Thread: RIP---Canadian Comedy Legend Dave Broadfoot

RIP---Canadian Comedy Legend Dave Broadfoot

So bummed to hear about his death this morning. Both as part of the Royal Canadian Air Farce in the 1970s and early 80s, and solo stuff after that, he was political without being nasty and funny as anything. And he didn't have to swear to be funny. Never tried to make it big in the states because he loved living with the people above the 49th parallel.

A man that made me so happy for so many years has made me sad today.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Is being a "Canadian Legend" something like being "world famous in Denmark"?

No....being a Canadian legend means that you don't give a shit about the USA and know that you can be relevant in your own country without selling out. I know that many Americans don't realize this, but there is a whole world of countries outside your borders who really don't need you.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    No....being a Canadian legend means that you don't give a shit about the USA and know that you can be relevant in your own country without selling out. I know that many Americans don't realize this, but there is a whole world of countries outside your borders who really don't need you.
    This American understands.

FWIW, I thought the comment was out of line, as well.

I never heard of the guy, but RIP, nonetheless.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    RIP