Thread: One of those rare moments.

One of those rare moments.

Being a teacher/musician/father of two doesn't afford me much of an opportunity to really get inspired much anymore. As a matter of fact, I have been weeding a significant amount of my music collection of what I deem to be undesirables. I went from 2000 CD's down to 1400 and 1000 Lp's down to 350. It has been a liberating and purifying experience to say the least. Anyway, I was sitting in my classroom wondering to myself if I had reached the end of my collecting(I'm sure you have all been there). It has been dark and dreary in southeast Ohio the past few days and I was really needing that "fix" that only music can provide. I happened upon Edgar Forese in a youtube search and decided to give him a try. At first glance, I was looking only for an album cover of his that looked interesting and I found it in a title called "Epsilon in Malaysian Pale". The album cover depicts a thick canopy of lush greenery(ferns) and it just spoke to me. It was the complete antithesis of how I was feeling at the time. The shimmering beauty of "Maroubra Bay" took me to a spiritual place that I had not been to in eons. As I immersed myself in the wash of mellotrons and evocative soundscapes, the sun began to gleam through the doldrums of my mind and something inside me felt rejuvenated and full of life. I know it sounds clichéd, but music can heal! The music was in and of itself an epiphany, but combined with fullness of the suns rays made such a profound impact on my current state of affairs. Thank you Mr. Froese for your beautiful music. I would also like to add how much of an impact the self titled "Quatermass" Lp and Wigwam's "Being" have renewed my faith in the healing power of music.

Froese's best solo album. I recently bought a multi-disc set of his first several albums remastered, mainly for the first two...