Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    How many Europe trips you doing this year?
    London England - Knifeworld, Guapo, Spratleys Japs, Admirals Hard
    Yorkshire England - Boys drinking weekend
    Carmaux France - Rock In Opposition Festival
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm going to commit genocide for a ticket to this.

Would be an awesome show to attend! I'd even make the trip across the ocean for that, if I could...

I'm super-excited to get to see Kavus in person with Knifeworld at Cruise to the Edge next year.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I'm super-excited to get to see Kavus in person with Knifeworld at Cruise to the Edge next year.
    Kavus is about as lovely and humble a man as you'll ever meet. My ribs are still bruised from the monster hug he laid on me! Best hug ever!

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Kavus is about as lovely and humble a man as you'll ever meet. My ribs are still bruised from the monster hug he laid on me! Best hug ever!
    Would love to see Knifeworld sometime. One of the coolest modern bands, and one of my faves currently operating in the more experimental spheres of the music world.

Would also love to meet Kavus in person, as he does seem like a lovely fellow.

Also, how cool that Knifeworld is playing Cruise to the Edge! That's just awesome.

Hi Frank, yes indeed I'll be playing there, very thrilled about that! I know you were at the first-ever BD gig which was at Nearfest something like 10 years ago. Needless to say I have learned much since then and have come to LOVE performing solo, I mean really solo just by myself, rather than struggling to try and have a band. It works!

Hope to meet you again before, well, YOU KNOW.....(furtively glances toward the cemetery)

Sir Bob Drake playing this too??!! Unbelievable. We're going back to Europe in July but not in this area of the world. OH man, what a treat this is going to be.

Page 4 today... hell no. Bump. Been listening to HBAEB a ton - I think its one of the baddest albums ever - the flow and order of the songs is brilliant - and Tim loves it too.

I need to spin some Cardiacs this morning. Might help me to wake up even (had to skip the coffee; left the house in a hurry today).

Page 4 today... hell no. Bump. Been listening to HBAEB a ton - I think its one of the baddest albums ever - the flow and order of the songs is brilliant - and Tim loves it too.
    I go through phases where Heaven Born has been my absolute fav, but it all depends on mood. Its really impossible to choose a fav.

I go through phases where Heaven Born has been my absolute fav, but it all depends on mood. Its really impossible to choose a fav.
    It really is... but I swear I might end up on 'On Land and In The Sea' in the end... just loaded with so many insanely great tunes. I even made a statement on the Cardiacs page a while ago that 'The Everso Closely Guarded Line' might be my favorite song - ever. It just has everything in one place for me. I never say crazy shit like that... but it was pretty true when I said it. Ya... I still mean it. Yup. Now I gotta go play the whole album again to be sure! haha

On page 1 of this thread I said:

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    HUGE Cardiacs fan here.

I think their best album is Sing to God part 1 & 2. In fact, i think this is the best album ever recorded.
    many years later and on page 121 I still feel the same ;-)

Wow, I didn't realize this thread is 4 years old. It is the thread that made me finally jump on board as well and also branch out (hello, Knifeworld). And I agree with you about STG.

Slipping off the front page again!!!

In that case, i'd like to talk a little about a very important, but not often discussed track on this thread, Ditzy Scene. Wow! What. A. Song! I liked it a lot when i first heard it, but over the last few years, it's grown into one of my favourites. One of the great Cardiacs moments is where, after the 2+min intro, the apocalyptics guitars and vocals kick in - the power is enough to knock you back on your heels. I think Kavus mentioned a year or so back that it was incredibly difficult to play live and i can see that. The intro alone, meandering along, part surf guitar, part spaghetti western (to my ears anyway), building that tension until song itself explodes. The more i listen to it, the more convinced i am that this is one of the best things they ever did. Was this indicative of the album that LSD would have been? I'd love to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Slipping off the front page again!!!

In that case, i'd like to talk a little about a very important, but not often discussed track on this thread, Ditzy Scene. Wow! What. A. Song! I liked it a lot when i first heard it, but over the last few years, it's grown into one of my favourites. One of the great Cardiacs moments is where, after the 2+min intro, the apocalyptics guitars and vocals kick in - the power is enough to knock you back on your heels. I think Kavus mentioned a year or so back that it was incredibly difficult to play live and i can see that. The intro alone, meandering along, part surf guitar, part spaghetti western (to my ears anyway), building that tension until song itself explodes. The more i listen to it, the more convinced i am that this is one of the best things they ever did. Was this indicative of the album that LSD would have been? I'd love to know.
    I for one love the twangy fiddly bits that were being laid down on this EP. That pseudo country ripping edge it has - Kavus?? Anyway - agree - these tunes must have buried friends somewhere... lurking ... waiting to be heard! Please?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    On page 1 of this thread I said:

many years later and on page 121 I still feel the same ;-)
    You're probably right in all seriousness. Well, its a tie with The Rotters Club

Guns might be Tim's masterpiece. Every tune is a monster, and so amazingly musical and creative, there is no equal in what they do. The harmonic progressions alone are mind-numbing in the most beautiful and warped sense, and always the Englishness pervades at every twist and turn. Incredible playing throughout is an understatement, its spot on and more.

Guns might be Tim's masterpiece. Every tune is a monster, and so amazingly musical and creative, there is no equal in what they do. The harmonic progressions alone are mind-numbing in the most beautiful and warped sense, and always the Englishness pervades at every twist and turn. Incredible playing throughout is an understatement, its spot on and more.
    This.

Was just listening to Guns a couple days ago. "Come Back Clammy Lammy" is a monster track, so relentless. Then of course there's "Cry Wet Smile Dry", which has that bizarre bridge that always twists my brain up (in a good way).

It is interesting how the Englishness pervades that record, even though there's a distinct "psychedelic Americana" undercurrent running through all of the songs. I've yet to hear another album quite like it.

Think I'll dial up some Cardiacs this morning at work -- on headphones of course. Don't want to frighten my coworkers.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    This.

Was just listening to Guns a couple days ago. "Come Back Clammy Lammy" is a monster track, so relentless. Then of course there's "Cry Wet Smile Dry", which has that bizarre bridge that always twists my brain up (in a good way).

It is interesting how the Englishness pervades that record, even though there's a distinct "psychedelic Americana" undercurrent running through all of the songs. I've yet to hear another album quite like it.

Think I'll dial up some Cardiacs this morning at work -- on headphones of course. Don't want to frighten my coworkers.
    Just having my Cardiacs Little Man mug on my desk scares people enough. Oh... and that I wear something related almost every damn day! lol

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    This.

Great call on the "Americana" vibe, yet still English at heart. Tim's vocals are so beautifully English.

Just having my Cardiacs Little Man mug on my desk scares people enough. Oh... and that I wear something related almost every damn day! lol
    It's like we know this brilliant secret that they do not. The greatest band to ever walk the flippin Earth and they are obvious to them. Not to mention the spiritual awakening this band has given me, I am a hardcore atheist, yet this music reaches me on a much deeper level. Hard to put into words, but you guys know what i mean! This music transcends basically everything.

Obsessed with this tune. Amazing.

Just got my tickets for Augusts shindig. I'm ing

Don't know if i already posted this. It's worth watching till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    Just got my tickets for Augusts shindig. I'm ing

Don't know if i already posted this. It's worth watching till the end.
    Yeah man... this is great. Seeing Timmy on video - film - print - anywhere - always fun. Good tune too!

^So is this Timmy's place and studio?

If so, what Cardiacs albums were recorded there?

Also, Is this the same house as the 40th Birthday Garden Party?

Or am I way off?