Page 131 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Who's him?

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

This DVD is so ridiculously great, its well, ridiculous. The bickering and banter is priceless. The look on the lucky recipient of the Churchill ordeal dealt out by Kavus - oh my. Also, Jim "finding" the input on his bass - holy shit. Musically its beyond any words - these tunes are brilliant. And lastly, the bit at the end with Tim "fiddling" on the piano brought tears to my eyes the first time I watched it. Sigh.

EVERYBODY please buy this. Its absolutely brilliant.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yes sir.

I'm gonna order this along with the vinyl reissue of HBaEB from Casa Wayside, hopefully.

Imagine hearing "Dirty Boy" with the Kavus Quartet in hi-fi? Oh boy.
    According to the following article, "Dirty Boy" was played as an encore during the three Garage Concerts!

http://www.furious.com/perfect/cardiacs.html

This DVD is so ridiculously great, its well, ridiculous. The bickering and banter is priceless. The look on the lucky recipient of the Churchill ordeal dealt out by Kavus - oh my. Also, Jim "finding" the input on his bass - holy shit. Musically its beyond any words - these tunes are brilliant. And lastly, the bit at the end with Tim "fiddling" on the piano brought tears to my eyes the first time I watched it. Sigh.

Ordered today. Insert odd ABC jokes that I won’t understand.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Happy Monday everyone.

For anyone interested, there's a new Twitter account which looks like its run by the ABC - Cardiacs Fans (@CardiacsBand).

It was through this i've seen that Spratleys Japs are touring in December - Huddersfield, Bristol, London and Brighton. Give them a follow if you like this kind of thing!

I blubbed on the ending too. THen - I watched it about 20 more times - and blubbed again! Oh... Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Insert odd ABC jokes that I won’t understand.
    You and me both. I still laugh and gasp at them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Oh... Ivy.
    No feet for me and suck red upon my belly
    We wanna be Dog-Like Ivy

No feet for me and suck red upon my belly
    We wanna be Dog-Like Ivy
    On - The - Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

Composers are not necessarily dead. They also do not necessarily write symphonies in D flat minor in a 4/4 time signature. Tim Smith, frontman of the British band called Cardiacs is a great composer who wrote lots of music permeated with energy, humor, beauty, britishness. By people who only partly open their ears (or their minds for that matter), his music has been defined being ‘chaotic’. The opposite is true, however: it is strongly organised music and all one needs to be able to do is count past four (and not forget about prime numbers). This challenging mix of punk, progrock, orchestral and live electronic music (also known as ‘pronk”) will be performed by BarmyFiveseveN, an ensemble from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam. BarmyFiveseveN, directed by Jos Zwaanenburg, is a small bigband of around 15 players, armed with live electronic extensions.
    Here it is, for your pleasure....
    and please notice that one of the pieces is an unreleased song that Tim wrote back in 1983!

Yes. Almost through my first listen now.

I wonder why it never occurred to me what a good bass player Jim is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    and please notice that one of the pieces is an unreleased song that Tim wrote back in 1983!
    CHEERS for posting this! Can't wait to see it.

I wonder why it never occurred to me what a good bass player Jim is.
    He's pretty ridiculous. An absolute monster actually, and note-for-note perfect for this band's incredible music. His nonchalant and virtually expressionless gazes just adds to the madness. His bass lines are also wicked fun to play. Now ewe nose - him is Jim.

He's pretty ridiculous. An absolute monster actually, and note-for-note perfect for this band's incredible music. His nonchalant and virtually expressionless gazes just adds to the sexiness.
    Fixed it.

Fixed it.
    I crack up every time I hear him mutter that

Got the DVD late last week as well, took a break from my Art Zoyd binge to give it a watch Saturday morning. Great fun stuff, killer performances. I chuckled often
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The vinyl copy of HBaEB that I'd ordered from Wayside arrived today (along with the orange vinyl edition of PFM's Emotional Tattoos)! As you can probably guess, I greedily ripped off the cellophane and set to downloading the digital files (the vinyl itself will have to wait until later in the week when I have access to my record player).

Giving the files a listen now, and am excited to hear the "original master"(!) for the first time.

Edit: Bloody heck! What a great tune "She Is Hiding Behind The Shed" is! This one never fails to get me, its energy is just infectious.
    Last edited by aith01; 11-13-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Got the DVD late last week as well, took a break from my Art Zoyd binge to give it a watch Saturday morning. Great fun stuff, killer performances. I chuckled often
    This will probably (undoubtedly) make me look like an idiot, but... I don't think I realized until now that you liked Tim & Co. as well. I knew I liked you, John.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    The vinyl copy of HBaEB that I'd ordered from Wayside arrived today (along with the orange vinyl edition of PFM's Emotional Tattoos)! As you can probably guess, I greedily ripped off the cellophane and set to downloading the digital files (the vinyl itself will have to wait until later in the week when I have access to my record player).

Giving the files a listen now, and am excited to hear the "original master"(!) for the first time.

Edit: Bloody heck! What a great tune "She Is Hiding Behind The Shed" is! This one never fails to get me, its energy is just infectious.
    I was also super happy to see they put that other mix out with it - slightly less treble... and for me - noticeably better. I think it really is my favorite after OLAITS. The whole thing has such a great flow - and some raging tunes. Goodbye Grace being one of my absolutely favorites - I like when Tim was asked about playing that one live - something like "Yeah - are you fucking kidding me?!" haha

Wish they sold digital downloads separately. Would love to hear the original master.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianghetto View Post
    Wish they sold digital downloads separately. Would love to hear the original master.
    What he said...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

We keep pushing ABC to move over to Bandcamp and put it all out. Maybe one day. The demand is there it seems... as much as I love having the physical copies - I would buy it all this way without a second thought.

^

Cardiacs on Bandcamp would be great. ABC could release the complete Garage tapes, i.e. all three concerts including the encores (provided the recordings still exist).

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post

I just saw this! And got all excited! But "this video is unavailable"

Thanks for posting, anyway. I need to get one of them "VPN" thingies I guess...
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile