Thread: Opera browser blocking PE as malicious site

Opera browser blocking PE as malicious site

Opera just upgraded its browser today and it blocks PE as malicious and harmful to my computer - I went to Safari to see if it is blocked there and it isn't.
    Anyone else have a similar problem today?

I experienced it too with Opera.
    It seems due to cooperation with a company that tracks malicious sites. And obviously they are wrong.
    No warnings in Firefox, Chrome or Edge or by Malwarebytes.org.

Same problem here

Just ignore. Then you are on as usual. It remembers your choice.

btw Opera is an excellent browser !

You're right - clicked ignore and got in - not so sure about Opera using a Russian service to block sites - but then again who would know better than them about malicious sites - especially sites dealing with that socially destructive western prog music.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    ....not so sure about Opera using a Russian service to block sites - but then again who would know better than them about malicious sites - especially sites dealing with that socially destructive western prog music.
    Maybe I shouldn't say this....

But it might have more to do with the "Progressive" part of PE's title: "Progressives" is a common US name for political liberals, AKA Democrats. And any Russian with any sense has to be constantly aware which way the political wind is blowing, and has to know just who happens to be bestest friends ever with Vladimir Putin, and also quite an admirer of Mr. Putin's tactics when it comes to solving annoying problems. And who, thus, is someone any good Russian should help out in any way possible. Which might lead them to conclude that a "Progressive" site is something that needs to be shut down, or at the very least given some help in dying by attrition.
    Last edited by Baribrotzer; 11-26-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't say this....

But it might have more to do with the "Progressive" part of PE's title: "Progressives" is a common US name for political liberals, AKA Democrats. And any Russian with any sense has to be constantly aware which way the political wind is blowing, and has to know just who happens to be bestest friends ever with Vladimir Putin, and also quite an admirer of Mr. Putin's tactics when it comes to solving annoying problems. And who, thus, is someone any good Russian should help out in any way possible. Which might lead them to conclude that a "Progressive" site is something that needs to be shut down, or at the very least given some help in dying by attrition.
    Noting wrong with saying it, but apparently you have soaked up the rhetoric of the neoMcCarthy left. Hopefully, what happened to John Nash doesn't happen to you. If there is a problem with Russia, its the same problem that US has when it alienates the extremely intelligent. Hence there are rogue forces in Russia, and maybe disguised as state actors, or in fact are state workers, but acting independently of the state.

We have to interface with, and not alienate Russia. If one's agenda believes all boys are bad, then I doubt that diplomacy would be possible.

Opera against prog?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've seen all kinds of sites blocked at work by the services they subscribe to. There's often no discernible reason.

I agree with Opera.PE is a delicious site.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer
    You're not saying this seriously, are you? Sounds *exactly* like some conspiracy theories that we hear over here from populist anti-American ignorames, only in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    the rhetoric of the neoMcCarthy left.
    Michelle Bachmann calls for an investigation of all members of Congress to root out "anti-American" members, and in her book 'Treason', Ann Coulter advocates for Joe McCarthy and what he did, claiming he was the victim of a witch hunt and calls him her "hero." But it's the Left that's "Neo-McCarthy?"

It must be something to see the world through Conservative eyes. A bit like looking at a funhouse mirror, I imagine.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It must be something to see the world through Conservative eyes.
    Who are all the clenched-anus fuckheads 'unfriending' people or threatening to fire people based on who they voted for these days?

Hmmm....based on the tenor of this thread one wonders if this site indeed is malicious.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Hmmm....based on the tenor of this thread one wonders if this site indeed is malicious.
    Yep!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Because the RIP Fidel Castro thread was closed before I could post to it:

Sleep now, sweet Fidel...
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-27-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Who are all the clenched-anus fuckheads 'unfriending' people or threatening to fire people based on who they voted for these days?
    Well, that is pathetic, but it's not the same thing as "Neo-McCarthy," so a different subject really. Anyway, I'm not interested in debating politics, I was just pointing out the ludicrous incongruity of the statement I quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    We have to interface with, and not alienate Russia. If one's agenda believes all boys are bad, then I doubt that diplomacy would be possible.
    This

I have met quite a few Russians and loved them all (not to mention being crazy about Prokofiev and Rachmaninov). And not to get too political,... but it seems to me that the pendulum is swinging male again (conservative, republican etc) just like it did in the 80s. For any disgruntleds out there... just wait, Yin will be in season again (after Yang runs it's course).
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Oh FFS!

Keep politix T F off the PE site.

Thread closed.

Regarding the original point of this thread - I will investigate...
    Regards,

Duncan