Thread: Can anyone ID this song/artist... most likely private press mid to late 70s...

Can anyone ID this song/artist... most likely private press mid to late 70s...

Would love to see if anyone can ID this song/artist? Its a lovely sort of folk-psych tune with a cool phased instrumental outro. It was posted in another group and the consensus there was it was probably from the mid to late 70s, but not sure if the artist or group is American.

https://soundcloud.com/brudaja/xxxx-xxxx-19xx

^^ that link might not work for everyone (it didn't for me), but maybe this one does (the acoustic part starts at 1:00)

/\ fellas thanks BUT... that link to youtube is a tune that SAMPLES the song I am looking for. The question is who is the original artist?

People in the comments section of the YT vid seem just as frustrated as you. A look at WhoSampled didn't turn up anything.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I know it's not much help, but it sounds American to me.

Sounds a little like the canadian band "perth county conspiracy" or rotary connection. Stylewise anyway. Write down the lyrics and search?
    Still alive and well...

Yeah, when I said American, I meant not UK or European. Certainly could be Canadian.

I could ruin these fun threads forever by saying this,
    but if you play it for SIRI he/she may be able to identify.
    Still alive and well...

Interbellum is right. Ascension to nowhere, by people under the stairs.... Or so says SIRI.
    Still alive and well...

^The OP is looking for the song sampled in that song.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Sounds a little like the canadian band "perth county conspiracy" or rotary connection. Stylewise anyway. Write down the lyrics and search?
    The lyrics-search brings you back where we started above....

Thanks for the replys... I did try writing down the lyrics and searching to no avail. I think its american, but some of the lyrics lead me to believe it could be Australian or Canadian, (mentions a "Walkbox"... they hell is that?) It could even be a English speaking lead Euro artist/band. Its a great vibe to the tune, and my guess its some small private press lp. The search goes on.

My prior guess about perth county conspiracy was way off base i think. Now I am looking into the soundtrack for a film called "the refrigerator" with a soundtrack by a guy named "Adam Roth" and maybe the band "The Bodeans". I have yet to find this song but i feel I'm close here. This is really a hard one.
    Still alive and well...

I suspect that this is older than the Bodeans.

Bumb. Just curious (like many others ).