Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROCK IN OPPOSITION FRANCE FESTIVAL - 15-16-17 SEPT 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    what's that "thing" in your avatar, Deb??
    My avatar is a photo of a (large) set of iron bells on a plaster wall at Spilberk Castle, Brno, Czech Republic (2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    My avatar is a photo of a (large) set of iron bells on a plaster wall at Spilberk Castle, Brno, Czech Republic (2012).
    I figured it was a rack of bells, but I thought it was on the floor (resting on the bottom of the bells)
    Last edited by Trane; 03-13-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I guess they are loud and can be heard from a long distance...

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

Big Bells Rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    what's that "thing" in your avatar, Deb??

Another thing is to (try to) find a hotel in Carmaux itself and maybe rent bikes...

Or find a Gites de France in one of those nearby medieval villages, but then you'll have to rent a car, IMHO
    We are coming up from Toulouse by rental car and looking for something for four of us near to the show. Is there a problem with a car in the area, or just an expense?
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just an expense, I hire a car from Toulouse every year.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Anyone planning on going to Freakshow the week after?
    Poil / PiNiol alone are worth the price of admission for me...

I agree, but can't make the logistics work, I'd love to see PinioL
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I really don't get it why were PinioL left out of the RIO lineup this year - they are a natural choice - they create a big climax ,and you don't need to fly them from North America

Completely agree !! It would have been a highlight for the festival
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    I really don't get it why were PinioL left out of the RIO lineup this year - they are a natural choice - they create a big climax ,and you don't need to fly them from North America
    Prehaps they have an unspoken agreement to divide the highlights between festivals, sort of like the agreements between AMD and Intel

Lets see
    Faust for the 3rd time
    Aranis for the 4th
    Guapo for the 4th
    Miriodor2nd
    Cheer for the 2nd

I don't get it

Magma/Vander and UZ/Present for 350th time throughout their short history (OK, not for this year), but no Soleil Zeuhl groups (not that I remember anyways)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Lets see
    Faust for the 3rd time
    Aranis for the 4th
    Guapo for the 4th
    Miriodor2nd
    Cheer for the 2nd

I don't get it
    You forgot le Silo for the 2nd time.

I don't get it either.

Sent fra min Moto G Play via Tapatalk

Neither do I, but I'm still looking forward to it as I like all those bands, I haven't seen any of them more than twice, and I'd happily see them multiple times if they happened to tour through my area. Magma, Univers Zero & Present seem to have been there much more regularly and I'd happily see both UZ & Present whenever possible. Are there several bands I'd love to see there?, yes. The scene is vibrant at the moment so there should be plenty of bands available. The real miss for me is PoiL & Piniol.
    Ian

Lets see
    Faust for the 3rd time
    Aranis for the 4th
    Guapo for the 4th
    Miriodor2nd
    Cheer for the 2nd

I don't get it
    While these are all great acts (and I'd love to see Cheer and Miriodor and Guapo espec), the question is begged. Presumably a challenge of comunications/promotions towards "unacquainted" names out there, coupled with cutbacks in finances and staff or portfolio?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Off the top of my head how about

Unit Wail
    PinioL
    Scherzoo
    Sonar
    Schnellertollermeier
    Nik Bartsch
    Ahleuchatistas
    Free Salamander Exhibit
    Vezhlivy Otkaz
    Ill Wicker
    Setna
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    While these are all great acts (and I'd love to see Cheer and Miriodor and Guapo espec), the question is begged. Presumably a challenge of comunications/promotions towards "unacquainted" names out there, coupled with cutbacks in finances and staff or portfolio?
    At least 2 of these bands are from America
    dunno I hope its not about stagnation
    I felt I had much influence on selecting the line up of 2015 which I thought was utterly fantastic
    but from then onward I seem to be ignored

2015 is my second favourite RIO (after 2010 which was a great combination of bucket list bands with new and mind opening bands)

2015 was a great mix of old and new, hard to top that, 2010 is the one I regret missing, superb line-up but I couldn't make the logistics work. I also liked 2013 a lot as it was helped by the Soleil Zeuhl festival in Paris 2 days earlier. Made for a wonderful week.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    2015 was a great mix of old and new, hard to top that, 2010 is the one I regret missing, superb line-up but I couldn't make the logistics work. I also liked 2013 a lot as it was helped by the Soleil Zeuhl festival in Paris 2 days earlier. Made for a wonderful week.
    Ha, forgot about that one, also I really liked last one but mainly for the godfather experience
    All in all I am thankful for any such event, as there is no other festival that offers such a large variety of bands that all appeal to me, and with a like-minded crowd, so I can muster the occasional repetition of bands here and there...

It's actually the 10th anniversary edition and Michel Besset wants to make a best of the last editions plus personal favorites, one advantage of being the creator of such a festival.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I hope they eventually bring Polymorphie, my favorite of the Lyon bands. That would be a no-brainer for me.

hello guys
    Who is planing to combine this with Wurzburg ?