD AT 84

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/12/28...reynolds-dead/

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

The shock of losing her daughter unexpectedly was just too much.

2016 has sucked for so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Crazy.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

She will be greatly missed. I loved her personality during interviews. Particularly when she was very young on film being interviewed over the successful Star Wars. She came across like a gentle spirit, yet displayed determination justifying right from wrong. I remember when she played the nagging housewife to Tom Hanks in "The Burbs" which mastered the ultimate role with her deadpan humour and sarcastic facial expressions. She had something truly special . Something about her presence held my interest. For example, when Dennis Hopper or Jack Nicholson took the role of a villian it was strikingly funny just because they were the ones doing it. She seemed to have that impressionable quality.