Page 134 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Another little snippet of an interview our leader gave to Sean Kitching over at The Quietus .... http://thequietus.com/articles/23830-tim-smith-cardiacs

There's mention of an official Cardiacs book no less. Not heard that rumour before. Make it be true!
    There were rumblings of a documentary being made with archive and recent footage too. Don't know if that's still a 'thing', but we can dream right?

Just noticed another interesting and valuable point about this situation and that is the number of people who've donated and stated that they were compelled to listen to Cardiacs for the first time in the last few days after reading the original article. Hopefully this widens Tim's audience and helps form a new generation of Cardiacs fans, no matter how small the number.

Nice to see Fish chipping in with a generous donation. Also I noticed a 14 year old Cardiacs nut from the States who found $50 from his own money to contribute. It's almost enough to make a chap start blubbing.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

70k lads.

Why not......

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Another little snippet of an interview our leader gave to Sean Kitching over at The Quietus .... http://thequietus.com/articles/23830-tim-smith-cardiacs

There's mention of an official Cardiacs book no less. Not heard that rumour before. Make it be true!
    Yeah, that would be incredible. I cannot imagine the logistics involved knowing the difficulty imparted on Timmy to communicate, unless it was co-written in conjunction with another author (a la Real FZ Book).

I made another order from the ABC about a month ago buying random things (more shirts, coffee mug, etc ) in hopes Tim would see that money. My wife even has a Little Man Tshirt now for around the house . Hopefully this drive will encourage some newbies to buy the complete catalog.

Next purchase: vinyl! (getting another TT soon).

Christ...almost 74% of the goal (itself already a stretched goal) in less than a week.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

So glad to see all the attention being given to this, not to mention the outpouring of love from others in the music/media world. I hope Tim knows how important he is to so many people.

I think he does now.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I made another order from the ABC about a month ago buying random things (more shirts, coffee mug, etc ) in hopes Tim would see that money. My wife even has a Little Man Tshirt now for around the house . Hopefully this drive will encourage some newbies to buy the complete catalog.
    Yeah, was just thinking I need to finish off the catalogue. I'm missing Guns and a few of the live albums. Probably should fix that.

Also, my damn little man Cardiacs mug broke.

Gonna need a new one of those, too.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Yeah, was just thinking I need to finish off the catalogue. I'm missing Guns and a few of the live albums. Probably should fix that.
    You definitely, definitely* need Guns.

*definitely

^

What he said. You’re in for a treat with Guns. Some stone cold classics on there: ‘Wind and Rains Is Cold‘, ‘Song of a Dead Pest‘, ‘Sleep All Eyes Open‘ and the epic ‘Jitterbug‘ are all divine. The whole damn thing is terrific, really. Not a dud on there.

Regarding the live albums: The Special Garage Concerts and All that Glitters Is a Mare’s Nest are both essential. Speaking of the latter: Does that hooligan yelling “Cherish Your Butthole! Hallelujah!” prior to ‘I Hold My Love in My Arms’ sound familiar to anyone? Is this Mr. Torabi’s first appearance on a Cardiacs album or am I just hearing things?
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

That was not me in the crowd at Maresnest.
    I had an invite to attend the show (as did everyone in the Yousletter family) and nearly did. I had just passed my driving test at the time and was going to borrow my Dad's car to drive to Salisbury but bottled it at the last minute due to lack of confidence behind the wheel.
    On the video you can see both Jon Poole and Bob Leith on the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    I had an invite to attend the show (as did everyone in the Yousletter family) and nearly did. I had just passed my driving test at the time and was going to borrow my Dad's car to drive to Salisbury but bottled it at the last minute due to lack of confidence behind the wheel.
    On the video you can see both Jon Poole and Bob Leith on the audience.
    I was stuck in high school - coming out of 10th grade I think... all Zappa, Henry Cow and yep - Fugazi and Jane's Addiction at that time. Jon with hair is fun.

I had an invite to attend the show (as did everyone in the Yousletter family).......... .
    who is this?

The Yousletter family was, effectively, the Cardiacs fan club until the internet came along and ruined everything.
    You received (or were meant to, sometimes they were quite slack) four Yousletters a year.
    When you joined you got a lovely 'I am in it' badge and a collection of seeds to plant.

The Yousletter family was, effectively, the Cardiacs fan club until the internet came along and ruined everything.
    You received (or were meant to, sometimes they were quite slack) four Yousletters a year.
    When you joined you got a lovely 'I am in it' badge and a collection of seeds to plant.
    Ha!

Seeds....sweet.

This from faCIAebook:

From BIC
    If any of you beautiful entities fancy a dalliance with some “BLACK PSYCHEDELIA” - as Tim described it - please consider putting some pennies towards this crooked take on the fragile experience we is all engaged in. Mixed by TIM SMITH and mikrokosmos in the Autumn of 1997…
    IT IS.
    ALL of your Gold Pennies will go direct to Tim”s crowd fund campaign to help put him wherever he needs to go/be in this here realm right now.
    None more realz. None more lovez … Kidz with The Zedz
    Love You Allz BIC Xxx
    https://mikrokosmos.bandcamp.com/alb...rt-of-the-home

^

Looks like Cardiacs are more popular than ever. Fans in Brazil, Argentina, India and Japan? Very cool!

The bass in "There’s Good Cud", though.

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    ^

Looks like Cardiacs are more popular than ever. Fans in Brazil, Argentina, India and Japan? Very cool!
    Heartwarming, to say the least.

Preston

Pop concert.

More to follow

Everything turns out nicely in the summer time

26733864_10160080934075093_3464382842649800863_n.jpg