Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What new albums are you looking for in the next year?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Thinking Plague can be ordered from Wayside now ahead on national release on Feb 10th

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...e-spc-421.aspx
    Thank you for the information...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Thinking Plague and White Willow come to mind. And Mike Oldfield's 'Return To Ommadawn'. Don't know what's up with the new Tony Banks, so I don't know if that's coming this year or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso;658624But now [Face
    is coming. They have announced it.
    Hot shit! I wasn't sure we'd ever actually see the day.

Jono
    Sky Architect.
    Last edited by Guess Who; 01-14-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Hot shit! I wasn't sure we'd ever actually see the day.
    tuner_face.jpg
    Here is the cover art.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Here is the cover art.
    Huh. Well, fortunately I don't follow them for the artwork.

I forget if it came up in this thread, but that new Elbow looks like my first big treat of the year.

Ayreon will release a new double album, "The Source", in April. I just hope it's better than the last one. http://www.arjenlucassen.com/ay8/

Aren't we supposed to be getting a new Albert Marcoeur album soon?

Djam Karet's new album Sonic Celluloid came out yesterday. :

https://djamkaret.bandcamp.com/album/sonic-celluloid

Richard Wileman just pre-released 50 copies of the new Karda Estra album, Infernal Spheres, on Bandcamp. This one features what looks like a horn section! I'm eagerly awaiting my copy...

There will likely be a 4th release from Jaugernaut in 2017. Dozens may yet rejoice... The motive behind this is mostly that I've been part of a release in every decade since the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Todd Rundgren's new one is supposedly a move back to rock after three EDM-focused albums, and is said to involve collaborations with other artists. (Trent Reznor has been mentioned, but nothing confirmed yet.)
    Due out in spring, with US tour dates in May - title confirmed as "White Knight".

Quote Originally Posted by M Sary View Post
    French TV #12 [title TBA] has all drums, bass, guitars [except for 1 tune] completed; keys to be finished by Feb. Looking forward to PE'ers mild interest.
    Keyboards have been recorded; mixing has begun. The keys were done by none other than Patrick Strawser, formerly of the late, great U.S. prog band Volare. French TV #12 [working title "If I had To Do It All Over Again, I'd Have Written More Make-Out Songs"] should be out early May.

Due out in spring, with US tour dates in May - title confirmed as "White Knight".
    Oh man, awesome!

this has this PE'ers mild interest... with money in hand

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

The Musuckl Cox - entire Genesis catalog! Done exactly/precisely identical to the originals, including the covers and production values and the tiniest detail of the singer's timbre! Even the register numbers of each copy are the same, hell they even got hold of a spare stock of that original metal pin used in the back of The Lamb foldout! And that singer wore a flowerpot on his skull during recording, so as to get into character! In addition to this unfathomably impressive achievement (it's incredible!), they have also recorded Foxtrot a second time which replicates the exact changes Steven Wilson made to the mix.

Still says 'The Musuckl Cox' on those sleeves (for contractual reasons), but hey - we can forget about that while listening.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Haven't heard any updates from Frank re: Happy the Man / Oblivion Sun / Pedal Giant Animals project.. It would be nice to see this come to light this year.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Oblivion Sun
    This would indeed be very welcome. I got The High Places on vinyl and really enjoy that one.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

French TV #12 [working title "If I had To Do It All Over Again, I'd Have Written More Make-Out Songs"] should be out early May.
    Now that's a title!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Tony Iommi with Tony Martin
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

KARNIVOOL!!!

French TV #12 [working title "If I had To Do It All Over Again, I'd Have Written More Make-Out Songs"] should be out early May.
    That is a great title.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    This would indeed be very welcome. I got The High Places on vinyl and really enjoy that one.
    Ah, I don't have The High Places, but their self-titled debut is quite nice!

Need to get the second one...

Todd Rundgren's new one is supposedly a move back to rock after three EDM-focused albums, and is said to involve collaborations with other artists. (Trent Reznor has been mentioned, but nothing confirmed yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Oh man, awesome!
    Amen!

Ad Infinitum - II.
    Touchstone (featuring new line-up).
    Last edited by Guess Who; 02-23-2017 at 01:09 AM.