Page 119 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Nice date for a Cardiacs affectionate friends & family festival. I might even be able to make it!
    This is what i was thinking and after missing the previous two i'm determined to make it to this one (should it happen).
    Last edited by loosefish; 01-14-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Are we thinking it's an event instead of a release?

The way it's been announced makes me think so, pure speculation on my part though. Maybe the Budgie is releasing an album.

Well that was fun! Spratleys Japs were far more psychadelic live than i was expecting, but a great evening. Seeing Kavus join them on stage for Flap Off You Beak was brilliant.

IMG_20170115_232305.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Well that was fun! Spratleys Japs were far more psychadelic live than i was expecting, but a great evening. Seeing Kavus join them on stage for Flap Off You Beak was brilliant.
    SO great to hear. Did they play "Vine"? The outro to that piece is one of my favorite Tim-penned moments, period. Wait, did they play the entire album? "Cabinet"?

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    Maybe the Budgie is releasing an album.
    I think I just got this

IMG_20170115_232305.jpg
    Oh man, awesome! "Flap Off You Beak" is probably one of my Top 5 Cardiacs songs, and to have seen it live with Kavus on stage must have been crazy great.

In one word - joyous!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It was a wonderful gig, Spratley's were excellent, Guapo were monstrous. The previous night Knifeworld and Admirals Hard were excellent. It was a stupendous weekend. Just got back to Boston and still got a silly grin on my face. Made new friends, met old friends. Weirdest moment, getting asked if I was Nogbad while standing at a urinal.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    . Weirdest moment, getting asked if I was Nogbad while standing at a urinal.
    Was he looking at you Ian?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

That was me. Nice to meet you Ian, even if only briefly. Saturday was a great great night, sadly had to miss Sunday but hope to see Spratley Japs in Brighton next month.

Quote Originally Posted by tonewalk View Post
    That was me. Nice to meet you Ian, even if only briefly. Saturday was a great great night, sadly had to miss Sunday but hope to see Spratley Japs in Brighton next month.
    Was great to meet you briefly
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

It was a wonderful gig, Spratley's were excellent, Guapo were monstrous. The previous night Knifeworld and Admirals Hard were excellent. It was a stupendous weekend. Just got back to Boston and still got a silly grin on my face. Made new friends, met old friends. Weirdest moment, getting asked if I was Nogbad while standing at a urinal.
    did you shake?

did you shake?
    A brief meeting in the mens room. Not sure if I want those details.[emoji48]

did you shake?
    Yes, but couldn't get rid of the last drop.
    Ian

Good to hear it.

i was keeping my ears open for American accents but didn't get the opportunity to say hello to anyone. Glad you enjoyed your trip though.

Needless to say I am pretty envious at everyone who made it this weekend. Timing was just all wrong for me.
    I hope to make to the next cardiacs event in August.

Good to hear it.

i was keeping my ears open for American accents but didn't get the opportunity to say hello to anyone. Glad you enjoyed your trip though.
    While I am an American (as well as British (dual citizen)), and have lived in the USA for 18 years, you wouldn't know it from my accent, that hasn't changed since I left the UK.
    Ian

Back at my work desk this morning--- and holy mother... #$*! @$@! --- that was a hellava weekend. Ian!!!! You cracked me up so much when I walked into the Islington and my name gets yelled out. ERIC!!!! lol I felt so good.

Spratleys was amazing. A blur of a few days. I'll need to gather my thoughts and write a proper review - I wish I could recall the set list!! I was in heaven and the little mosh we got rolling was sublime. I almost passed out.

All I know is the first night with Knifeworld and Admirals Hard - I dont know if I've ever had a hug as big and as heart felt as the one I got from Kavus - KAVUS you lovely man! You recognized me and welcomed me like I couldnt have ever anticipated. THAT was truly epic. You are a top notch human being man. Thank you so much for that feeling of belonging. It meant the world to me.

Quick review of an excellent weekend.

Flew over on Friday night arriving at Heathrow Saturday morning then took the tube to Kings Cross. Had splendid afternoon in the 3 Johns and Craft Beer pubs in Islington with my sister. Quite surprised to see so many small USA breweries on tap. Went to the Islington on Saturday night to see Knifeworld & Admirals Hard. Small side room that probably holds about 80 people. 8 piece Knifeworld packed onto small stage. Kavus playing acoustic guitar rather than his usual electric. Tight fun set with lots of great tunes, lots of energy. Great blend of sounds with the bassoon & 2 saxes plus Emmett's keys and the guitar, bass & drums. Second up were Admirals Hard, full set of sea shanties in a band led by Andy Carne and featuring the Larcombe brothers from Stars In Battledress and Kavus. Loads of fun with lots of bouncing and singing along.

Second night was at the larger Lexington with lots of people in Cardiacs & Spratley's gear. First up were Guapo playing a tight loud noisy set, high energy plenty of drive. I really like the ullean & northumbrian pipes, subtle tones. Set list of Obscure Knowledge and Tremors. Kavus was in top form and David J Smith's drums grooved and grooved. Second up were Spratley's Japs with a high energy wonky pop set of material. Had the crowd bouncing. Terrific fun.

Got home on Monday exhausted but happy. Wonderful weekend. Great to meet new and old friends. Was great to meet you Eric.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 01-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    Ian

Quick review of an excellent weekend.

Flew over on Friday night arriving at Heathrow Saturday morning then took the tube to Kings Cross. Had splendid afternoon in the 3 Johns and Craft Beer pubs in Islington with my sister. Quite surprised to see so many small USA breweries on tap. Went to the Islington on Saturday night to see Knifeworld & Admirals Hard. Small side room that probably holds about 80 people. 8 piece Knifeworld packed onto small stage. Kavus playing acoustic guitar rather than his usual electric. Tight fun set with lots of great tunes, lots of energy. Great blend of sounds with the bassoon & 2 saxes plus Emmett's keys and the guitar, bass & drums. Second up were Admirals Hard, full set of sea shanties in a band led by Andy Carne and featuring the Larcombe brothers from Stars In Battledress and Kavus. Loads of fun with lots of bouncing and singing along.

Second night was at the larger Lexington with lots of people in Cardiacs & Spratley's gear. First up were Guapo playing a tight loud noisy set, high energy plenty of drive. I really like the ullean & northumbrian pipes, subtle tones. Set list of Obscure Knowledge and Tremors. Kavus was in top form and David J Smith's drums grooved and grooved. Second up were Spratley's Japs with a high energy wonky pop set of material. Had the crowd bouncing. Terrific fun.

Got home on Monday exhausted but happy. Wonderful weekend. Great to meet new and old friends. Was great to meet you Eric.
    We had about the exact same Saturday too. lol I'm glad I had a few days over Monday and Tuesday to cool out after the frantic weekend - I lost my voice several times over the weekend too. Great stuff.

I no longer have access to YouTube in work, so can't provide a link, but if anyone's interested, there's a brief clip of Spratleys Japs from the Lexington gig uploaded - including Flap Off You Beak with Kavus.

Thanks for the heads-up.