Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric RTF in NYC; Chick & Mahavishnu John w/Wooten & White this weekend.

Not sure which Amex cards you can use I have the gold premiere rewards. When the tickets go on sale each show has a limited number of preferred seats available until they sell out.

Thx for the videos

This shit is For The Ages. You all realize that, right? Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

We probably had the worst seats in the house last night, all the way in the back corner, and we arrived an hour before the show. Couldn't see the players at all, pretty much. Thanks for posting these video's because the show sounded far different without being able to see them play.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post

Having seen both MO and RTF in the 70s, I would go out on a limb and say yes! Wooten is the icing on the cake as well!

Lot of clips now available...
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Yep, the bit I watched was very good indeed.

Amazing show last night. Since it was Chick's actual bday they had two guest. Bela Fleck came on for a song and Ms. Corea (who Chick mention is the only one who played in both bands (RTF and MO), came up and sang.
    Great to see John and Chick playing off each other.

Quote Originally Posted by hightea View Post
    Amazing show last night. Since it was Chick's actual bday they had two guest. Bela Fleck came on for a song and Ms. Corea (who Chick mention is the only one who played in both bands (RTF and MO), came up and sang.
    Great to see John and Chick playing off each other.
    LOL. Mrs. Corea was passed from McLaughlin to Chick. Sad to say that, such as it is, she is the prototypical "cult hopper". This phenomenon is more common than anyone thinks.

Gayle Moran Corea.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Gail closed out the Saturday night late show. She still has an amazing voice.

"...then had the band do the ending twice over to get it right for the machines recording the night for a live album."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...in-nyc-w455540

http://chickcorea.com/blog/albums/ch.../#.WmTeDainGM8

New Chick Corea and Steve Gadd album called Chinese Butterfly.

17+ minute tune called "Return to Forever":

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Well, sounds like a remake of the tune from the 1st (ECM) RTF album...

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Chick and John and Lenny AND Vic? I'd have to wear a diaper!
    Some people on here probably do. Sounds like a super duper lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Well, sounds like a remake of the tune from the 1st (ECM) RTF album...
    It is. Here's the press release -

Chick's new album Chinese Butterfly is out today!

Chick and Steve Gadd went into the studio with nothing but a couple ideas, and forty years of musical kinship.

You need to hear what they came out with — a nonstop musical rush, full of joy and beauty.

Featuring six brand-new Chick tunes, plus "Chick's Chums" composed by John McLaughlin, and a phenomenal new take on the Corea classic "Return to Forever."

The great Lionel Loueke is on guitar, sax and flute courtesy of Steve Wilson, Carlitos Del Puerto on bass and Luisito Quintero on percussion. Guest vocals by none other than Philip Bailey on "Return to Forever."
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    It is. Here's the press release -

Chick's new album Chinese Butterfly is out today!

Chick and Steve Gadd went into the studio with nothing but a couple ideas, and forty years of musical kinship.

You need to hear what they came out with — a nonstop musical rush, full of joy and beauty.

Featuring six brand-new Chick tunes, plus "Chick's Chums" composed by John McLaughlin, and a phenomenal new take on the Corea classic "Return to Forever."

The great Lionel Loueke is on guitar, sax and flute courtesy of Steve Wilson, Carlitos Del Puerto on bass and Luisito Quintero on percussion. Guest vocals by none other than Philip Bailey on "Return to Forever."
    Sounds like an easy lover to me.