Thread: Can members Reunite For 50-Year Anniversary Show

Can members Reunite For 50-Year Anniversary Show

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Cool. The Sonic Youthers seem like a perfect fit. Hopefully this gets an official release.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yeah, I obviously won't be going but it would be good if there was some audio and/or video documentation.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I know Schmidt was originally an orchestral composer before founding Can so the idea of a symphonic piece based on Can themes should make sense... But, still, it sounds a little frightening to be honest.

Wow! This is MUCH more exciting than a (hypothetical) Genesis reunion.

Yes, if everyone is still alive.

Interesting - unfortunately no mention of Holger Czukay or Damo Suzuki - although Czukay has been quiet for the last 5 or so years. For me Can was always about the late Michael Karoli's unique guitar playing - he continues to be greatly missed.

Wonder why Damo Suzuki wasn't listed? He's been actively playing music, I would've thought they'd include him in this and not Malcolm Mooney.

I read that when Can did Rite Time in the late 80's, they invited both Damo and Mooney, but Damo refused.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    I read that when Can did Rite Time in the late 80's, they invited both Damo and Mooney, but Damo refused.
    Not sure he refused, he appears on the documentary from that recording, seen together with Mooney.

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    Not sure he refused, he appears on the documentary from that recording, seen together with Mooney.
    That's cool, didn't know that. But he didn't sing on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Cool. The Sonic Youthers seem like a perfect fit. Hopefully this gets an official release.
    +1 to that.
    G.A.S -aholic

Yello /fb-page

We are sad to report that Jaki Liebezeit has just spent 3 weeks in hospital with an ongoing heart arrythmia and has to cancel his appearance at Yellosphere next week. Although Jaki wants to do the gig, his doctor says that travelling is out of the question at the moment. We agree. We wish Jaki a speedy recovery and hope to see him unleash his colossal rhythms again soon. Yello, Carl Craig, Andrew Weatherall, Magnetik North, JDTwitch (Optimo) and Ricardo Donoso will still perform. Anyone wanting a refund for Yellosphere, please contact Ian Tregoning (inky@inkyblackness.com). Thanks. (photo : Trev Son https://www.facebook.com/Johnsonfotografie)