Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank You Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Only remember to properly entitle the quote, OK?
    Of course....this quote attribution should raise some eyebrows on facebook....

neil

Just started listening to "Strange Heads Prevail" based on this thread. Love the mix of horns, violin, heavy guitar (at times). These guys are excellent, and I can imagine they must be killer live.

Love to hear that they are attracting a younger crowd - love that this kind of music is reaching a younger audience. I have recently also gotten into Tauk through hearing their stuff on the JamOn station on Satellite radio. Love discovering bands that really make an impression.

I hope to catch them live someday.

Quote Originally Posted by eporter66 View Post
    Just started listening to "Strange Heads Prevail" based on this thread. Love the mix of horns, violin, heavy guitar (at times). These guys are excellent, and I can imagine they must be killer live.

Love to hear that they are attracting a younger crowd - love that this kind of music is reaching a younger audience. I have recently also gotten into Tauk through hearing their stuff on the JamOn station on Satellite radio. Love discovering bands that really make an impression.

I hope to catch them live someday.

neil

Got "Maps of Non-Existent Places" last week, so been wearing it out. I think "Blood on the Radio" is now my fav by them. I think I like this overall equally with "Stranger Heads Prevail" but there are I few things I esp. like about this one like the electric violin being featured much more, and more prominent in the mix. It seems absent from most of SHP. Don't know if its not there or lost in the mix. Both are pretty equally great though.

<sig out of order>

New album coming out in a couple of weeks along with a U.S. tour. I am seeing them in Grand Rapids Michigan in Mid June along with Bent Knee and Entransient. Going to be one hell of a triple bill!

Quote Originally Posted by YESHEAD777 View Post
    Got "Maps of Non-Existent Places" last week, so been wearing it out. I think "Blood on the Radio" is now my fav by them. I think I like this overall equally with "Stranger Heads Prevail" but there are I few things I esp. like about this one like the electric violin being featured much more, and more prominent in the mix. It seems absent from most of SHP. Don't know if its not there or lost in the mix. Both are pretty equally great though.
    I think it's maybe used as a sort of "section" with the guitar, the way the trumpet is with the sax. Or, as a top voice in the horn section, rather than a thing in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    New album coming out in a couple of weeks along with a U.S. tour. I am seeing them in Grand Rapids Michigan in Mid June along with Bent Knee and Entransient. Going to be one hell of a triple bill!
    Absolutely! I'm seeing them a few days later in Indy with Rich and "Melvin".

<sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Absolutely! I'm seeing them a few days later in Indy with Rich and "Melvin".
    I am sure you guys will have no fun at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Scro

IMO, their greatness is really revealed when you see them perform...
    Exactly, this band is flawless, and they are also full of energy, and all without the pretense. I brought my 35 year son with me, and he loved it, enough so that he bought a Stranger Heads cd and got an autograph from Mr. Monda. I have now seen them twice, this last time with Reign of Kindo and In the Presence of Wolves, both these bands also put on great shows, so much so, that TYS felt the need to give creedence to both bands during their set. I absolute love this band, looking forward to the new one soon.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    We get very low level of prog in Ottawa but Thank You Scientist is playing on June 8th. Same day as my marriage! Don't think I'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    We get very low level of prog in Ottawa but Thank You Scientist is playing on June 8th. Same day as my marriage! Don't think I'll see it.
    Oh come on now, Greg. Take everyone at the reception, to the show. Make a night of it! Ha. Congratulations, my friend.

neil
    Last edited by boilk; 05-28-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Perfect opportunity to see if she's serious about the whole marriage thing.
    <sig out of order>