Page 132 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

SPRATLEYS JAPS perform Odd Even from the Cardiacs' album Sing To God (1996), written by Tim Smith and Jon Poole.

STEPHEN EVENS sing Two Bites Of Cherry, from the Cardiacs' album On Land And In The Sea (1989), written by Tim Smith.

All profits from this split single will go directly to Tim Smith.

Artwork by Robert White.
    credits
    released November 21, 2017

SPRATLEYS JAPS: Jesse Cutts - bass / Adrien Rodes - keyboards, singing / Étienne Rodes - guitars / Jo Spratley - singing / Damo Waters - drums, singing, percussion.
    Odd Even engineered by Cameron T. Devlin at Hidden Cam Studios, Brighton / mixed by Christian D. Hayes at Aurum Studio, Brighton / mastered by Ron Synovitz at Golden Hive Studio, Prague.

STEPHEN EVENS: Jonathan Clayton - Hammond organ / Caroline Gilchrist - singing / Stephen Gilchrist - singing and guitars / Nicholas Howiantz - bass guitar, synths and singing / Bob Leith - drums / Jenny Macro - guitars.
    Two Bites Of Cherry produced and engineered by Nicholas Howiantz / Recorded at Brixton Hill Studios, London / Mastered by Mark Cawthra.

https://spratleysjaps.bandcamp.com/a...ites-of-cherry

Thanks for the info Sterbus. Gladly purchased and donated to our favorite musician with the surname Smith. The keyboard interlude in Odd/Even is there! Bravo.

Done. Thanks for the heads-up, Sterbus. Kudos to Spratleys and Mr. Evens for helping TS (and for having the guts to cover Cardiacs).
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Almost page 4.....whoops. I did spin a Cardiacs mix I made over the past few days, so that counts as a bump, yeah?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I was noticing the slippage.

Sitting in work with my cherry red Little Man and a House T-shirt on, satisfied that i've secured my tickets for Knifeworld (acoustic/electric) at the Lexington in January.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post

Sitting in work with my cherry red Little Man and a House T-shirt on, satisfied that i've secured my tickets for Knifeworld (acoustic/electric) at the Lexington in January.
    Jealous. Have fun.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well, while we are here, why not remind about the really really near Spratley's Japs tour?

tour.jpg

(don't know how to make it bigger, I suppose you must click on it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post

I recall posting something like this last Dec... haha. Too bad I cant travel back in time for that January Lexington show again... OR - fly to this one! It was the shit. So fun.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I recall posting something like this last Dec... haha. Too bad I cant travel back in time for that January Lexington show again... OR - fly to this one! It was the shit. So fun.
    It was the dogs bollocks, but given my recent jaunt to London for NSRO this is a no go. Would love to be there.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    Well, while we are here, why not remind about the really really near Spratley's Japs tour?

tour.jpg

(don't know how to make it bigger, I suppose you must click on it!)
    Really cool that Poole is involved in the one show. Any chance any of this gets recorded and released?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This might be (somewhat) pretty unrelated, but Norwegian Airlines is running some very cheap flights to the UK/Europe from the US, including London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin, etc - as in about $400 US roundtrip - at least from NYC or Newburgh, NY. Its good to know in case somebody in the states needs to fly to the UK to see a favorite band/concert. Flights are usually around $1k from NYC but less than half via Norwegian.

https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking...fare-calendar/

Kack! Cant let the dog get lost on page 3! Was getting close - bump for love.

Been spending the festive season attempting to learn Cardiacs songs on the guitar. It's quite hard... was proud of myself for figuring out the main riff in Bodysbad, but stuff like Burn Your House Brown and the fiddly bit at the end of My Trade Mark requires dislocated fingers to play. I'm not convinced anyone can play this shite, band included.

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    Been spending the festive season attempting to learn Cardiacs songs on the guitar. It's quite hard... was proud of myself for figuring out the main riff in Bodysbad, but stuff like Burn Your House Brown and the fiddly bit at the end of My Trade Mark requires dislocated fingers to play. I'm not convinced anyone can play this shite, band included.
    Oh I hear that. If one doesn't have your chords chops up to top-top shape, you're gonna be sucking a dry egg with a dirty clogged plastic straw. What does that even mean? I'm not totally sure but the music is fucking hard.

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    Just to make you feel bad. BodysBAD!

A few updates on Tim's FB today:

"Hello everyone. This is Sharron here on Tim's Facebook page. Please think positive thoughts for our beautiful leader today. Please don't ask why or raise a panic. He needs you to focus. xxx"

"Hello everyone. This is Sharron here on Tim’s Facebook page telling you that tomorrow you should definitely buy the ‘i’ newspaper."

Sending Timmy all of my positive thoughts! I really don't know how to interpret this, especially in light of the second post. I hope I'm not calling inappropriate attention to this by posting it here, but posts like this naturally leave me a bit worried and I hope everything is all right. I suppose we'll learn more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post

"Hello everyone. This is Sharron here on Tim’s Facebook page telling you that tomorrow you should definitely buy the ‘i’ newspaper."

What do you think the i newspaper is? Thanks for the update in any event. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What do you think the i newspaper is? Thanks for the update in any event. Cheers.
    It's a British daily newspaper. Web site here:

https://inews.co.uk/
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Thanks

I read the article on facebook. Heartbreaking.

Also a call for a fundraising campaign to raise money for his healthcare costs.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/timsmith

No brainer for me. The man has given me so much joy over the last 30 years of my life.

There's also a very long and official statement over at the Cardiacs Official page. Read here

http://www.cardiacs.com/tim-smith-health-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    There's also a very long and official statement over at the Cardiacs Official page. Read here

http://www.cardiacs.com/tim-smith-health-2018/
    and the full article from Inews in electronic form:
    https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/...-brain-injury/

Campaign is launching like a rocket. Only hafyway on day 1 and already over 30%
    Wow! I am so proud to be a pondy.

Wow it's flying! Inspiring.

Just donated, it's the least i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Campaign is launching like a rocket. Only hafyway on day 1 and already over 30%
    Wow! I am so proud to be a pondy.
    I'll be donating tonight after I talk to the boss (wife). What sucks is that our credit card statement is ridiculously huge after the holidays here, but too bad, this needs to happen. Tim is a gem, and I would literally give the shirt off my back to make him well if I could. I am very glad that at least this is in the open and some help will be travelling his way. I have never met Tim but I would venture to guess that he is a most humble chap. I'm sure the love and support of the pondies will come through here. Sigh.

Tim - if you're reading this, you are LOVED mate. Stay strong.

Thanks for the link and update Dunnoman.