Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adrian Belew 2017 US Tour Dates

How long did he play??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Tonight in Fairfield...Looking forward to this! I think he's better off out of KC.

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    How long did he play??
    It was a bit under 2 hours with a set break, and would have been longer if not for the curfew. Based on the posted setlists so far we missed two songs in Sellersville, but with how great it was I can't really complain.

Got my tickets for Buffalo at The Tralf!! Looking forward to the show and to hopefully picking up Julie Slick's latest disc. Going to be a great night.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    Got my tickets for Buffalo at The Tralf!! Looking forward to the show and to hopefully picking up Julie Slick's latest disc. Going to be a great night.
    They do have it at the merch table

^Echotest or a new solo album? If the latter, I missed that somehow.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I thought Echotest was her new one...lol

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I thought Echotest was her new one...lol

I thought it was, too. But it's more of a band effort (vox and everything). It's good, and you'll easily feel at home if you liked her solo albums. They've got a live album from last year with Mastelotto on drums. I imagine that'd be worth getting (in fact I'm ordering it right now).

https://julieslick.bandcamp.com/albu...ficial-bootleg

Got tickets for May 6th...Ardmore....woooohoooo

I'm seeing him the night before in Carrboro! That's quite a drive from NC to PA in one day. I did it last year when I went to Pittsburgh and saw Pere Ubu. There's a lot of West Virginia on that drive . . .

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I'm seeing him the night before in Carrboro! That's quite a drive from NC to PA in one day. I did it last year when I went to Pittsburgh and saw Pere Ubu. There's a lot of West Virginia on that drive . . .
    That's what I noticed when I used to drive from Cincinnati to Durham for ProgDay. Very pretty though.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That's what I noticed when I used to drive from Cincinnati to Durham for ProgDay. Very pretty though.
    I love a scenic road trip! If I could retire now, I'd just drive around North America to different shows, and see lots of stuff, along the way.

neil

Fantastic AB show last night. It's been 20 years since I last saw him and had never seen the trio. Unbelievably great musicians and I really like the setlist they put together for this.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I thought it was, too. But it's more of a band effort (vox and everything). It's good, and you'll easily feel at home if you liked her solo albums. They've got a live album from last year with Mastelotto on drums. I imagine that'd be worth getting (in fact I'm ordering it right now).

https://julieslick.bandcamp.com/albu...ficial-bootleg

Yep, Echo Test is the one I was thinking of.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Ade's trio at Daryl's house a few night's ago-

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Julie's Band Live from Ardmore Music Hall, Philly in Jan

they crushed it in SF last night. while I am sad he is not in KC now I get to see em both so even better!

The wife and I saw the ABPT last night in Kansas City. They were really on fire and having so much fun. Do not miss this show if you have the chance to go!

Seems they have an unofficial Philly-area live videographer.

I'll have to give those viddys some attention later. The show I saw in Carrboro was quite good. A live album from this tour would be appreciated.

I caught them at Iridium in NYC last night. If you're searching for a a shining example of a group of musicians who can masterfully teeter on the tightrope of absolute control and absolute chaos...

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-Fi Resistance View Post
    I caught them at Iridium in NYC last night. If you're searching for a a shining example of a group of musicians who can masterfully teeter on the tightrope of absolute control and absolute chaos...
    It was a great show last night! Adrian is a musician who *always* looks like he's having a blast on stage. Such a fun night!

Mike
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

Great show at The Egg. The band was really tight after a couple months of touring although I'm not really clear if that was all Tobias Ralph. Sold out show and s long one, started a bit after 8 and ended almost 11:30. The opener Saul Zonana played 30 minutes or do and the Power Trio also had a set break.
    Last edited by Wah3; 05-14-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Does anyone know anything about the session that produced the final track on Flux Vol 2? The track, "Bunny Slippers," features a full band including brass, strings and D'Virgilio on drums. Hard to believe they only recorded one song.