Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New White Willow album, Future Hopes coming out in February 2017!!!

Terminal Twilight was their best yet, can't wait to get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    Delusions ?!?

Do you know who I am?

// No need to sign, right?

Calm down, I never said you were not delusional, lol.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Calm down, I never said you were not delusional, lol.
    Bah!

As a ex-member of Änglagård double negatives is peanuts...

// Mattias

Name dropper!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

^ Nah, 'twas just a Freudian slip.

As for the general and/or recurring "quality" of WW's albums, I can think of no other Norwegian band of this endurance who've been as consistantly excellent and just plain interesting - no matter the genre. One may enjoy their given stuff or not, but it was never uninspired or through-the-motions.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Nah, 'twas just a Freudian slip.

As for the general and/or recurring "quality" of WW's albums, I can think of no other Norwegian band of this endurance who've been as consistantly excellent and just plain interesting - no matter the genre. One may enjoy their given stuff or not, but it was never uninspired or through-the-motions.
    I think Jacob is very smart to shift his energy and music between different projects so that when he returns to WW or the Opium Cartel he is inspired and energized.

This also means that he can chisel out the musical profile on both instead of trying to fit it all under one creative umbrella.

What can I say, I was a fan before I joined...

// Mattias

Wow, it's nice to see that we're not forgotten. I would've forgotten about us, if it wasn't for someone like Ken bugging me about some sort of album I was supposed to make

But seriously - heart-warming responses here, and I do hope the album will live up to folks' expectations. I really think it will. Mattias gave this his everything - the drums sound friggin' awesome throughout the entire album. I'm not going to disclose more for now.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Wow, it's nice to see that we're not forgotten. I would've forgotten about us, if it wasn't for someone like Ken bugging me about some sort of album I was supposed to make

But seriously - heart-warming responses here, and I do hope the album will live up to folks' expectations. I really think it will. Mattias gave this his everything - the drums sound friggin' awesome throughout the entire album. I'm not going to disclose more for now.

Jacob
    Now I'm fired up!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I heard they are too high maintenance and can contribute to delusions of grandeur.
    My beard kicks Portnoy's beards ass (or balls maybe? )

As usual, this is auto buy for me. There is not one WW album I don't love.

However, if it doesn't live up to Mattias' billing above, I will take my WW money and spend it only on Portnoy projects

Jon Neudorf
    Auto buy for me as well. Fantastic band, very thoughtful and creative with tremendous attention to detail.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    My beard kicks Portnoy's beards ass (or balls maybe? )
    That's true and explains your constant over-the-top hype.
    <sig out of order>

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hey Ken, how come the CD isn't available via Bandcamp, like the new Discipline is?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey Ken, how come the CD isn't available via Bandcamp, like the new Discipline is?
    Because I'm stupid and lazy. Its on my to-do list.

I need to update all the listings on Bandcamp to offer merch for sale. Frankly you are better off ordering from our website directly. We have to charge more on Bandcamp to pay them their percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Because I'm stupid and lazy. Its on my to-do list.

I need to update all the listings on Bandcamp to offer merch for sale. Frankly you are better off ordering from our website directly. We have to charge more on Bandcamp to pay them their percentage.
    I like to order CDs from Bandcamp because I can stream and/or download it from them right away. The Discipline CD is only $0.50 more on Bandcamp - not sure if there's a difference in postage. Would White Willow be the same, pricewise? Of course if it's not gonna happen, c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I like to order CDs from Bandcamp because I can stream and/or download it from them right away. The Discipline CD is only $0.50 more on Bandcamp - not sure if there's a difference in postage. Would White Willow be the same, pricewise? Of course if it's not gonna happen, c'est la vie.
    When I get to it the price will be the same.

White Willow CD is up on Bandcamp:

https://lasersedge.bandcamp.com/album/future-hopes

Hooray! And thanks. Jacob owes me a drink.

I got this on vinyl, and it's both visually and sonically delicious. It's one of those rare occasions where I'll actually take time to look at the cover before checking the smell of it. It's simply THAT delicious in appearance.

It's a bit sexual, this. Kinda.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I got this on vinyl, and it's both visually and sonically delicious. It's one of those rare occasions where I'll actually take time to look at the cover before checking the smell of it. It's simply THAT delicious in appearance.

It's a bit sexual, this. Kinda.
    I listened to the first few tracks on Bandcamp today after licking the screen of my iPhone. I enjoyed both.

TMI!