Thread: In case some of you are living in a bubble (and I know some of you are)....

In case some of you are living in a bubble (and I know some of you are)....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great stuff -- I'm a big fan of Pete Jones' music. Hoping for another studio album one of these days. CTTOI, just got a notice from Bandcamp that the new Colin Tench CD is on its way, and I know Pete was very involved in that!

Pretty amazing! is there a reason I cant see why he plays guitar the way he does?

Occupies a space sort of in between Pink Floyd and Dire Straits - but all its own. Very nice.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Lovely stuff Chris, thanks for sharing this, it has a real Camel feel to me, which is unsurprising since he did tour on keys with them recently. I really like the band accompaniment, the only time I have seen Pete live (at The Borderline supporting Magenta) he was solo but still terrific.

Is there any new studio music in the pipeline I wonder, it's been a while?

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Pretty amazing! is there a reason I cant see why he plays guitar the way he does?
    It isn't perhaps obvious from that video but Peter is blind and has adopted his own guitar approach. He isn't the only blind player I've seen take approach guitar in this way. He is such a talent on many instruments and a wonderful singer too.

Very nice. Camelesque. I have his Tiger Moth Tales. Hoping he does more.
    Thanks for the clip.

Mike

I hear the Camel sound as well, very nice. I see two Tiger Moth albums, Cocoon and Story Tellers. Can anyone tell me which album the song above is on?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post
    I hear the Camel sound as well, very nice. I see two Tiger Moth albums, Cocoon and Story Tellers. Can anyone tell me which album the song above is on?
    It's on Cocoon. For anyone interested, downloads can be purchased here:

https://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/

Watch this for more of his amazing guitar technique:

Also, for anyone who hasn't heard this track - I love it and it's sort of his most Hackett/Phillips-like song IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    It isn't perhaps obvious from that video but Peter is blind and has adopted his own guitar approach. He isn't the only blind player I've seen take approach guitar in this way. He is such a talent on many instruments and a wonderful singer too.
    The late Canadian bluesman Jeff Healey (who was also blind) played with the guitar lying flat on his lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgOUzodS6E
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    The late Canadian bluesman Jeff Healey (who was also blind) played with the guitar lying flat on his lap:
    Jeff Healey has passed? I had no idea!

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    Very nice. Camelesque.
    I actually don't hear the Camel sound that much in this one and that is mainly due to the guitar tone. It however reminds me an awful lot of Gary Moore and Parissien Walkways and that should not be a surprise to any one who follows him:

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Jeff Healey has passed? I had no idea!
    Eight and a half years ago, from lung cancer. He wasn't just an amazing guitarist, he was also an avid record collector, with a huge collection of 78's. He hosted his own radio show, where he played many of the great jazz and blues records he owned.