Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What new albums are you looking for in the next year?

Cheer-Accident

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Cheer-Accident
    +1
    The Prog Corner

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cheer-Accident
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    +1
    +2
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    +2
    You can get a new song every month from them via a subscription.... for the past three years!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

They are releasing two albums in the next 18 months on cuneiform and skin graft, they will probbaly be largely drawn from the subscription service.

I prefer albums to the song a month deal, and I prefer physical media when available to dls, so I am looking forward to the discs.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    You can get a new song every month from them via a subscription.... for the past three years!
    I was doing that & have 19 songs on my itunes. It just doesn't feel like an album to me and I feel disconnected from the music when its presented that way so I stopped subscription. Rabbit Rabbit do the same thing but then release an album of the 12 songs at the end of the year. I buy their albums that way. Yes, I'm an old grumpy Luddite.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I was doing that & have 19 songs on my itunes. It just doesn't feel like an album to me and I feel disconnected from the music when its presented that way so I stopped subscription. Rabbit Rabbit do the same thing but then release an album of the 12 songs at the end of the year. I buy their albums that way. Yes, I'm an old grumpy Luddite.
    I have been on the sub since month 2 - I love the material being put forth - but I also have a bit of a disconnect with the songs without some kind of space for them to mingle together other than my drive folder. lol I keep the sub going - this past month was a fantastic track too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    BTW, when I first heard Thank You Scientist a couple of years back, Bubblemath was one of the bands I kept thinking of. More eccentric (Such Fine Particles), but still very much of the "now" while still displaying some respect to yore.
    The new one made me think of Thank You Scientist. I don't remember the 1st one well enough to compare.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

A Formal Horse -Made in Chelsea
    One track is now up on bandcamp with the EP out end of March. Sounds just as good as the first two EPs and I love the new singer:
    https://aformalhorse.bandcamp.com/album/made-in-chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    They are releasing two albums in the next 18 months on cuneiform and skin graft,
    This pretty much saved my day! Cheer-Accident are one of my fave bands these past 10-15 years, and it's been over five since No Ifs (which was an effin' great album with friggin' horrible cover art ). Also, I'm glad to hear that Skin Graft are still (somewhat) going.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Skin Graft never stopped. They don't have quite the impeccable lineup of the 90s (Dazzling Killmen, US Maple, Luttenbachers, Melt Banana, Etc.) but they still have some quality bands like Yowie (3rd album due early this year), Doomsday Student, Child Abuse etc. They just recently released a deluxe Vinyl remaster of Face of Collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Child Abuse etc. They just recently released a deluxe Vinyl remaster of Face of Collapse.
    Child Abuse ended up on SG? The band with the world's worst yet most brilliant name - algorithm-wise? Good to hear that their music gets available, anyhow.

I'll probably come around to buying that Face of Collapse vinyl, as I've practically played my CD to death. Now that's a seminal 90s post-hardcore/progressive release in the face of the Mars Volta-generation.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Tesseract
    Flying Colors
    Pain of Salvation
    Big Wreck
    Disperse
    Tesseract? Hmmm... that'd be nice of them. But normally they take more time between releases is that wishful thinking?

Last year I heard work was up on the following
    Umpfel
    Cosmosquad
    Jean-Pierre Louveton

and yes to
    Steven Wilson

Alan Reed(ex Pallas) will release his second solo album, "Honey on the Razor's Edge" on March 14. Guests include Steve Hackett and Christina Booth. http://reddwarfrecordings.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    Tesseract? Hmmm... that'd be nice of them. But normally they take more time between releases is that wishful thinking?
    pretty sure they indicated this year for the next release. their singer indicated on Facebook all the projects of his that he expects to come out this year. Tesseract was on the list. i know they have been writing for it since last year.

I have been on the sub since month 2 - I love the material being put forth - but I also have a bit of a disconnect with the songs without some kind of space for them to mingle together other than my drive folder. lol I keep the sub going - this past month was a fantastic track too.
    I did the same, subscribe. When I got a years worth, I burned a CD and put it in the car. But I agree with everyones' sentiment that nothing, nothing beats a "real album release".
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Ritual
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Phideaux
    Isn't his day job coming to a close soon?
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

It seems that after many, many years Hermeto Paschoal is going to record and release not one - but two (!) - albums with his band.

^ Wow! The guy's - what - 80 years or so now?

Not that it matters with the standards he's upheld through the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Wow! The guy's - what - 80 years or so now?

Not that it matters with the standards he's upheld through the years...
    Yes, the releases are exactly to celebrate his 80 years. It is not clear to me whether both albums will include strictly inedit material. There is a chance that one of them will actually be an archival release.

Either way, it is a shame that his last record with his band was released in 2001/2002 (Mundo Verde Esperança, a great one by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Tuner's (Pat Mastelotto & Markus Reuter) new album called "Face" is the album I currently anticipate most.
    I used to make that a regular part of my yearly recap, but after (six? seven?) years of no news I'm not bothering anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Ritual
    Really? That would be sweet!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I used to make that a regular part of my yearly recap, but after (six? seven?) years of no news I'm not bothering anymore.
    Yeah. But now it is coming. They have announced it. Release is in March if I recall correctly.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!