Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John Wetton’s health (withdrawal from “Excalibur”)

JW made public his cancer shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer. The coincidence drove home, as if I really needed it, the fact that I was being poisoned by a disease that could end my life long before I was ready to shirk this mortal coil. About a month later I was attending a concert by Colin Hay & he announced that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Sheesh! I felt like it was hitting me on all sides. I am very fortunate that my surgery & chemoRx has controlled it. However, I've lost about 30 pounds I didn't need to lose, & my strength & stamina has suffered considerably. But I'm still here. I've a follow up next week. Fingers are crossed.
    I feel for Mr. Wetton & for his family. If wishes truly had the power to heal then he's well on the road to a full recovery. My very best thoughts are traveling your way.

On a side note, I saw Colin Hay again in concert within the past 2 weeks. At the meet & greet he remembered me & asked about my health. Wow! When all was said he gave me a hug. I'm not ashamed to say that I nearly burst into tears. My last statement to him was that his gesture meant more to me than he knew.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    JW made public his cancer shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer. The coincidence drove home, as if I really needed it, the fact that I was being poisoned by a disease that could end my life long before I was ready to shirk this mortal coil. About a month later I was attending a concert by Colin Hay & he announced that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Sheesh! I felt like it was hitting me on all sides. I am very fortunate that my surgery & chemoRx has controlled it. However, I've lost about 30 pounds I didn't need to lose, & my strength & stamina has suffered considerably. But I'm still here. I've a follow up next week. Fingers are crossed.
    I feel for Mr. Wetton & for his family. If wishes truly had the power to heal then he's well on the road to a full recovery. My very best thoughts are traveling your way.

On a side note, I saw Colin Hay again in concert within the past 2 weeks. At the meet & greet he remembered me & asked about my health. Wow! When all was said he gave me a hug. I'm not ashamed to say that I nearly burst into tears. My last statement to him was that his gesture meant more to me than he knew.

peace and health to you Casey!
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Dedatolo View Post
    Dear John,

I don't care about the gossip about your health, I hope for a miracle or for just the medicines to work. If you happen to be reading this, thank you very, very much for your ART and for the dreams you made possible to many of us. I'm this person because of the music I've listened to for more than 40 yeas and you are a BIG, BIG part of it. For this reason I can only say Thank You, your life is important and makes/made people resonate.

Andrea
    Italy
    Certainly Amen to that!!!

Wow... I had no idea. I'm sorry.

Wishing you the best. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I think it does. It very much does resemble a 67-year old British gentleman worn out and weary from battling this terrible disease. And it's a fine and telling pic, I think. Which is probably why he wanted it up there.

Of course there's ground for concern as to his facial expression - which again bears meaning to its posting, I suspect. But this is ageing and struggling - and doing both with a sense of visual and hopefully mental dignity. All the best to him and his dearest.
    Somehow, I don't think you saw the pic I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedatolo View Post
    Dear John,

I don't care about the gossip about your health, I hope for a miracle or for just the medicines to work. If you happen to be reading this, thank you very, very much for your ART and for the dreams you made possible to many of us. I'm this person because of the music I've listened to for more than 40 yeas and you are a BIG, BIG part of it. For this reason I can only say Thank You, your life is important and makes/made people resonate.

Andrea
    Italy

But I'm still here. I've a follow up next week. Fingers are crossed.
    Wishing you all the best, Casey. Stay strong, buddy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I must say it was pretty hard to see JW looking so wan and gaunt, I can only send my very best wishes that his health recovers. It is a merciless disease as we all know, there can't be one person here not touched by it in some way.

Best wishes to your health and you!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I don't think you saw the pic I was referring to.
    Hm.

Yes, I did. He looks like himself being horribly ill.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Sorry you're having to deal with this Casey. All the best thoughts forward.

Did JW just get married? Like yesterday? May have been an older story I read. Will check.
    Still alive and well...

Some of you still need to understand that there are many different kinds of cancers and being told you have cancer is not a death sentence.
    More and more people are being cured from it every day. There are two people that are close to me who have survived it over 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    Some of you still need to understand that there are many different kinds of cancers and being told you have cancer is not a death sentence.
    More and more people are being cured from it every day. There are two people that are close to me who have survived it over 25 years.
    Yes, this is very true (and I know from personal experience, 10 years now myself). My concern about John Wetton (I've been following him on Twitter since before this all started) is that he didn't catch it early, it seems to have spread, he's had at least 13 rounds of chemo and some form of radiation therapy (from what I can tell it's typically performed in cases that have spread to the brain). Sepsis is extremely serious in and of itself. I'm only going on the limited information that he's made available on Twitter and it's complete speculation, but I'm very concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Did JW just get married? Like yesterday? May have been an older story I read. Will check.
    Yes, within the last few days.

extending my very best wishes to you as well. we are having a cancer situation in our closest circle of friends and while things are said to be on the up one can never be 100% certain. but the person concerned is radiating with joy and proactivity which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    About half of people (in the UK) diagnosed with cancer live at least another 10 years. It is often a very treatable disease. But this does vary hugely by the type of cancer: prostate and testicular, for example, usually have very good survival rates, while lung cancer sadly does not.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    This is very sad news. He is likely in his final days.
    Well out of order and an unwelcome comment which helps no one. John has had very serious health issues for sometime now and if you regularly read his tweets he is upbeat and facing this part of his life with positivity and bravery . To a greater or lesser extent we are all in or are approaching our last days. John has plenty of life in him yet and we are all rooting for him. This news about his health is not new at all, it is not very sad ..he has a life threatening illness , but his attitude and positive mind set is an inspiration to me and many others. John Wetton....what a guy !!
    Last edited by Gazza2001; 12-03-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza2001 View Post
    Well out of order and an unwelcome comment which helps no one. John has had very serious health issues for sometime now and if you regularly read his tweets he is upbeat and facing this part of his life with positivity and bravery . To a greater or lesser extent we are all in or are approaching our last days. John has plenty of life in him yet and we are all rooting for him.
    Thanks, mom.

Read all the posts after mine. This is very sad news even though I've never met him. So fuck off.

He has late stage stomach cancer not testicular cancer which has a 97% cure rate.

Do any of you know any science at all? Physics guy here.

Oh okay ! Point taken, but it is still best not to make public comments saying some one is in their last days when they are facing such a serious health issue !! In regard to health problems that John is facing that is obviously a medical issue and is not really related to Physics unless he is being given radiotherapy . You say you are a Physics guy and do I or other posters know any Science? I actually have a degree in Engineering and my post grad masters was in Physics !! So yeah I do actually know something about science and I working in Science education. As for telling me to F&ck off ..well have a nice day !!
    Last edited by Gazza2001; 12-03-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Oh okay ! Point taken, but it is still best not to make comments saying some one is in their last days !! In regard to health issues that John is facing that is obviously a medical issue and is not really related to Physics unless he is being given radiotherapy . You say you are a Physics guy and do I know any Science? I actually have a degree in Engineering and my post grad masters was in Physics !! So yeah I do actually know something about science and I working in Science education. As for telling me to F&ck off ..we'll have a nice day !!
    Well then think like a scientist. You have a nice day, too.

Well then think like a scientist. You have a nice day, too.
    My point is that making public comments saying someone is likely in their last days is unhelpful to those who read these posts and John Wetton who probably also reads posts on this site, it has nothing to do with Science and telling me to think like a scientist is frankly rude, you do not know me or how I think. It is about good manners and being thoughtful with posts which are in the public domain and may effect the feelings of others. My Dad died of cancer he was told when the cancer was discovered that he probably had 6 months left to live , but he survived for another 7 years. I think your original public post was not needed. Anyway the important thing is that you , me and all here wish John the best..which is clearly the case. My apologies if I have offended you.
    Last edited by Gazza2001; 12-03-2016 at 08:13 PM.

So fuck off.
    You're not by any chance the author of How To Win Friends And Influence People, are you?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

My point is that making public comments saying someone is likely in their last days is unhelpful to those who read these posts and John Wetton who probably also reads posts on this site, it has nothing to do with Science and telling me to think like a scientist is frankly rude, you do not know how I think. It is about good manners and being thoughtful with posts which are in the public domain and may effect the feels of others. Anyway the important thing is that you , me and all here wish John the best..which is clearly the case.
    Once again, Thanks mom.

Read the posts that came after me. Why pick on me when others have said he looks like a shell of his former self? I never wrote that. Yes, we agree that this is a very sad time as I just listened to him sing on XXX on the way to the store about 30 minutes ago. I do apologize for being rude, though.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Did everybody have a nice day?